Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-30-23, 11:03 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I wasn't able to post much this week because it was extremely hectic. Every single day was a hurricane of events! Lots of visits to the hospital for my sister, who remains stable but they aren't sure whether to continue with chemo or what to do about all her swelling. It's just such a mess. Her son who is her primary caretaker, got very sick so he couldn't be with her for a few days but is better now.

Thursday-Epic 3 Day 7, legs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_hx...XjuFXy&index=8) and I was so distracted but I did get through the whole thing.

Friday-Epic 3 Day 8, chest/shoulder/triceps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P176...XjuFXy&index=9). I was short on time but was able to get most of it in, maybe 75% and it was very good.

Saturday-Epic 3 day 9, total body unilateral (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw5x...juFXy&index=10) and I did the whole thing, plus a long warm up and long stretch since it was the weekend, but this one really wore me out, I had to dig deep to push myself through. I'm just feeling so run down and exhausted.

Sunday-Epic 3 Day 10, tabata HIIT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGW...juFXy&index=11) and I had more energy for this one, I still had to dig deep but it did go by really fast. That's one great thing about the HIIT workouts.

Today and tomorrow planned rest days thank goodness! Despite all my personal turmoil going on right now, I am actually really enjoying the Epic 3 program. The workouts are fast moving and more metabolic than Iron, which I'm glad I did but wasn't my favorite. I'm definitely using heavier weights this time around vs. when I was doing Epic Heat (which has a pretty similar feel to Epic 3) and even then I felt like I was using heavy weights too! And I'm so engrossed in this program that I'm no longer feeling impatient for Caroline to come back, even if she doesn't come back for some reason I still have so much content to enjoy...Epic Endgame and Fuel are on my list next and can certainly see myself repeating Epic Heat and Epic 3 at some point. Her Epic 1 and 2 are longer workouts and not really on my radar.

Eventmom and Buzzer Yes I agree about the three Squeeze DVDs, original, stronger, and the lower body-I have the first two but the lower body is supposed to be pretty much the same stuff so I skipped it. I really like both the original and stronger though, they both have great upper body (lower body too) and lots of content, premixes, etc.

Thank you both for your concern about my DH, he is doing better but has neuropathy in his hands and feet, but at the same time he is refusing to take any injectable medication (it was trulicity and how insulin) and I told him he needs to, I can nag him but I can't force him to do it So I don't know what to make of it all.

Buzzer The Dove DVDs are something I always thought I would like but never got them, so definitely let me know how they are!! I had read at some point that they were like the original Firm classics which would be amazing. I also love Great Weighted Workout so if they are like either of those, I am sure they are great! And what a steal for all 4 at $19. I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

I'm so glad you like the zquill pills and they are working so great for you!!!!
Old 01-30-23, 12:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA goop day 10 + TA dc for 20 min
today - essentrics flexibility for athletes - still the best stretch but man I've used it so many times.

ebianco - it all sounds very hectic, very stressful. With her son getting sick I'm sure that made everything even more difficult. Also sorry that your dh is resisting some of his meds but yeah you can only do/say so much.

hi buzzer!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 10:32 AM  
Buzzer

Pure Barre, one of the ones with Carrie... I don't remember which one?... DONE!
Ran with trainer in Portugal.. DONE!

Yesterday I wasn't feeling my best. DH and I had a tiff in the morning, so I was feeling pretty yuck. I did the workout, but without doing my best. It wasn't a great workout, but it was OK. I had written on the notes I took sometime in the past that it was good for abs and glutes, however I gave it my blah effort so it was just OK. I might re-do it tomorrow and see if I can give it some flair and make it better.

Today I did a run with my trainer on the treadmill. 2 sets of 8 minute runs... our longest so far has been 2 minutes, so why he thinks we are suddenly ready for 8 minutes is beyond me!! But I did it. 2 sets at 4.8mph, and walks between at 3mph. then one run at 5 minutes at 4.8mph. It was good. He has incline up to like 12%, however I kept my incline down at about 2% and under. I can't suddenly run that long and do huge inclines! Maybe later. Not today.

All together I did a 2.17mile walk/run, and .54 walk in my cool down, for a total of 2.71 miles!! Well on the way to my first 3.2 mile goal!! Not that I want to do a 5k, however it's my first goal to hit, since I used to run 5k's all the time. I did them MUCH quicker than I do this 2.17 miles now!! HA!

