Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-25-22, 04:46 AM  
bex

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. VF is definitely one of the places where I feel at home and part of a community. Still under lockdown in Shanghai, that means a lot.

LizEMA I am really looking forward to your 2+ pages of posts. Please, share!! It is helping keep my spirits up.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 09:47 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Liz!!! So glad to see you back! I missed reading your posts and am looking forward to all your thoughts on Iron and I just really enjoy reading your funny posts, you’re a good writer! Hope everything is good with you.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 11:48 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, Jane, for the congrats! I'm anxious to see how my great nephew will react to my great niece! / Ya, I don't even mind gliding exercises now (now that they actually work in my w/o area!!). Who knew they'd slide on my thin carpet outside of my puzzle mats?? Jessica uses the sliders with her hands in her new set..that's something new, creative and interesting! You ladies that ordered, we want a full report!! So, you were coerced into a Tracy 6 month extravaganza!!! Ha! Can't wait to read how you will like/hate it!! Good luck to your sister too! Full report as well!

Liz, Great to see your posts and that you haven't been having posting issues as well! TMI ALERT: (I need a lot of reading options tonight for preparation for a procedure tomorrow)!!!!! Your posts are ideal for that, yes?? Write away~~~hahaha (I'm saving your w/o log to read later!).

Waves~~~and hi to all~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 03:41 PM  
T2B

AMD - congrats on the new niece, she shares a birthday with my sister, too! I’m sure it was extra stressful, having that storm blow in around the same time! I hope your procedure was easy and everything turned out ok.

I decided to not order Jessica’s new workouts. The bundle not being available for days saved me from another impulse buy. I like Jessica but I rarely do her workouts. The only way I change my mind is if most say that the music is great. Jessica’s music tends to be kind of generic and too low for me anyway. For reference, I don’t like the music used in the clip that was included in her email.
Love the outdoor scenery!

Hi All!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 07:34 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I hope your procedure went well and it was just routine maintenance. I’m sorry you’re having posting issues. It sounds like they come and go without rhyme or reason.

TB2 It was probably a good call not to order the new Jessica’s. I really like Jessica, she seems super nice and her workouts are very popular but for some reason I just don’t connect to her workouts. It’s nice to see all that buzz on GD about a new workout series. It’s fun to read for sure, I even enjoyed the little bit of drama that the Amazon bundle shortage created

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 03:48 AM  
LizEMA

You all are like a warm blanket I want to wrap myself in.

I feel like I have missed so much!

I was only kidding about the 2 pages worth of posts. Well, not really. I think you all know by now that I can certainly fill up two pages, easily, with my ramblings , but I wouldn't do that to you all.

Before I continue, though, I feel like I must address the elephant in the room:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Liz, Great to see your posts and that you haven't been having posting issues as well! TMI ALERT: (I need a lot of reading options tonight for preparation for a procedure tomorrow)!!!!! Your posts are ideal for that, yes?? Write away~~~hahaha (I'm saving your w/o log to read later!).
I really have no idea how to respond to that, AnMrsDe, but I am choosing to take that in the spirit of which I THINK it was intended.
(I hope everything comes back clear for your procedure, though.)

And congrats on your new great niece! Such great news!

It also looks like, based on your log, that your arthritis has improved? I hope that is the case.

Bex, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! Belated wishes to you. I imagine you didn't get to spend your birthday how you would have liked, but what a treat to get out for an actual bike ride.
And, I'm so glad you have your yoga group to keep you company. (It's so great that you all have decided to keep doing yoga together even after restrictions are lifted.)
And, I was so happy to see that you did your first WO from IRON series! I hope it is something that can be worked in to your schedule. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it so I may be biased when I say that it is such a great series.

Jane!! I canNOT believe you offered to go to CL with me!! That is incredibly sweet of you. I have no immediate plans for CL, though, so don't worry about not being "fit enough". (I have come to terms with/resigned myself to the fact that I will never feel fit enough to be on Live. I don't think there is a single version of me that is "Camera ready". )
Have you ever been on a Cathe Road Trip? (Have any of the JTW crew been on one of her RTs?) I've been tempted, but I do better in small groups. I think I would just feel overwhelmed during one of them.
And speaking of that, I recognize Jenn (McLane) from all things Cathe. Is that how you stumbled upon her YT videos? They look TOUGH!! I could tell just from "flipping" through the Functional fitness kb one you did that it was VERY metabolic.
Were you a TA fan before deciding to do the rotation with your sister? Is this the first fitness related thing you've done with your sister or have you two done something similar before?
(I feel the same about Jessica as you -- I genuinely like her as a person, and I keep trying to like her WOs. However, I have yet to click with a single one of them. I am constantly watching the clock during her WOs, too.)

