Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-23, 06:36 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 45 Min. Standing Abs Cardio Core Kickbox & Arm Sculpt. I think I'm going to spend this week doing more cardio with light weights before jumping into lifting heavy. Taking a week off doing nothing more than walking has set me back a bit. I need to build up this week and kind of detox after not eating well over the holidays.

I went to the store today and wore my mask and I'm so glad I did. A woman standing near me was coughing so hard I thought she was going to throw up. I moved away from her quickly! Why go grocery shopping when you are that sick? When I got home my husband told me his boss got covid over Christmas break along with his entire family. Yuck!
Old 01-04-23, 04:47 AM  
gigi

Another 4 a.m. workout in the books. I did Lift with Cee 20 minute#14. I thought these would be so easy but if you pick the right weights, they are tough workouts. I followed that up with 20 Minute At Home HiiT Workout. I only did one round then added the one leg saw crunch on the other side. There are 4 rounds total, but my body needs time to adjust to such early workouts. It's a great workout. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-04-23, 06:14 PM  
wendug

Angela- Lift w/Cee can be tough- especially with the right weights!

Today's workout- KCM- Lean Body Circuits workout 1. I haven't used this DVD much. I remember someone here on VF saying that Kelly seems kind of manic in these workouts. She does appear to have had a few espresso drinks before filming, but they are still good. I went with my 20s for my heavy weights, so I'm building up slowly this week to get back to my heaviest weights.
Old 01-05-23, 05:05 AM  
gigi

I will catch up with everyone this weekend! I did Lift with Cee #16 then I did Heather Robertson's Brutal Leg HiiT Workout. There were 3 sets in each round of strength followed by cardio. I could only handle the first two sets in the first 2 rounds, in round 3, I only did the lunges - all three sets (holding two 15lb. DB's), no cardio and in round 4, I only did all three sets of sumo squats, no cardio. I only held a 20 for the rest of the strength moves.
Old 01-05-23, 08:00 AM  
buffmama

Trifecta Pilates Hard Core Blast - 10 min, considered this my warm up
danielpt fitness Focus KB Strength - 39 min
growinganannas FB HIIT - 20 min, these all have the same name!
Yoga with Kassandra 10 min Morning Stretch - 10 min

Wendy - Lean Body Circuits is one of my favorite workouts
Angela - That Natacha workout looks good. I haven't done any of her stuff
Erica - Waves.
Old 01-06-23, 04:51 AM  
gigi

Day 5 done! I was SO tired this morning but got up anyway. I did Lift with Cee #6 and used lighter weights than I've been using. Then I did Lift with Cee Strong Core. I start my first master's class on Monday.
Old 01-06-23, 06:24 PM  
wendug

I missed my workout yesterday as I was walking a client's dogs.

Angela- I'm proud of you for getting up so early all week. Woo-hoo!

buffmama- Glad to hear you like KCM's Lean Body Circuits. Speaking of KCM, there was thread about her offering a RAW workout on DVD, so I decided to check YT to see what she still has posted for RAW workouts. Today I did Slim Sculpt 2. This workout was easier than Lean Body Circuits, but it is also 50 minutes, so maybe that is why.

Erica- Hello! Hope you are doing well!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-07-23, 04:57 PM  
buffmama

Yesterday was pilates streaming and today was:

Kait Coats Day 4 New Years 2023 Challenge Abs & Core - 11 min
fitness kay_kay FB DB Strength - 49 min
Oliva Lawson Intense Tabata - 24 min
Yoga with Joelle Hips and Shoulders - 11 min
365 Days of Meditation 3-7-8 Breathing - 3 min

Erica - I may not have done kk's burpee workout yet, but I am really enjoying the ones I've done. I upped my weights today and was a sweaty mess. And she does a mobility warm up and cool down - awesome.

Olivia Lawson was new to me but was suggested on GD when I asked for someone similar to growinganannas for cardio. This was the closest I found. Coach Ali was mentioned in GD for strength work. Has anyone done his workouts? I added them to my FB playlist.

Angela - Good job on getting your workouts in.
Wendy - A job involving pups sounds nice.
Old 01-08-23, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Yesterday's workout was going on a cleaning frenzy. All my Christmas stuff is put away and I thoroughly cleaned my dh's office (it really needed it since he works from home most days!). I even pulled together a trash bag and box of things to donate.

Today's workout- Chris & Edi's Day 1 of the 6 week Build Series. Phew! It feels nice to get back to lifting heavy. I'll try their lower body workouts, but I don't know if I'll stick with them as I think there are other instructors with better lower body work. We'll see.

Angela- Good luck with your grad class!
buffmama- I'm just going to have to jump in and try that Fitness w/KayKay workout (although it looks tough!) And I love working with dogs. But since covid I don't have as many clients because a lot switched to working from home.
Erica- I miss seeing your posts! Please post soon.
Old 01-08-23, 08:33 PM  
Erica H.

Hi, I'm sorry I haven't posted! Lots of stuff going on and I'm super anxious about my appointment tomorrow with my surgeon. I'm getting myself all worked up, which I know is a waste of energy but I can't help it.

I can't remember when I posted last. I've been doing workouts from Chris and Edi, Daniel PT, and Tiff and Dan. All great.

Angela - I'm so incredibly impressed with your 4am workouts before a long commute and work! Good luck with your class!

Wendy - I'm definitely going to be doing the Chris and Edi upper body workouts from their new program. I find that I am lifting heavier than ever using their workouts. Like you, I'm not crazy about their lower body work. I started looking at some of the videos trying to figure out how to piece together several using only the parts I like and then realized that was a waste since there are so many lower body workouts I love by other instructors. I'm not missing anything by not doing their lower body stuff. How did you like Day 1 - the push workout?

buffmama - I subscribe to Coach Ali on youtube but don't think I've ever done any of the workouts. Glad you are finding workouts you like!

Hope this all made sense. Tried replying earlier but something came up and now I'm tired and in a hurry. I will try to get back to posting regularly after my appointment tomorrow.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts