Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-22, 02:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is even better than yesterday - sunny and warmer with less of a breeze. I started the day getting a bunch of x-rays taken for my rheumatologist so they can see what shape my joints are in. Laying on the x-ray bed that long aggravated my lower back some, but not as bad as past times. The tech was pretty good about keeping things moving and positioning me well. I was already planning on going to the chiropractor this afternoon while DH is at the PT, and that should help.

Tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. we will have a Zoom call with the Japanese part of the family. It should be good to see them.

Anita - Yeah, I can understand how the time difference to China could put a damper on watching the Olympics. It's a 13-hour difference now. I'm just paying attention to the results. I hope Adelija has a great birthday and that you both get some sleep tonight!

Paula - You sound like me with soup. The recipe is a good starting point. The sausage tortellini soup I made the other day didn't call for onions or mushrooms or chili powder (all of which were added to it). DH's allergies have reacted so much less to Polly than we expected. It used to be that just being around a cat would make his allergies flare. Of course, he also wears a mask around her and when she's on his lap, he puts a towel between them. But still!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 09:55 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 25 Moderate Weights followed by a Tamilee Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

It was a beautiful day here, in the high 80's, so we went flying. Had a nice day.

Anita, Happy Birthday to Adelija, I hope she had a fun day. Glad you were able to talk with your brother and it wasn't a heart attack - still scary. It's good he has a place to recover in Florida and didn't have to make a long drive all the way back to Wisconsin. It's funny to watch some the Olympic events and see so few people in the seats. I don't even try to watch in real time - I watch on YouTube the replays of events I'm interested in. If you try the soup recipe let me know how you like it.

Laura, glad the x-rays went easier than prior times. How long before you know the results? How nice to be able to talk with your brother and his family. Yes, recipes are just a starting point. I usually make a recipe as written the first time but tweak it from there. With this lentil soup I replaced the kale with spinach right from the beginning. I know kale gives me bad indigestion for hours so it's a no go for me.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 08:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

My car has a flat tire light showing, so planning on going to the tire shop to have them check pressures and for any problems - it's cold out so not unusual to have tires shrink a bit in the cold, losing pressure that way. I'm hoping that is all that's wrong. It's Adelija's second day of parties - yesterday we had a small group go out for sushi, tonight I think there will be about 8 people over for cake. I'll need to drive to the other side of town to pick up a Russian cake that Adelija loves this morning. Gus walk today also. Right now I have three girls sleeping downstairs.

Laura, right now I'm jealous of your warm weather - -7F here right now - brrrrr! I hope your X-rays give your rheumatologist some answers on your bone condition. Frankly, I hate looking at my spine X-rays - not very pretty - seems I've lost lots of space between vertebrae. I'm glad DH is able to bond with Polly, despite all the layers - sounds like it's working out nicely on both ends of that relationship .

Paula, you've got beautiful warm weather also - argh! It's a bit weird not to have watched any of the Olympics this year, just the snips caught on the news. I sometimes use kale and sometimes spinach in my smoothies - haven't noticed a difference in my digestion with that switch, but the spinach doesn't add as much flavor to my smoothies - I like invisible spinach .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 09:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hello. It was a nice Saturday for me. DH was in a lot of pain today and so we mainly hung out. We started out with a Zoom call with the whole family this morning and it was a really good call. Afterward, I took a 2-hour nap. I didn't sleep really well last night and I needed it. This afternoon, we went to church virtually because I have a training session tomorrow morning. This afternoon, I went out for short walk and ended up talking to neighbors for quite a while before it happened.

Anita - Well, your weather front will reach us tomorrow and the the high will be in the morning with temps dropping all day. We'll start at 50 and drop from there. Sorry we won't be anywhere near your lows! (Well, not actually - I'm just sorry your lows are so low... )

Paula - It sounds like a nice day. This coming week, I'll go for a blood test to give my doctor more info and then schedule an appointment at the rheumatologist's to follow up on everything. This is important, but not time critical since I'm on the new medicine that has given me a lot of relief.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 09:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 25 Core, Yoga with Tim Morning Stretch, and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Today my sewing group met and I really enjoyed getting together again. We all wore masks and kept apart but we were still able to laugh and gossip and enjoy each other's company.

Anita, another beautiful day here. Hope your flat tire light was simply tire shrinkage. Oh and happy second birthday celebration for Adelija! I hope she appreciated they cake you got here. You're lucky if kale doesn't bother your stomach it's supposed to be very healthy for you.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote