Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-23, 06:34 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Amanda Tennant Sunday Short + Sweet Intermediate Pilates - 9 min
Caroline Girvan EPIC Day 24 FB DB - 63 min
Yoga with Tim Meditation for Beginners Day 1 - 7 min

Practiced + taught some pilates classes these last few days so I made sure to get a longer weight session in today. Used my new yoga blankets for the meditation. I think some long resistance bands are in my future as well.

Wendy - Thanks for the update on Jasper.
Angela - I totally agree on push ups, my hands gravitate towards my shoulders.
Erica - Waves.
I can't even imagine doing a 63 minute CG workout. It would take me 2.5 hours to complete with all the extra rests I would have to take. LOL! Good for you!
Old 01-22-23, 06:35 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I actually took a rest day today, which almost never happens. I got sick during the night but am not sure what caused it. DH bought lettuce for me yesterday and I had it with dinner and that's what I suspect but I don't know. I threw the rest of it out just in case, which I hated to do because everything is so expensive. No one else in the house has been sick and I never go out so it couldn't be a virus and there was nothing else I ate that could have made me sick. Fortunately, I have Zofran in the house so I took that right away and I think it helped a lot. I felt normal by late morning but I always work out really early and didn't feel like starting a workout at a weird time for me. Anyway, I'm just grateful it wasn't worse.

buffmama - glad you had a good workout!

Hi to Wendy and Angela.

Erica
Erica, I'm glad you took a rest day. Rest days are just as important as working out. I hope you feel better!
Old 01-22-23, 06:53 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. Wow, 103! Good luck this week getting your stuff done by Friday. I'll be very interested in your thoughts about Jasper's workouts when you have time to post.

Buffmama - I agree with Angela - that is a long Caroline weight workout to do and I'd be wiped out!

Wendy - I'm going to look at the DC Fitt workout. I subscribe to her channel but haven't done any of her workouts yet.

I did the same workout today as I did on Friday ( Daniel PT's Kettlebell Leg Workout At Home | Legs and Glutes Follow along with most of Tiff and Dan's 15 Min COMPOUND LEG WORKOUT). That Tiff and Dan workout is really tough for me. I was sweating buckets.

Erica

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 08:32 PM  
wendug

Angela- My condolences on your grandmother's passing. 103 years old- Wow! What a long life she had! I hope you enjoy Jasper's workouts. I'll be interested in hearing your feedback.

Erica- That DC Fitt workout does have burpees in it, so you might have to sub another move. And that Tiff & Dan compound leg workout, while short, is quite tough. It moves so quickly and I sweat buckets, too!

Buffmama- An hour long CG workout sounds tough. When I have a day where I'm feeling strong I'll give it a try. You won't know if you don't try, right?
Old 01-23-23, 05:02 AM  
gigi

Today was Jasper McDermot Hero WU, Hero Day 1, 5 Minute Minimalist Mobility. I loved that I could focus on strength, heavier weights, and form. His mobility is quite fantastic. I liked that he focused more on the back and hit the smallter muscle groups at the end. I'm looking forward to day 2. I'm especially looking forward to day's 3 & 4 to see how I feel about his more metabolic workouts.
Old 01-23-23, 09:05 AM  
buffmama

Today was a stinker: Bernadette Giorgi Just B . Counting reps, lots of reps, modified a bunch. Followed with Yoga with Tim's How to Meditation Day 2 using my new yoga blankets. Ahhh..

Angela - I'm sorry for the loss of your grandma. 103, wow.

The long Caroline workouts are hard, do make me tired, and have me eating more. I'm still aiming for 2x week and every other day is pilates, so a much lower intensity. I like the increased work on large muscles and modify certain things - 1.5 reps -> regular, static lunges -> regular lunges. On the flip side, when she goes from 2->1 DB I might get a different weight so 40 lbs total -> 25. I figure it's all good.

Dreary day here. Hope everyone is well.
Old 01-23-23, 04:18 PM  
Erica H.

Today was Chris and Edi's 40 Min CHEST, SHOULDERS & TRICEPS WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS | 6 Week Build Series - Day 7. I really like this one.

Angela - glad you had a good workout! Thanks for reporting back on Jasper's workouts.

buffmama - so dreary here too. It's starting to get to me and it's only January. Cold snowy forecast. DH has a long drive for a work trip and the weather looks bad so I'm feeling really anxious about that along with some other things going on.

Wendy - are you getting the cold snowy weather too? We're getting lake effect on top of the regular stuff but nothing excessive, fortunately. Just constant snow and cold. Blech.

Erica
Old 01-23-23, 06:30 PM  
wendug

Angela- Glad you liked hero day 1. And it is fantastic that he throws in mobility work, too!

Buffmama- We've all done some stinker workouts. At least you know not to do it again!

Erica- Chris & Edi upper body workouts are great. I just wish I felt the same way about their lower body workouts. I will try one of their lower body workouts from this series.

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- 40 Minute Back & Biceps Day 13. This is the one with Chris only. It felt like it leaned more toward back work than bicep work. And Arnold made a brief appearance at the end with his little tail wagging like crazy!

It has been cold and cloudy here. We've had surprisingly little snow so far this winter, but we are forecast to get snow Tuesday night into Wednesday. I was just thinking that I haven't had a "shovel max" workout yet this winter.
Old 01-23-23, 06:53 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

Erica- Chris & Edi upper body workouts are great. I just wish I felt the same way about their lower body workouts. I will try one of their lower body workouts from this series.

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- 40 Minute Back & Biceps Day 13. This is the one with Chris only. It felt like it leaned more toward back work than bicep work. And Arnold made a brief appearance at the end with his little tail wagging like crazy!
I'm planning on trying at least one of their lower body workouts too but don't think I'm going to like them nearly as much as Tiff/Dan, Daniel PT, or Caroline. I used to like some of Sydney Cummings' lower body workouts a lot too. I prefer more back than bicep workout and plan on doing the workout you did today soon. Actually, I might have that set up for Wednesday. I wonder where Edi was for that one. Seems weird that she wasn't there.

Erica
Old 01-24-23, 04:52 AM  
gigi

Day 2 of Hero done!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts