Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-19-22, 09:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday's workout:

Jackie B's Essentrics
Anne/Ots' Body Pump
Garrie A's barre & stretch

Phew! What a great workout I got from the above mentioned VFers at the VF holiday chat. They worked me good. It was so fun to work out with them and to see a few other VFers and get to talk with them.
I would definitely do it again if another opportunity arises.

CAMBET, I hope you are continuing to get better.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 09:40 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CH: Giddy Up throughout the day to help with my hourly step goals. I took it very easy, modifying out the impact. I made it to over 4,200 for the day. I spent most of the day grading. I'm not done, so I'll be doing the same today. It's coming along, but I can't wait to be done with all of it!

SB - Oh, wow, I'm so glad that you got to participate in the VF Zoom holiday chat! I think that I saw it on GD, but I wasn't paying enough attention. How cool that y'all got to work out together! Just curious, about how many people participated? Great job with your outdoor walk the other day, also. Hope you have a great day!
Old 12-20-22, 06:06 PM  
cambet

Good Evening,

Yesterday I did CH: Down & Dirty throughout the day to help with my hourly step goals. I took it pretty easy and made it to over 5,600 steps for the day.

I turned in my last grade at 6:30 this morning. They were due yesterday evening, but I got an extension since I've been sick (they don't run the grade program until the next morning; the registrar told me that as long as I had them in by 7:30 am, it would be fine). I am SO GLAD to be done!

Hi, SB!
Old 12-21-22, 11:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

Senior Shape - Osteoporosis Friendly Strength Training workout
60 kettlebell swings

I enjoyed this youtube workout and finished it up with kettlebell swings. I just haven't been able to push myself to walk outdoors in this cold weather and it's not even that cold yet.

CAMBET, yay on getting the grading done.
My DD has been dragging her feet a little but it's due the end of the week I think.
Not my problem. LOL. Good job on getting your steps in.

There was a small group on VF. Anne/Ots and Jeannine/bzar hosting. Garrie, Anne & Jackie teaching. Then maybe 4 others in the group. Several more tried to get on but couldn't for some reason. It was a lot of fun though!

Take care. Have a great day!
Old 12-22-22, 10:40 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Tuesday I did CH: Bring the Heat throughout the day to help with my hourly step goals. I took it pretty easy. Made it to over 4,300 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did as little as possible. The temp here was in the 40s and my heat struggled to keep up (and therefore I didn't want to turn it up), so it was cold in the house. I stayed under a down comforter on the couch near a space heater most of the day, so I ended up resting a lot, which I think is fine, since I'm exhausted. I did get up throughout the day to do parts of CH: Trail Ride, to help with my hourly step goals. I made it to over 4,800 steps for the day.

So far my heat seems to be working fine today, so I don't have an excuse to lay on the couch all day under a blanket. I think I'm going to go out and run a few errands; I need to pick up a few things at the store. I'll probably do a CH at some point during the day.

SB - Great job with your Senior Shape workout and kb swings. I understand about not feeling motivated to get out in this cold weather. What are the temps there? We're in the 40s today and tomorrow, but Sat the highs will be in the 30s. It sounds like it was a lot of fun working out with the other VFers. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if it's something offered again next year (although I imagine that maybe I'd feel a bit self conscious since I tend to be shy in those types of situations). Have a great day!
Old 12-23-22, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I kind of fell off the exercise wagon the past couple of days. Wednesday I had the cardiologist appt that took up most of the afternoon.

Then yesterday was a lunch out with friends for the holiday which was fun but a lot of cookie eating and some wine was involved but tis the season after all. We had rain yesterday and today and then a deep freeze is coming in tonight with single digit temps.
Up to now we were in the 30s during the day so not too bad but with windchills in the 20s I just wasn't up to outdoor walking.
And now with the arctic blast forget it until next week. But maybe the 30s won't feel so bad next week after the deep freeze this weekend. LOL.

CAMBET, good to see you getting some steps in. And I'm all for a day of rest under a comforter. I have to run out this morning for a couple of last minute food items that I couldn't buy in advance for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day dinner. Ugh. Dreading it.

I too am shy in group setting and I've never done any kind of zoom meeting at all ever but the VF get together was very comfortable and fun.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-24-22, 09:36 AM  
cambet

Good Morning and Happy Christmas Eve!

Thursday I got out and ran some errands. I also did half of CHE: Rope & Ride. Made it to over 5,600 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did some cleaning around the house (which was a change because I've done very little over the last few days ) and during the day I did the other half of Rope & Ride and some of CHE: Wild Horse. I made it to over 5,200 steps for the day.

Yesterday my hamstrings were very tight, and you know, I've determined that my couch is mostly to blame. I've been lying around on it so much that it's sunken in one part. I think that the lack of structural integrity has not been good for my lower back, which in turn has caused soreness in my legs (I did some stretches last night, which appear to have helped). This isn't the first time that it occurred to my that my couch is bad for my back. Yesterday I stayed off of the couch and primarily sat in the chair with an ottoman and my back feels better. I should probably look into getting a new couch, which makes me sad since, appearance-wise, it's still in good shape. It's just, apparently, not very comfortable for lying around on for days on end.

I, unfortunately, have to get out and run a few errands this morning. Hopefully dealing with the cold weather and crowds won't be too bad.

SB - You are doing a great job of keeping up with testing and preventative medicine. I'm impressed. I need to do better. I've decided that I'm going to try to do better with this (getting my check-ups) in the new year. I'm glad that you had an enjoyable time during your lunch with friends. I think that it's totally understandable that you don't want to walk in this freezing weather. Windchills in the 20s and an upcoming arctic blast?? No thanks, LOL. I'm sure that you'll get back to your outdoor walks when you can. I hope you have a good day/Christmas Eve.
Old 12-24-22, 11:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET. It's good to see you getting back to normal running errands and doing things around the house. Good luck out there this morning. I had to go out yesterday and it was a madhouse everywhere. DD and I finally got the tree up yesterday and I wrapped the gifts.
I just buy for my kids now and DS' gf.
Today is getting the table set up and cooking for Christmas Eve dinner. Just DD, DS and his gf and myself. That's all I need.
But it's still a lot of work but so much fun.

A non-supportive couch or mattress can be bad news for a back and/or hamstrings.
I'm not even sure what kind of couch is supportive. None of them ever seem right for that.

When I was your age I wasn't very good about keeping up with check-ups and tests either. I was so busy working, taking care of my mom and family and I had terrible insurance. But I'm older now and after DH's sudden death my kids keep at me to get things checked out.

We had single digits last night and -14 windchills. I'm sure when things moderate a little I'll get back at it. Will you be heading to Atlanta this Christmas?

Have a wonderful day and a very Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-22, 09:07 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I finished CHE: Wild Horse. Made it to over 5,800 steps for the day.

I'm heading down to Atlanta in about an hour.

SB- Merry Christmas!! Your Christmas Eve with the family sounds lovely. Hope you're able to stay in from the cold. Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-27-22, 11:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

36 minute outdoor walk
squats, push-ups and plank

I sure needed that fresh air and movement yesterday after all the holiday stress and festivities. We had a lovely time but glad it's over. LOL.

Hi CAMBET. Hope you're enjoying your time in Atlanta and feeling well.

Have a great day!