We had an indoor day yesterday since it didn't really get much above zero degrees. I never changed out of my jammies. LB still has a runny nose and plugged ears, so it was a good day to take off. We got a LOT of school done, and just relaxed. I cleaned the house pretty nicely for movie night on Saturday, and I've been trying to keep it clean, so yesterday I didn't feel like I had to get up and clean a lot. I just tried to pick up after ourselves.

Today we have a packed day.... violin lessons, a homeschool game day (where they play educational board games), then karate. So hopefully she is feeling better when she wakes up!

Eventmom: I always wonder the same thing when I see mass shootings. So many people's experience with firearms is in video games and movies, and that's scary to me. I like her to know what they really are and really are capable of. I always think to when I turned 21. I was going to bars already and drinking, so when I turned 21 I didn't go crazy drinking and going out. As a matter of fact, my roommate at the time said she would take me out for my 21st birthday, however we were in summer school so we had finals. We still haven't gone out for my 21st birthday! Which is OK, she was kinda crazy. Like, seriously crazy. Anyhow, I watched other people on their 21st drink themselves sick and do stupid things, and thought "well that's just dumb". That's when I realized that if you do it in moderation before, you won't go crazy when it's "legal" or you are exposed to it. I actually lost interest in bars when I turned 21, I think it was because it was fun when I did it when it wasn't permitted (to put it gently) so when it was permitted, it wasn't fun anymore.

Anyhow, I have looked at the "squeeze" workouts, and as much as I love her and SS, I am passing for now. I have way too many workouts! Especially these barre workouts. I pulled them all out and put them on the floor in front of the mirror.. that's where I put my current rotation... and to say I have plenty is an understatement. So I looked at the squeezes, however I have told myself I don't need them for now. Notice how I added in the "for now". HA! I have too many already. I am worried that DVD's are going to go by the wayside, and I will have to convert them all to thumb drives. As long as they make DVD players, I am good.

Ebianco: I am glad to hear your sister is doing well! I hope they find a solution for the side effects she is experiencing. That's got to be so hard for her and for you guys. To know how uncomfortable she must be feeling. We will continue to pray for her! I am glad her son is able to be with her again. Such a hard situation.

Oh man, neuropathy for your DH! That's gotta be uncomfortable too. That would inspire me to take my meds though. You can't force him, but sometimes I wish we could! I know injectables would be hard for me to take on myself, so I can appreciate that. Is there a pill solution for people who can't do injections on themselves? Such a difficult situation, as I can see both sides. I had a hard time pricking my own finger for gestational diabetes! I eventually got used to it, but man, my stress level would go up every time before I did it initially. So I get that. I'm sorry he's having a tough time right now. So much going on for you! You are taking on the burdens of your loved ones, and that's so hard. Take care of yourself!
I love that you are working out so hard. I just don't think I could meet your intensity right now! HA! You are a machine. I tell ya! Good job!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 12:24 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Back to TA continuity - level 2.8 day 1 + 20 min keoni walk

buzzer - I hear you on all the workouts! I trade and buy at thrift stores but otherwise I'm pretty good at resisting although it's easier now because dvds are dying. But I've got I have no idea how many and I've combined dvds into cases - so all three of my squeeze dvds are in one case. So at least it looks like less LOL.

hi ebianco! hope your sister is improving.
Old 02-01-23, 11:26 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Buzzer and Eventmom I wanted to let you know my sister passed away early this morning. It was very, very hard the last few days, although thankfully they were able to keep her as comfortable as possible with a lot of pain medicine at the end. Thank you both for your support these past few weeks during this difficult time. Hugs to you both.
Old 02-01-23, 11:43 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

oh no! Ebianco my heart breaks for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. hugs to you and your entire family.
Old 02-01-23, 11:08 PM  
Buzzer

Oh Ebianco, my heart is broken for you. I am so sorry. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. We are sending you love my friend.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-02-23, 11:57 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA level level 2.8 day 2 + 15 ta beg cardio
today - TA level 2.8 day 3 + 20 min karen voight cardio

I'd looked up KV recently and found her streaming workouts and now I see other VFs found it and someone posted a review.

still cold but hopefully will get above freezing soon.

hi buzzer!

ebianco - I hope you are finding support from your family, so sorry this happened.
Old 02-04-23, 11:57 AM  
Buzzer

Ran with Trainer in Portugal.. DONE!
Pop Physique Hardcore.. DONE!