Elsie! SO glad to hear from you! (I feel like I missed a unicorn sighting not being here when you checked in! LOL)
I am NOT moving, but you and I have been traveling a similar path the past couple of months of packing up (A LOT of) things, so I can sympathize with the mental fatigue that comes with it all.
(Did you decide what you are going to do with your weights and equipment you were debating about?)
It must be so difficult to be READY to move without a place TO move. I hope something turns up for you sooner than later.
It was so nice hearing from you. Keep us updated.

T2B,
I am so glad that you found a new rotation to inspire and motivate you. I hope the heat/weather hasn't been too bad where you are, though I see that you are planning on some easier days ahead.

allgirlsinaz
I'm so excited for you that you started the IRON Series! Are these your first Caroline WOs?

Helen and ASAS, hope you both are doing well. Come back in to the fold!

PS. I just realized the other day that you all must not know what I am talking about half the time in my log with all the abbreviations and acronyms I use. I'm so used to short handing everything for myself, for everyone else, it must be like reading code or a cryptogram. I should start including a key so others can decipher it. LOL
Old 05-27-22, 10:53 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, thank you! That's so cool about my g. niece having the same b/day as your sister, too! My nephew's b/d was yesterday (and her due date), but little Blake decided to enter the world sooner. :0)

Thank you, everyone. All went well with my colonoscopy, but I am awaiting results of 1 polyp he found. That was surprising, since I usually have 3 or more! I am in the 5 (or possibly 3 year) camp for having to do this, since my mom had colon cancer (in remission) and they look at that. Due to COVID, etc., I didn't get in there any sooner to have this done. But, accck, on the Prep!!!!! I don't remember it tasting THAT bad, LOL! You think they could make it at least taste halfway swallowable!!! And when you have to get up at 2:00 AM for a 2nd round, well, let's just say, it was all I could do to keep it down! (where is the little green emoji when you need it?) The only good thing that came out of this is that the scale said I was down to where I was for DD's wedding 3 years ago!! Haven't seen that # in awhile! haha

Liz, oh my goodness! I sure hope my comments didn't ruffle your feathers!!! I just assume all of our JTW crew are aware of my lame attempts at humor by now!! I'm glad you took it well intended, since that is how I meant it. I apologize if you even thought otherwise!! Not being on any social media, I rely on VF for some of my reading enjoyment and your check-in logs are wonderful for someone up late in dyer straights and needing something to keep my mind off things, LOL! But, holy cow, how is your face from dropping the 25#'er on it???? I had to pick up my jaw after reading that!! I'm so sorry that happened to you!! Is your cheek back to normal yet? Probably only so much concealer can cover that up, eh?

LOL about your cryptograms! Usually I could make out what they are referring to, but I must admit, I had to look up who Violet Beauregard is and your reference then was hilarious!!! Thanks for the laugh (and the good read!).

And we'll give you time for you ladies to change your mind about attending a CL..... ;0)

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!
Old 05-29-22, 12:48 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thought I'd better post this quick before I get booted off the site again! The year is almost 1/2 over!!!

June thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232867
Old 05-30-22, 01:57 AM  
LizEMA

Quote:
The only good thing that came out of this is that the scale said I was down to where I was for DD's wedding 3 years ago!! Haven't seen that # in awhile! haha
Priorities.

Quote:
Liz, oh my goodness! I sure hope my comments didn't ruffle your feathers!!! I just assume all of our JTW crew are aware of my lame attempts at humor by now!! I'm glad you took it well intended, since that is how I meant it. I apologize if you even thought otherwise!!
Of COURSE not, AMD. I was just teasing you.
I've had a lot of choice words thrown my way throughout my life, but hearing my musings referred to as bathroom reading material was a new one for me. LOL
Glad I could be of service!

Quote:
But, holy cow, how is your face from dropping the 25#'er on it???? I had to pick up my jaw after reading that!! I'm so sorry that happened to you!! Is your cheek back to normal yet? Probably only so much concealer can cover that up, eh?

LOL about your cryptograms! Usually I could make out what they are referring to, but I must admit, I had to look up who Violet Beauregard is and your reference then was hilarious!!!
If you can believe it, I had ZERO discoloration on my face until Day 4, when just a HINT of yellow showed up in one small spot of my inner cheekbone.
It really sounds much more dramatic than the reality -- it was really more of a PLOP than anything else so barely even notable at all.

I used to send out my DH to the grocery store with a shopping list, half of which he couldn't read because of all of my abbreviations.
I'll try to do better.
Old 05-30-22, 11:40 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
If you can believe it, I had ZERO discoloration on my face until Day 4, when just a HINT of yellow showed up in one small spot of my inner cheekbone.
It really sounds much more dramatic than the reality -- it was really more of a PLOP than anything else so barely even notable at all.
Well, that's good news!!

Bex, glad to read the restrictions have let up a bit! Yay!

T2B, good job with the LHQG Challenge!!!

Jane, glad to read you are liking TA's stuff!

Hoping everyone can join us again in June!! Thinking of our MIA's!!!! Hope all is well!

Tags
just the workouts