Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-22, 11:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Winter 2022/2023

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy winter!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 11:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Here's my last post from the old thread:

Good morning!

I seem to slowly but surely be improving.
Still very stuffy, phlegmy and tired though.
It's going to take a little while I'm sure.
DD has tested positive now too. She's still been teaching most of her classes though.
She switched the in person ones to online.

CAMBET, I think during this hectic time of year it's ok to not push the extra steps at night. Rest is probably more important at this point. And yes trying to be mindful of our eating is always top priority. Difficult as it may be

Oh I forgot all about changing the thread to winter. I'll do it now.

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes we're just resting and doing over the counter meds.
It was such a hassle trying to contact the dr's office and set up an appt it wasn't worth the effort.

I'll start the new thread now.

Stay well. Have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-03-22, 10:33 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

The last couple of days have been a blur of activity and late night grading in an attempt to give my students back as much as of their graded work as possible by yesterday (Friday). I know that not getting enough sleep is counter-productive, but sometimes I still have to do it.

Thursday I made it to over 7,800 steps with no workout and Friday to over 6,400 steps with no workout. I got home last evening and crashed on the couch. Didn't get up to go get in bed until after midnight.

Next week is the last week of classes and then we have a week of finals. Looking forward to closing this semester out...

SB - Thanks for starting the new thread. I'm glad to hear that you are improving, even if slowly. Sorry to hear that your DD has also tested positive. I hope that you both have a speedy recovery. Hang in there; hoping you'll soon be on the other side of feeling bad. You are right about rest being more important, though I notice that I am overeating these days and don't seem to be able to stop myself (I am still logging all of my food, so I see the extra calories). I'm sure it's mostly stress eating and hopefully, I'll be able to reign it in better after the semester ends. Hope you have a good day!
Old 12-03-22, 12:04 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Still plugging along. I feel pretty much normal, just still stuffy and I get tired on exertion. I ran some drive through errands yesterday and did laundry and by the time I showered I was pooped. So maybe I overdid it a bit. I'll rest a little more today but I do feel better than yesterday.
Not up for any exercise yet.

CAMBET, well you'll get through these next few weeks the best you can. It's hard to stay on track with so much going on.
At least by tracking you're keeping aware of the situation. I still write down all my eating since way back when I lost a bunch of weight 9+ years ago, even when I can see I'm overeating. Hang in there.

Have a wonderful day!

Old 12-04-22, 11:53 AM  
cambet

Good morning,

Yesterday I spent several hours during the day with one of the Italy crew. Before going out, I did a bit of CHE: Rope & Ride. I only made it to over 6,600 steps for the day.

I don't feel good. Not necessarily sick - though it does feel like I am battling a cold, but moreso just kind of exhausted. I'm taking elderberry and airborne and cold medicine and resting a lot. I guess I'll test for covid a little later.

SB - Glad to hear that you are felling better! Yeah, I guess you'll have to be careful not to overdo it. My friends who have had covid lately tell me that the fatigue can linger. I did my weigh-in this morning and found that I had gained 3 lbs since the last time I weighed myself 2 weeks ago (I didnt weigh over Thanksgiving break). I guess it could be worse. It's funny to keep logging even though you know you are WAY over your calorie allotment for the day. It's great that you still write down everything you eat after so many years. I hope that you keep feeling better and have a great day.
Old 12-05-22, 10:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

30 minute outdoor walk

I was craving some fresh air and movement so the walk fit the bill. Aside from some lingering stuffiness, I feel pretty much back to normal. I'll still go forward cautiously.

CAMBET, oh I hope you feel better soon.
It sounds like you're doing all you can to nourish yourself. I had gained 2 or 3 lbs after the wedding and holiday but covid took care of that. I didn't have much of an appetite the past week. I'm not sure why I keep tracking my eating after all these years. I have gained some of the weight back, even though I'm still in a normal weight range. I guess it's just a habit that had served me so well I don't want to give it up even though I don't really do much with the information. When I do gain a few lbs I go back and look to see where I went off track. Sometimes it helps to focus me but not always. LOL.

Oh I was wondering how things are going in your house after the flooding? I know it's a lot to deal with. I hope all is well.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-06-22, 10:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

30 minute outdoor walk

I wasn't sure if I would feel up for a walk again yesterday but I did and enjoyed it. It's kind of rainy today so hopefully I find something indoors to do.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day!

Old 12-07-22, 09:18 AM  
cambet

Hi SB,

I'm very sick. I believe that I have a bad case of the flu, since I have not tested positive for covid and I was telling my Italy-crew friend about my symptoms and her daughter, who I interacted with over at her house on Saturday, has the exact same symptoms and tested positive for the flu yesterday. We don't know if I gave it to her or if she gave it to me. It's quite odd, there were 3 other people there (two of her daughters friends) who we interacted with and none of them are sick. Sunday I was COMPLETELY wiped out, as in could not stay upright.

I thought that maybe I could teach on Monday (after getting serious about taking my meds Sunday evening), but it just wasn't happening. I canceled one class and taught the other on Zoom. When the meds wear off I consistently have a fever of between 101-103 , I'm achy, have the chills, am dizzy/fuzzy, low energy, and regardless of the meds, have a persistence cough. I keep thinking that I'll be better and can teach the next day (like I had planned to go in today), but it's just not happening. I'm trying to see if I can get a tele-appt with the school nurse because I really don't want to have to go to campus and I'm doing all the things that you're supposed to do when you have the flu, but I wonder is she has additional advice.

I haven't worked out. Actually, on Monday I did a little CH but it was too much. I'm so used to being on the go and doing multiple things at once, so the fact that I am essentially, grounded is very humbling. It's the last week of classes, and also, I was booked solid this week as chair, as we have 3 job candidates coming to campus and they were supposed to meet with me in person. I think we're going to have to reschedule on Zoom.

SB - Glad to hear that you are doing better, and well enough to get in 2, 30 min walks. Yay! I'm sorry to be such a downer. I hope that you continue to feel better, and have a great day!
Old 12-07-22, 11:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

I'm so sorry to hear how sick you have been this week. That sounds so miserable.
It does sound like a bad flu. It may be too late already but when my DD had the flu several years ago the dr put her on tamiflu right away, I think that's what the antiviral is called, and it did lessen her symptoms immensely. Maybe you could ask the school nurse when you speak to her.

Well unfortunately there's not much you can do as far as keeping up with your work if you're feeling so sick and wiped out.
Ugh. They do say there is a lot of covid/flu/respiratory viruses going around right now.

Please take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 12-08-22, 12:13 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

22 minute outdoor walk

I walked to the CVS up the street and back yesterday. There's a big hill to get there so I counted it as my workout. LOL. That was the only way I could motivate myself to walk in the gray, wet, misty weather.
I am planning a walk for today hopefully.

CAMBET, I hope you're feeling a little better.
Take care!