Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-23, 05:40 PM  
Leonana

Pam, sounds like a good plan. I think I’ll do Improved Health’s short strength workouts and do Jessica once a week.
Old 01-04-23, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I succumbed to an impulse and signed for a year of Body Groove at $4/month and now I'm freaking out a little bit b/c I'm not sure how I intend to use it and I really hate wasting money - and wasting money on streaming really bugs me b/c at least w/ downloads or physical media you can always use it later...anyway, must figure out how to incorporate this, first world problems, I know...

So...yesterday I added on a 20 min Body Groove for some extra steps since it was rainy outside and i had to cut my dog walk short. I also did Trifecta Pilates, Align # 2 - which was a gentle stretchy Pilates.

Today, so far, I did BG's January 4th workout which was a 30 min routine. These are fun and I did get my HR up and a decent cardio workout w/ out doing the same old, same old. I also added on Trifecta Pilates, Align Day # 3 which was lower body stretching.

I will probably attempt a walk later and also get a Pilates routine in.

Work was ok yesterday - I got a slow start, but getting back into the swing of things.

Sherry that sounds like a good plan....I may look into Improved Health as well.

Pam - it sounds like you are enjoying your workouts.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 07:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did the second workout (body sculpting) from Kelly's Start Here DVD today. It was pretty good and I'm feeling it in my body. I'm probably going to unwind tonight with a bit of Lee's Qi Gong before bed.

We went out for lunch today since it was almost 50 degrees outside. Still very drizzly, but not cold. DH & I like to go to our favorite taco shop and get Mexico City style street tacos. So good! We haven't tried anything else from there, LOL!

Enjoy your evening all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-23, 12:50 AM  
Leonana

I feel much better today. I think I needed a rest day with some stretching and massage with my massage bar. Today I did Jessica’s CARDIO: HIIT for Beginners. I had to laugh at one of Jessica’s comments in the HIIT video. She said some of you like no talking, but that’s not me, I will be talking a lot! Then Improved Health’s Strength Exercises Day 24 (Upper Body). I like Improved Health’s back to the basics strength moves. Simple and easy to follow, but I can up my weights.

I did Google aching and soreness from workouts. The advice was to keep at it and build up your endurance. I think I over did it and I needed a rest day.

Pam, your lunch sounds delicious.

Donna, I’ll have to get into the swing of things on Monday!
Old 01-05-23, 11:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..yesterday I got a fairly long dog walk in - my DD came with me and that makes it easier to go for a longer walk! It is like March here instead of January and I'm not complaining. After work I did Jessica Valent's Full Body Resistance Band workout - I really like this one - it makes good use of tubing w/out being awkward or overly creative!

Today, so far:

Lively Ladies - Cardio Toning Exercises - From 1/4/23
Lively Ladies - Daily Stretch and Cool Down

I will likely walk outdoors again today! And then something else this evening - stretchy, I'm thinkiing.

I'm less freaked out about spending money on Body Groove. I think it will be good for extra activity, warm-ups to other activity and stand alone cardio when I'm in the mood for it. I like that I could do one or two songs at a time and then go back to finish later.

Sherry - glad you are feeling better. I think we do underestimate the importance of rest days!

Nice work, Pam - glad you got to enjoy lunch out!

Donna
Old 01-05-23, 05:56 PM  
Leonana

Today was two Improved Health workouts, 20 Minute Low Impact Cardio Workout and Strength Training Day 23 (Lower Body). I'm feeling pretty good so far doing Improved Health workouts. The 25 Days of Strength she did alternates upper and lower body. I've been adding in a cardio, but I could combine upper and lower. I think next week when I'm back at work, I'll try one each day, alternating with a short stretch.

Donna, your walk sounded really nice. I think it's normal to have some stress over paying for streaming, even if it's cheap. I know I do! I need to check out Lively Ladies again.
Old 01-05-23, 06:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

It was rainy and wet again today, so the regular hike got cancelled! That's 2 for 2.

Instead I did a treadmill walk with Tommy in Mallorca, along with yoga with Tara Lee. Also, added some Qi Gong with Lee.

Sherry, what is a massage bar? Glad you're feeling better.

Donna, I've heard of Body Groove but have never tried it. You must like it.

Have a good rest of your evening!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-05-23, 07:39 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I guess I haven't posted in a while! I was just busy over New Year's with family. We also went to the NY Giants game on Sunday and that was a lot of fun. It was so warm that day--in the 60s! I had Monday off and I've been catching up on work this week after being off last week. My insurance approved a few more visits so I went this week and will go next week and then I think that will be it.

Other than my PT exercises, I haven't been doing much exercise, so today I got back into it by doing one of Jessica's strength youtube videos from her 2022 workout schedule.

Donna, I have the same feelings about streaming subscriptions, but $4/month is very low so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I can't believe how warm the weather has been but it seems it won't be around much longer so have to enjoy it while we can.

Sherry, Improved Health workouts sound really good. Is that on youtube?

Pam, Sorry to hear your hike was cancelled, but I bet it would have been too muddy. It's been wet and muddy here. We had a torrential downpour the other day when I was at PT and my car was parked in an area where the water started pooling. I had to jump through shin height water to get to it. My sneakers were ruined and I had to throw them out. Good thing they were old anyway and it's also good that I got out of there before the water got any higher. Crazy!
Old 01-06-23, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added a short dog walk in - we waited for my DD to be done with something and by the time she was ready to go - it was raining, but my dog really wanted to go so we did - but kept it short. I also added on some Body Groove after work.

Today, so far:

Body Groove - Jan 6th workout
Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Women over 60 - just the floor work, I will try to squeeze the standing work in later today,

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!!

wishiwasinhawaii -sounds like you have had some fun activities going on - and it is good your insurance approved more PT!

Pam - sorry about your canceled hikes. BG is basically free style dancing - it is fun and different and i think I will use it to add some extra cardio in as I get bored w/ walking workouts, low impact, step, etc. You do have to be ok knowing you probably look ridiculous doing it, though.

Waves, Sherry!

Donna
Old 01-06-23, 02:17 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a couple TM hikes with Tommy today (no surprise.) Wrapped up his walks/hikes series in Mallorca/Menorca which I began last year. One of the walks today was at a horse farm which was very interesting. He talked about the horses having to be all black for show/competitions and I was able to see the horses do some tricks in the arena, while one horse (in his stall) showed his teeth when the trainer did a waving motion with his hand held up high, like the horse was laughing. He also said the foals (when born in the same month) are all named with the name beginning with the same letter of the alphabet. He showed us the bridles and they are marked with one of three different symbols and this farm had all hearts on theirs. The other hike I did was up to a watchtower and the scenery was gorgeous overlooking the surrounding area of water and hills.

Also, added Days 6 & 7 of Qi Gong with Lee.

Have a good day ladies!

Current Rotation: