Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-23, 05:02 AM  
gigi

This morning was HR's Fierce Day 1: Arms & Shoulders. I liked the 3 60 second cardio sprinkled in. I only did two sets of shoulders due to time constraints but that was plenty.
Old 01-18-23, 12:35 PM  
Erica H.

I did Michelle's lower body Metcon workout again (Thanks Wendy!). I've been looking for other similar workouts and I'm wondering if some of Sydney Cummings workouts are similar. She just posted one today.

Wendy - I wish we had those stores near us. We live in a fairly rural area and only have Walmart. Glad you liked the CG workout.

Angela - I checked out the Coach Ali workout and it looks good. I've been subscribed to that channel for a long time but never did any of the workouts. I was looking at his new series and some others he's done in the past and now I want to do those workouts too - especially the upper body ones. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the choices we have! I've been wanting to get back to Caroline but there are so many workouts I haven't tried yet but want to and now I'm adding a bunch of Coach Ali's to the list.

Hi buffmama!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-23, 06:50 PM  
wendug

Today's workout was fun. So much so that I was sad it was over and did it again! M. Briehler's Cardio HIIT Kickbox no repeat.
Old 01-19-23, 04:55 AM  
gigi

This morning I did Heather Robertson's Fierce Day 2 Lower Body Strength. There were two sets in each round but I only did one and went as heavy as I could. I did both sets of the lunges since I missed those Monday. Before the CD I did two sets of calf raises heavy from Coach Ali's workout and one set of the weighted leg lifts.
I cannot tell you how much better I feel working out regularly. I was super tired last night and went to bed at 7. I've been sore this week.
Old 01-19-23, 07:26 AM  
buffmama

Main workout was EPIC III Day 44 - FB DB Giant Sets 44 min. Great! I'm really liking her older workouts more. Pilates warm up, Yoga with Joelle for middle back 7 min, and Kseny Qigong Breathing for Stress Relief.

Erica - I took a look at Sydney's latest. The thing I like about Michelle lower body is that the cardio seems to compliment the weight work. Sadly, Michelle's full body and Sydney's didn't seem to.

Angela - Heather's a good choice for early mornings. She just seems so nice.

Wendy - Off to look at the kickboxing with that rave review! OK, that looks good. Seems more steady state than HIIT. Did it feel that way when you did it?
Old 01-19-23, 09:53 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Wendy - Off to look at the kickboxing with that rave review! OK, that looks good. Seems more steady state than HIIT. Did it feel that way when you did it?
Definitely more steady state than HIIT, but that is why I like it so much! There is so much HIIT out there, it is nice to find a LISS workout. I know HIIT is such a popular term, but I wish instructors wouldn't use it for everything!
Old 01-19-23, 11:13 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Definitely more steady state than HIIT, but that is why I like it so much! There is so much HIIT out there, it is nice to find a LISS workout. I know HIIT is such a popular term, but I wish instructors wouldn't use it for everything!
Great! That will make it easier to add in to what I'm currently doing. The long strength workouts can take a toll. And getting hyped from HIIT probably isn't something I need right now.
Old 01-19-23, 04:47 PM  
Erica H.

I did Chris and Edi's Chest/Shoulders/Triceps from week 2 of their new series. I liked this one much better than I liked the one from week 1. I saw that only Chris was in one of the workouts that was just recently posted and thought that was odd.

Wendy - I'll have to try that kickbox workout sometime. Looks like the core gets used a lot there - were you sore at all? So funny that you did it twice in a row.

Angela - glad you are getting workouts in and are feeling good about it. Your days are so long!

Hi buffmama (I love your user name)

Erica
Old 01-19-23, 07:51 PM  
wendug

I tried a new instructor today- Jasper MacDermot- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. Although it has a weird cyber theme like you are in a video game, it is a good 30 minute workout. I added on his 15 minute stretch & mobility workout, which felt fantastic. He has under 1k followers and is new to posting workouts, but I find it interesting that he lifts heavy and does mobility work. I'm looking forward to trying some of his other workouts.

Erica- I'm not sore after Michelle's kickbox workout. As I mentioned to buffmama, it is more LISS than HIIT so I could do it twice.

Angela- I don't look at Heather's workouts often, but I do have several of them saved to my YT list. I should get to them someday.

Buffmama- I like Sydney's weight workouts way more than her cardio. I don't click with her style of cardio.
Old 01-19-23, 08:47 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I tried a new instructor today- Jasper MacDermot- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. Although it has a weird cyber theme like you are in a video game, it is a good 30 minute workout. I added on his 15 minute stretch & mobility workout, which felt fantastic. He has under 1k followers and is new to posting workouts, but I find it interesting that he lifts heavy and does mobility work. I'm looking forward to trying some of his other workouts.
Oh noooo! His channel looks really good. I'm already overwhelmed with workouts to do and now I want to try his. Thanks for sharing. I think.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts