Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-20-22, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - You Can't Make Everyone Happy. You're Not a Jar of Nutella. Feb 20

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 09:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Laura, what a funny title for March 6 - I feel honored .

I'm planning on taking Gus for a nice long walk today - it'll be close to 40F outside! Otherwise might hit the grocery store if Adelija needs something as we'll be in a big snowstorm Monday to Wednesday with about 8-10" of snow. I'm kind of happy to be retired and staying at home to enjoy the snow. I didn't touch my box of memories yesterday, but instead did laundry - three loads to do all the bedding, one load for the little carpets, and two loads for my clothing - whew! 6 loads total.

Laura, I'm jealous even of your cold 58 degree day! Glad Polly shows how to enjoy life . Sounds like you'll have a good putzing day!

Paula, I haven't been to MOA in years - if I go, it's a surgical path to Nordstrom, not a general meander of the halls. I'm sure lots has changed and there may be some vacancies. No progress on my box yesterday, but might do it when the snowstorm hits. Sounds like any progress on the quilt is good progress!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-20-22, 01:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I'm glad you didn't mind me co-opting your humor.

It's another bright sunny day here. I want to get outside this afternoon. These days are what makes winter in NC so great.

I have some stuff to get done today - laundry, grocery store pick-up, cooking. It will still be a relaxed day, but a bit more productive.

Paula - I'm glad you got to work on a quilt. I didn't do any crafting yesterday. I had a book I loved reading and I wanted to finish it, so I read quite a bit. Yeah, Polly really wants to go out in the mornings when it's still cold. Then, she comes back in after a while and acts like, "Why did you MAKE me go out there?" It cracks us up.

Anita - I hope you enjoy your heat wave today and recover from your laundry binge yesterday. Hang in there through the next snowstorm. Hunker down and enjoy being retired.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 09:31 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights. It looked like a nice day, it's supposed to be overcast and cool tomorrow. So we put off getting groceries and flew to Catalina and went hiking. We'll get groceries tomorrow.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. I hope you and Adelija are all stocked up for the storm. Si loads of laundry is a big job! I try to spread laundry out across the week. Somehow one load doesn't feel like alot of work, any more starts to feel like a job. So we try to do one load most days and really try to never have more than two loads in a day. Not sure that system would work for everyone but it works for us. Hope you have enough things to keep you occupied during the storm.

Laura, love that visual of Polly and her attitude. She owns your house now for sure. I envy you having a book you loved reading. There's almost nothing better than losing yourself in a good book. I can't remember the last book I felt that way about.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 08:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Right now, the weather is nice and quiet, but it will start snowing around 1:00 in the afternoon. Adelija has President's Day off from school, so she's sleeping in. I'll take Gus for a nice walk this morning, then putz around the house. We'll be having snow till Wednesday and gathering around 10" per forecast. Adelija wanted to have a friend over tomorrow night, but I cancelled that due to the snow storm. I'm hoping not to drive in this snow until the streets get plowed - Wednesday?, but today Gus can still get his walk at a park.

Laura, I don't mind my single day in the 40s to celebrate winter, but I'd be sad if that was every day like your NC weather. I like a real winter. Ah, Polly, is quite the opinionated cat!

Paula, I don't have enough extras to not do my laundry in one blitz for my bed. I do have a set of spare sheets, but haven't used them since getting new ones. I'm sure I'll catch up on TV recordings when the storm is here - I've got the Around the World in 80 Days recorded, but not seen for 7 episodes. I'll likely hit the snowblower two or three times during this storm also.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-21-22, 04:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Another day that just melted away here. I was up in the night, so I slept in some. This morning, we putzed around the house. I did put in a load of laundry I need to go put in the dryer. Paula, I agree that one load of laundry doesn't seem like that much, unless it's a big load of heavy bed covers.

This afternoon, I took DH to an appointment with an audiologist and ENT. He has had ringing in his ears for several weeks now. The GP couldn't see anything wrong and referred him to the ENT. The ENT said that DH has lost the upper range of his hearing. With loss in this particular range, the brain notices the absence of sound and compensates by creating sound in the ears. DH says it sounds like cicadas. And there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. The good news is that it's not constant and it isn't super loud. DH says that with background noise - TV, music, etc. - that he doesn't really notice the sound. It's just really discouraging because there is so much wrong with DH and this is just an added layer of issues, the last thing he needs. But I seem more discouraged by it than he does this afternoon.

