Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-19-23, 05:07 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Sydney's Summertime Fine- Day 37- 40 Min. Strongest Glutes Workout. This workout kicked my a$$, in a good way! She ended the workout with a 4 minute AMRAP of step-ups and bulgarian split squats!

buffmama- I know a lot of people workout barefoot, but I'm worried that I'll drop a weight on my foot! Although I realize that wearing a shoe won't give you much protection if you drop a weight on it!

Angela- I don't do step that often, but when I throw in a step workout I can REALLY feel it in my legs!
Old 07-20-23, 08:29 AM  
buffmama

I fractured/broke my toe walking into a weight, so I understand the benefit of shoes!

Wendy - I always liked Sydney's glute work. I did Dozois' Bodyfit 360 Energize today (couldn't face cardio interval) and thought that was more fun than Body Rockin' Jam. I have more of the 360s to try.

Angela - I also think Infinity really stands out compared to Jasper's other programs. Looking forward to doing more. Tracie Long's Step Forward is one that gets my glutes sore for days! When doing it I never understand why.

Now I'm thinking of Tracie Long after/with Michelle Dozois since they're a similar style but Tracie has less frantic cardio.
Old 07-21-23, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a yard work day. I mowed the front and back yard and it was so hot and humid that I was drenched with sweat! Also, I walked a client's dogs in the evening so that was considered my workout for the day.

Today I did Sydney's Summertime Fine 2023- Day 35- 40 Minute Toned Arms workout. This is the sister workout to the other arm workout I did earlier in the week.

buffmama- Owww to breaking your toe walking into a weight! Yikes! And Tracie's cardio can sneak up on me. It looks like it isn't too crazy but then after doing the workout I realize it got my heart rate up without so much jumping around.

I do plan on trying Jasper's Infinity program at some point, but since I recently finished Hero 2 I wanted to work with other instructors for a bit.
Old 07-21-23, 07:09 PM  
gigi

My sister and I were gone all day yesterday for mom's one year Heavenly birthday so I did not workout. Today my furniture came, power went out, and I finished one grad class. Now, I am sitting on my comfy new couch and newly arranged area with a nice little rain storm going on outside and am having difficulty making that choice to workout. Tomorrow is my friend's mom's service in NC so Sunday may be my next workout. I'll post if I talk myself into it tonight.
Old 07-22-23, 05:33 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Turbo Kick- Fan Volume 3- Workout 2- Turbo Sport. Chalene's sister Janelle leads this workout and it is a sweat fest! Janelle did a great job as instructor- it's too bad she was always in her sister's shadow. The Turbo Sport is higher impact than most Turbo Kick workouts and there is a Legs section, a push up section, and an ab section at the end. Great workout! I just wish I had purchased more of these when I had the chance.

Angela- I can understand not working out on the anniversary of your mother's death. I hope you and your sister were able to remember your mother fondly and share cherished stories of her.
Old 07-23-23, 08:47 PM  
gigi

I finished one summer grad class. Of course, I procrastinated on my least favorite course and had about 5 straight hours of work this afternoon. I am going to try to finish that one this week so I can focus on school the next week before I go back.

Anyhoo, I did Infinity #7. Every time I do one of his workouts, I feel great for it. It's just enough. I followed that with Qi Gong for Deep Sleep. It is the most relaxing stretch.

I love my new furniture and my place is getting closer to what I want it to be. It is warm and inviting and cozy now.

I hope you all have a great week! Does anyone want me to start a new thread with 23/24 dates?
Old 07-24-23, 05:36 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I did more yardwork- trimming hedges. It was another hot sweatfest!

Today I did Chris & Edi's - 45 Min. Full body workout + Weights/AMRAP. An entire AMRAP workout and it was tough. Lots & lots of push-ups/push-up variations. The AMRAP finisher was cruel- 8 minutes of 8 reps of commando pushups + 8 reps of thrusters. My shoulders are toast.

Angela- Congrats on finishing one of your summer grad classes. That's nice that your place is coming together how you want it to! I guess it wouldn't hurt to start a new thread since this one is getting quite long!

Hi buffmama!
Old 07-24-23, 09:25 PM  
gigi

Hey you guys! I started a new thread with the same title for 2023!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts