Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-21-22, 11:30 PM  
cyana

After doing a lot of fitness falling down and getting up the past 2 years due to insane work hours, I need a jump start, so my goal is to do some sort of yoga, meditation, qi gong or related activity daily.

Day 1 - YT - 10 Minute Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation/Sound Healing for Relaxation & Stress Relief - Jessica Richburg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unCya_-8ECs

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 01:34 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Vannie - I’m so sorry, sending you (((hugs))).

Day 1:
~Bellyfit Flow: Ice Queen - This was a lovely combo of BF dance cardio, a little vinyasa yoga, & a nice hip focused stretch at the end I want to work through this BF flow series, there are 12, sprinkling them throughout my Sadhana.
~Yoga with Joelle: Low Back pain relief
~Guided meditation with Kim Eng: Anchor in Stillness

My focus for this Sadhana is to do more active yoga and to include some guided meditations. I’ve been doing a lot of yin yoga, which I love, but I want to add some variety.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 08:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I did a solstice meditation from Insight Timer last night. It was night but I started dozing off - that almost always happens to me with meditation! I should probably do in the morning rather than the evening and keep my eyes open instead, but baby steps.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 08:37 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I started yesterday, but I am terrible at check ins at this time of year. I will try to start checking in after 12/27, which is the anniversary of my husband's passing. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day we got engaged. I will read everyone's words and will hopefully join checking in on 12/28.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 08:49 AM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, you've been on my mind all month. Sending you the warmest of hugs and prayers for peace.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I did all of Lee Holden's Qigong for Back Pain and my PT. I had every intention of delving into Kassandra's new Winter Solstice Yin Yoga but the PT had priority.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 09:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sherry - sending hugs. I can't even imagine how hard this time of year is for you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 09:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Vannie - I’m so sorry, sending you (((hugs))).

Day 1:
~Bellyfit Flow: Ice Queen - This was a lovely combo of BF dance cardio, a little vinyasa yoga, & a nice hip focused stretch at the end I want to work through this BF flow series, there are 12, sprinkling them throughout my Sadhana.
~Yoga with Joelle: Low Back pain relief
~Guided meditation with Kim Eng: Anchor in Stillness

My focus for this Sadhana is to do more active yoga and to include some guided meditations. I’ve been doing a lot of yin yoga, which I love, but I want to add some variety.

Thank you, Pam. I appreciate it.

I love the name of that workout: Ice Queen! If I had it I would end up calling it my Elsa workout. I don't know anything about Bellyfit though.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-22-22, 10:00 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I did all of Lee Holden's Qigong for Back Pain and my PT. I had every intention of delving into Kassandra's new Winter Solstice Yin Yoga but the PT had priority.
I was going to do Kassandra yesterday too but it never happened. Planning for it today!

Old 12-22-22, 11:42 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I'm not committing to daily asana, but will report on my asana practices here since y'all are yogis and may be interested.
Even a few days a week is great. Looking forward to hearing about your practices, regardless of the regularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
All you folks in the deep freeze stay warm!
I live in an area that is called 'The Icebox of PA' and it certainly lives up to the moniker! I'm so ready for summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I did a solstice meditation from Insight Timer last night. It was night but I started dozing off - that almost always happens to me with meditation! I should probably do in the morning rather than the evening and keep my eyes open instead, but baby steps.
I do my meditation right after my yoga practice in the morning but sometimes my mind will just not.shut.up because I have so many things to do that day. I'll be interested to hear how your experience goes if you do it in the AM.

Sherry,You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Today I finished up the Desk Therapy series with the last two classes - 'Revive' and 'Restore' and followed that up with a meditation to attract more positive people in my life. I'm really tired of being surrounded by negative people.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana, vf sadhana