Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-21, 08:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

D&A Pilates Sculpt - 30min
JS WS3 Cardio Hit - 30min

I think Define & Align is my best purchase in quite a while. I really click with Karen and I'm really enjoying this set. Pilates Sculp packed a punch and time flew. I especially liked the abs section at the end. Creative but no weird moves and covered all angles.

Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Cardio Hit was not bad although some moves were awkward. I don't know why I pulled this one out but it made me realize I've never done this workout before. In fact, out of 20 workouts in this set, I think I've only tried 4-5. Maybe I'll attempt to do a 4 week rotation of WS3 at some point but probably not any time soon.

Waves to all! I'll check back later.
Old 03-22-21, 06:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Faithful Workouts - Low Impact Cardio & Barre - 28 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs & Hips - 12 minutes

I think Michelle has posted a few newer workouts - maybe from the filming session last fall? This Low Impact Cardio & Barre was one of them - I would say it was about 20 minutes of drill style cardio - no choreography at all - with 5 minutes of barre work using light weights for the upper body, and finished with a 3 to 4 minute chair stretch.

Dana - I would agree - Define & Align is definitely my best purchase in a long while. I loved Pilates Sculpt - like you said - it was creative without being weird. Karen keeps things moving.

Donna - I hadn't seen the new Senior Shape workout. Good grief - so many workouts, so little time!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 08:26 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Update re: our Covid vaccine. Our hospital administered Pfizer 2-dose vaccine.

I was really impressed with how efficiently they've handled the whole process. There were multiple people booked for the same time which we suspected it may be the case since my dh and I were booked for the same time slot. We checked in 15 min before our appt as requested, and were ushered straight through to all stations with no time wasted: from check-in to registration to injection station to the observation area. Like clockwork and all in 20 minutes which included 15 minutes of observation at the end, and we were done and out the door. Pretty awesome. Both my dh and I have no side effects from this 1st dose other than a sore upper arm for my dh and nothing at all for me. Our next appt is in 3 weeks on April 13. As I said before, it's not the end-all but it's a step in the right direction.
Old 03-22-21, 09:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna a Jessica and Jessica rotation should be a good one! Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Carol hope starting back to work this week didn't hurt too much after that break.

Dana you really couldn't ask for a smoother experience with that vax!

I have done Beach pilates Core workout #1. It was a nice legs and abs mat routine and very pleasant. Too crazy a day to get much more done.

Hope your Tuesday is wonderful everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Insomnia seems to be a thing around here! I was up at 3:00!

Yesterday DD and i took a walk in the afternoon w/ our Golden. It was really nice.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica - Walk Strong 1.0 - Total Body - this wasn't bad at all! I used 3's, 5's and 8's.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Flexibility Flow - this took awhile to settle on - I tried a practice w/ Adriene and got annoyed - it is so strange b/c I used to love her! Then, I tried another practice w/ Kassandra and got fidgety. So I finally chose this one. I may go back and start Kassandra's Morning Yoga Challenge and she is doing an evening yoga challenge, I may do both in April. Maybe the evening practices will help me sleep?

Dana - so glad the process was smooth. Here in MD they are opening up eligibility so that by the end of April, everyone will be eligible, but it seems that there is either a supply problem or a distribution problem. I checked in w/ our CVS Pharmacy and they said they have cancelled their clinic for now and it is only open for second doses. SO frustrating. Like Carol, I am confused at how it can be so easy in some places and so difficult in others. But, I am thankful that I don't have to go to the office and therefore I'm willing to be a little more patient with it.

Carol - i looked at some FW today, before finally settling on Jessica. I wonder if she will release some new DVDs from this series of workouts?

Waves, Linda, Brenda, Christine...still miss Cheri!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 06:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Define & Align - Total Body Strength - 30 minutes

3 circuits of 3 exercises each; each circuit is repeated before moving on to the next circuit. The first two circuits are standing - except for the last exercise in the second circuit which is a renegade row combined with an overhead press (luckily for me, Karen gives modifications); the last circuit is all floor work. Karen finishes with a stretch. Very efficient use of time and a "tough for me" workout, but not so tough that I don't want to do it again.

Donna - So sorry you are struggling with anxiety. I haven't suffered from anxiety, so I'm not going to even try to "fix it", which is my normal impulse. That being said, I do think some bedtime yoga practices sound like a good idea.

Linda - No, the return to work hasn't been too bad. I actually have more energy this week than I did last week.

Dana - So glad your vaccination process went so smoothly. Hope your arm isn't too sore today!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after work DD and I walked in the park. So, an upside to daylight savings time! My sleep is still off but...hopefully will get better and settle down soon.

Today, so far has been:

Jessica - Walk Strong 1.0 - Brain Fitness Fun - this was a cardio routine w/ different choreography challenges meant to challenge your brain. It was fun and since I haven't done these workouts in so long, they seem new to me.

Unshaken Yoga - 20 Min Morning Flow - this one fit the bill!

Carol - thanks - I am actually wondering if it isn't allergy stuff - as one VFer posted on my GD thread about DST induced anxiety. It does fit other patterns with me....I guess ride it out.....today it is nice and overcast, so I feel like Dana, LOL, being thankful for a grey day. I think the best way to describe how I feel is just generally amped up...but not in a good way - in the way I felt when I took antihistamines and couldn't sleep. I should probably cut back on caffeine...

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 08:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

D&A Cardio Strength. Second time doing this workout.
Leslie 4 Fast Miles, the first 2 Miles - 30 min

Carol, my arm was slightly sore yesterday but feels fine today. Hope my 2nd shot goes as smoothly as this one.

Donna, I have reverse SAD. I feel the best during cold, snowy and dark months and anxious and irritated during longer days and sunny days. I hope you feel better and find what works for you.

Gotta run. I have a hair appt. in 30 minutes.

Waves to Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 03-24-21, 08:56 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I'm glad you adjusted to back to work routine. I really enjoy all your define and align reviews. Glad to see you're getting your money's worth.

Donna the Brain fitness fun workout is one of my favorites on that set. It's not easy either, imho.

Dana I had my hair appt yesterday and didn't want to get sweaty so stopped after my pilates workout.

Did the second core workout from the Beach Pilates set. It began on the knees so I used my knee cushions. It ended with side planks. This workout was a little more difficult than the first one and led by Jen Tilley. It was perfect for a day that I didn't want to do anything else. Only one dvd left in the set to try.

Happy Wednesday to all!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-24-21, 07:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Worked out with my daughter today doing the Firm Bust and Butt. We added mobility before and after. I had us sub inverted rows for some of the pushup sequences and eliminated the upright rows. Other than that, we had a blast following along.

Waves to all!!

Tags
jessica smith get strong