Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-22, 07:06 PM  
Tinks

Super Easy Workout Suggestions for When Your Grieving, Depressed, or Tired

Hello! I don't normally post, but though it would be nice to have a thread where people could suggest really easy workouts when the thought of working out just sounds awful because you're in a tough stage in life.

The last thing I want to do right now is a fast paced cardio workout, but I do want to move my body because I think it might help a little.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Today I did a YouTube cardio workout on SeniorShape Fitness that was a nice pace, and I really liked it. It's called Dance & Cardio Kickboxing Workout // Fun Low Impact Perfect for Beginners & Seniors
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:12 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi Tinks! Glad you posted! Your thread title caught my eye, because I've been dealing with all the issues you mentioned. It's really hard to get motivated when you're feeling that way. Honestly, any movement will help, even just stretching. I pulled out Karen Voight's Pure and Simple Stretch a number of times this year, and always feel better afterwards. Music is also extremely helpful (even just listening), so any workout with music you enjoy will make you feel better. Going outdoors and simply walking in the fresh air works wonders, too.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:13 PM  
donnamp

This is a good idea - I know depending on what the issue is I will have different needs. For instance, if I am really sad about something yoga just makes it worse.

Some things that have worked for me in the past

- Mindless steady state cardio - walking - either outdoors or indoors with a video - Leslie comes to mind for her simple choreography and upbeat personality. Jenny Ford is another instructor who has helped me through hard times.

- Pahla B's workouts helped me a lot - the chatter just took my mind off my worries - unfortunately, I learned that there was something about her workouts that my lower back and hip did not appreciate - although I have figured out that I can do her weight workouts w/out issues.

- Ellen Barrett - her stuff is just a feel-good-go-to for me.

- Body Groove is another one that is good for helping to take my mind off my troubles.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:30 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I have been doing some of Improved Health's workouts on YouTube, particularly the ones with oldies music. My favorites:

10 Minute BEE GEES WORKOUT

WORKOUT to ABBA! | Mamma Mia Walking Workout

Workout to the 50's & 60's | At Home Walking Workout | Elvis Presley and more!

Workout to the Oldies!

1960's Oldies but Goodies Walking Workout

They have simple moves that change every thirty seconds and I enjoy the music.

For straightforward weights, you might try Lifting With Cee. Her Beginner Series helped me to get back into weights after going through, and I'm still going through, a particularly hard major life event.

Body Project is very good, too.

Best wishes to you!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Hello! I don't normally post, but though it would be nice to have a thread where people could suggest really easy workouts when the thought of working out just sounds awful because you're in a tough stage in life.

The last thing I want to do right now is a fast paced cardio workout, but I do want to move my body because I think it might help a little.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Today I did a YouTube cardio workout on SeniorShape Fitness that was a nice pace, and I really liked it. It's called Dance & Cardio Kickboxing Workout // Fun Low Impact Perfect for Beginners & Seniors
That is a really fun workout! I've done it multiple times.

All of Lauren's stuff is good, really. She has a strength workout that is all on the floor and it's a good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiEv...orShapeFitness

Here's a Barre/Kickboxing Workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3S...orShapeFitness
It's really good as well.

For those who might not know, Lauren has started publishing a playlist on YouTube each week with a week's rotation of her workouts.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

This Recovery Day workout from Jessica Smith is a good one, but it's closer to 30 minutes than it is to 20 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp94...jessicasmithtv

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:57 PM  
star117

For weights, I like Cathe's Push/Pull or Supersets and for cardio I like her Lite cardio party. hugs, diana
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 08:15 PM  
bfit

Check out some of the You Tube Paul Eugene senior dance workouts. They are typically about 30 minutes and not too strenuous. He is very cheerful and encouraging and the music is not loud and fast.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 10:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lee Holden Qi Gong
David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi
Mimi Kuo-Deemer Qi Gong
Jane Adams Yoga
Miranda Esmonde White Classical Stretch
Sahra Esmonde White Essentrics
Ellen Barrett
Jessica Smith
Leslie Sansone Walks

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 06:52 AM  
Daffie

No suggestions but sorry for what you’re going through!
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy workouts, stress relief, too tired days, tough times, working out when sad