The trainer guy kept us down to 2 minutes running with 1 minute rest. However, the incline was insane on a few parts! Up to 15% incline! The 15% was at the warmup and cool down walks, but it was HARD. On the final, maybe minute of the cool down, the internet went out. So I kept it at 15% incline (where he was when it went out) for about a minute, then thought "this is stupid" and went to 0 incline. The internet was out for about 10 minutes, so I ended up with like 2.5 miles with the trainer! It was good. Those inclines are awful though!

Pop Physique was today, and it was good. I don't know what to call this, but the abs are so hard that even though I am trying to do them, they are impossible to feel working! I am struggling and pulling them in and everything, but I don't feel my abs working. I put a ball behind my back, but I found myself almost laying on the ball. I just don't have the deep ab strength. I did what I could, but seriously the abs are so hard I just can't do them. My neck hurts from it too! They are good though. If I could do them.

I felt like it was a good workout though, and I did some abs afterwards so I feel more like I got a good ab workout. I really like this workout.

Tomorrow my trainer apparently thinks I am ready to run for 12 minutes, have a 1 or 2 minute rest (I don't remember how much) then run for 12 minutes again. He says "you can do this" but I seriously am not sure I am ready for it! I mean, we have been doing 2 minute runs at the most, now suddenly he is getting us into these longer runs. I'll do it, but I probably won't be happy about it!

Eventmom: It was warm enough yesterday that we opened up windows and doors!! I mean, the air when it moved was cold, but the sun was so warm. So much of our snow melted! We still have a LOT, like anywhere from 4-6" still, but it's all crusty and old. However it's melting and we are getting puddles around the house. Eugene refuses to walk through the puddles, so I have to go out and shovel WATER so he will leave the front door. His dainty feet (keep in mind he is 130 pounds) don't want to get wet. So funny! So I shoveled water yesterday.

Ebianco: You are in my thoughts a lot. I just can't even imagine. I know you'll be taking some time off, and we will be here when you are ready. Life is so tricky, and it amazes me how much we take for granted while we are here. It can just be taken away so fast. It just breaks my heart. Take care of yourself! Can you PM me your address?
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-04-23, 01:35 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

It's been a hectic few days with trying to organize funeral arrangements, help my sister's son get the death certificate so he can do financial things, etc. In a morbid way I've been thinking this is good practice for when my parents pass away. There's so much more administrative stuff to someone passing than I would have anticipated. I took the week off and can't believe how it all blew by already. The funeral will be next weekend, so I may try to return to work next week. I'm going to see how I feel at the end of the weekend. I've been so exhausted being pulled in 100 different directions every day, today was the first day in what feels like forever that I could sleep in and just do what I want (mostly vegging) at my own pace. So hopefully I'll start to feel more rejuvenated tomorrow.

I've been keeping up with exercise mostly out of routine/exercise being such a comfort to me, feels normal and stable in such a difficult time. Give my exhaustion I've been going lighter on weights but I'm glad I'm still keeping to it.

Wed-Epic 3 Day 11, quads and calves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqJ...juFXy&index=12). I shortened it a little bit but my total workout time was about 47 minutes which was great. I don't even remember much about this one except it was a lot of heel elevated squats, which I usually really like but it may have been over the top in this one.

Thurs-Epic 3 Day 12, total upper body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwhm...juFXy&index=13) and this one was tough but great. I skipped one complex of shoulders to shorten it just a little bit.

Fri-Epic 3 Day 13, glutes and hamstrings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtVo...juFXy&index=14) and I noticed I tend to slog through the glute focused workouts. But the time went by pretty fast in this one, again I skipped just a little to shorten it down.

Today-Epic 3 Day 14, Total Body Dumbbell Cardio (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is1Z...juFXy&index=15), definitely intended to use lighter weights to get the cardio factor, I used mostly 12-15# and that was good. I'll admit I'm dreading the "badass burpees" hiit workout tomorrow. In fact, if I am not feeling it tomorrow I'll just do something else entirely.

Eventmom Thank you and yes my family has really been sticking together through all of this. I definitely have a great family

Buzzer Thank you too and yes I'll PM you that's very sweet

Thank you both for all of your kind words and support!!

Tags
fitprime just right