Anita - Yeah, when we were deciding where to retire to, we had decided that we no longer wanted "a real winter". I can see how you wouldn't like it here, although there are places with milder weather patterns. It sounds like it's just as well thatyou cancelled tomorrow night.

Paula - Good job rearranging your week to take advantage of the good weather. You can always go shopping when it's cloudy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-21-22, 09:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a long YinYoga practice with Travis Eliot. Grocery day for us - we hit Target and Ralphs. Got home with lots of stuff and spent the afternoon doing food prep for the week.

We had an overcast and cool day - cool for other people, cold for us. I didn't dress warmly enough and was cold while we did our shopping. I was hoping we'd get some rain today but it didn't come. Possibility of rain in the forecast tomorrow so maybe we'll get some rain tomorrow.

Anita, nice Adelija is off school today and you don't need to drive her anywhere while it's snowing. As for laundry I do all the towels one day and the bedclothes another day - I can do our sheets and pillow cases in one load.

Laura, so sorry to hear about your DH's hearing problems. It's been years ago now, but I had some hearing problems that my doctor couldn't figure out and she sent me to an ENT. The ENT figured our I had a viral infection in my inner ear very quickly. The prescription he gave me fixed the problem in two weeks. I hope your DH has a similar outcome.
Old 02-22-22, 09:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday, Adelija was off school because of President's Day - we were expecting some snow, but none fell - it was north of our city. Today, Adelija's school was cancelled because of a big coming snow storm - she's supposed to do e-learning from home. So far we've gotten about half an inch of snow... sigh. I hope more snow is coming!

I'm planning on walking Gus - I thought it would be in our neighborhood because of the predicted snows (started with 10" predicted), now maybe drive him to a park for a walk? Otherwise, I was planning on doing lots of shoveling and snowblowing - now? Putzing...

Laura, sorry about DH's hearing issues . I think I have a constant high frequency hum in my ears, but it's pretty quiet - not a bother for me.

Paula, I did grocery shopping a bit early in prediction of this snow storm which isn't happening so far... My bedclothes fill three loads - one a large comforter for this winter weather, one a thinner comforter I put under the thick one as the stuffing in the thick one now forms snowballs in the squares (not flat leaving gaps in stuffing), and my bedsheets. Every three months I wash the mattress liner also - so that would be a fourth load! Hope you get your rain showers in a nice mild way there in CA!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-22-22, 08:02 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was one of those weekdays that seemed like a Saturday, probably because we had no appointments or errands out of the house. It was a warm and cloudy day here. I caught up on some stuff around the house.

Anita - The snow sounds like it was a non-event. Did you get out for Gus' walk? I'm hoping the sound of the cicadas is like your hum. Guess we'll see.

Paula - Did it rain? It sounds like you got a lot of groceries. Unfortunately, DH's condition is something the doctors can't do anything about.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-22-22, 10:37 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) followed by Tamilee Floor Stretch. DH and I did a neighborhood walk as well.

Didn't do much today. DH went to the hangar to putz and I stayed home and worked on my latest quilt and made some multigrain rolls. I hope these come out better - my last batch of multigrain rolls were heavy and more like a hockey puck than bread.

DH's surgery is tomorrow. I have to take him into the hospital in the morning. I'm not allowed to wait in the hospital so I'll have to come home and wait for them to call me to come get him. It's going to be a long day.

Anita, I'm glad I live in California. I don't have near that many bedclothes on my bed. We take the bedspread off every night and put it back on the bed in the morning. I wash the mattress pad every three months. But most times it's just the sheets and pillow cases and I can get those in one load.

Laura, No the rain didn't come, well we had a couple little spits of rain but nothing like predicted. So our rain was a lot like Anita's snow that didn't happen. Hope your DH feels better, I know it's hard since he has intractable medical issues. We're birds of a feather right now I since my DH is also having medical problems. Not sure how long his recovery will be this time.