Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-22, 06:49 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Just popping in with a question. My friend just bought a barbell set. Do any of these YouTube instructors with weight workouts use a barbell or is it mostly dumbbells and kettlebells? Thanks!
Caroline Grivin has a 5 workout series called Kick-Ass Kettlebell and she has a playlist of 9 kettlebell worktouts. I believe she has some barbell workouts as well.

This guy has some Kettlebell and bar workouts.

I searched for barbell workouts in the youtube search box and a lot of workouts popped up.

There is a channel and he does barbell workouts exclusively (very similar to Les Mills) but I cannot find the channel.

Tonight I did 80's Walking Workout. It was fun. I slept for about 9 hours last night. I got up and worked for about 5 hours. I finally feel like I'm making a dent in my work. Took a one hour nap, did laundry, and did my workout. I'm not too sore from last night's workout either. Yay!
Old 08-28-22, 07:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Angela! I appreciate it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 01:51 PM  
Erica H.

Vantreesta - this one just popped up on my youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gKBB8fHsY A lot of people on VF like this channel.

And I LOVE these workouts for spinning but haven't tried his strength workouts - looks like many of them use barbells. He has great music.

https://www.letsmove.fitness/strength he also has a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/LiftwithLars

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 02:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Vantreesta - this one just popped up on my youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gKBB8fHsY A lot of people on VF like this channel.

And I LOVE these workouts for spinning but haven't tried his strength workouts - looks like many of them use barbells. He has great music.

https://www.letsmove.fitness/strength he also has a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/LiftwithLars

Erica
Thanks so much, Erica! Off to check them out!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 05:23 PM  
wendug

Well I didn't plan to take a rest day yesterday. I woke up early and did lots of stuff around the house and walked my dogs. After lunch I decided to take a nap and slept for 3 hours! I guess I didn't realize my body needed to rest. My stomach has been bothering me a little bit, too.

My stomach is better today and the rest did me good. Today's workout- Eleni Fit 45 minute No Jumping Fat Burning HIIT. It was kinda boring, but I did work up a sweat. I almost switched to a different workout but stuck it out. I probably won't do this one again.
Old 08-29-22, 05:44 PM  
gigi

I'm glad your feeling better Wendy! You're welcome Vantreestra! I'm sorry your year has been full of loss and injuries Erica. You are moving and not giving up. 2022 has not been my best year either.

Tonight I did the same warm up as yesterday and this 40 Minute Full Body Strength Workout. I really liked it. It was a basic lifiting workout. I followed that up with a 15 Minute Full Body Stretch. I have a meeting after school tomorrow and will get home late. I am getting my hair done on Wed. and will be home late. Next workout will most likely be Thursday, but I've done 3 days in a row. I may be slowly coming back!
Old 08-30-22, 05:03 PM  
wendug

Angela- 3 days in a row is great! I've tagged that weight workout to do in the future- looks good!

Today I felt like doing one of DC Fitt's 2-1-None workouts. Today I did this Full Body Strength & Cardio Workout. I always feel like I've had a great workout after doing one of these style workouts with Deanna. I had to substitute one of the crab walk sets as my wrists were bothered by them. Other than that I loved it!
Old 08-31-22, 05:23 PM  
wendug

Today I did Michelle Briehler's Smaller Waist Fat Burning Cardio + Arm Sculpting Workout. I've done this one before and love it. The quick arm sculpting section really fried my arms with all the quick pulsing.
Old 09-01-22, 06:14 PM  
gigi

I had a meeting after work on Tuesday and got my hair done on Wednesday so no workouts. Tonight I stayed the course and did Get Fit with Rick 10 Minute Speed Walking as a warm up. Then I did a 20 Minute No Repeat DB Strength Workout which was no joke. I ended with some of my own stretching and Cathe's Perfect 30 Extended Stretch. DanielTP fitness has been quite a find for me. I like that they are basic, somewhat metabolic, and do not consist of endless reps. It's working for where I am in my life right now.

Wendy, I've looked at that waist trimmer workout and it looks tough. Hi Erica! I usually do not workout on Fridays. I will bring work home but have a 3 day weekend. I will be spending some time with my dad and family, napping, working, and I plan to workout Sa, Su, Mo, Tu, Th. #goals
Old 09-02-22, 05:44 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I had to walk a client's dogs. It was so hot I was sweating a lot when we were finished and I did not feel like doing a work out after that!

Today I did my first Daniel PT Fitness workout- 30 Minute Push Pull Full Body Dumbbell Workout. Although it was full body, it definitely was more upper body than lower body moves. He had some moves that I had never done before, which was nice! There was a set of one legged pistol squats, which I have never tried before. I was able to do them, although not as deep in the squat as Daniel, but I'm happy with how low I could go.

I tried his warm up, too, which had that annoying sound they play at soccer matches. I can't remember what it is called, but I don't think I'll do his warm up again unless I mute it. I did my own stretch and cool down.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts