Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-22, 08:27 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Don't Let Your Head Get Too Big. It Will Break Your Neck. Jan 30

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 08:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, getting groceries with Adelija, and doing some vacuuming, mopping and cleaning of the house. Otherwise putzing.

Laura, glad the deep snow missed you! Your chicken stew sounds right on course for a wintery day .

Paula, glad to hear DH is improving on his time walking with you. It sounds like your eye prescription has really changed! Hope your eyes adjust smoothly to your new glasses. Are you able to function not wearing glasses? I'm happy to not wear glasses any more - I used a set of magnifiers to work on the radio antenna, but that's about it.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-30-22, 08:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started. Hope you had a good putzing day.

Paula - I'm sorry it takes a while for you to transition to a new prescription. Hope that happens soon.

Today just melted away. We went to church virtually this morning. This afternoon, I had a Zoom training session. It felt good to do some training. This evening, I'm catching up on computer stuff.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 09:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 13 Cardio/Tone and Yoga with Tim morning stretch.

It was a beautiful sunny day so we went flying. Still went somewhere close and tried to not be gone too long. DH still gets tired more easily. But we had a nice day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Like the theme, is it another one from Laura? I hope you and Gus got a nice walk today and didn't turn into ice cubes. I didn't get an eye exam last year, as with many things, that got skipped. So my prescription has changed and I feel it. You asked if I can function without glasses, well that depends on what I'm trying to do. I can't read without glasses. I can do most other things - broad brush type of things but my eyes tire quickly. I wear glasses for everything expect working out. I can watch the screen and follow along without them.

Laura, Yesterday when we were driving to the grocery store we passed the local synagogue and I noticed alot of cars in the parking lot. I assumed that meant people were coming back and not attending temple virtually anymore. Are more people at your church returning to regular service? I've noticed my days melt away too. I keep saying I want to start another quilt but I don't seem to actually do it.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be a warm day around freezing temperature - planning on taking Gus for a walk and tending to my bird feeders out back. I'm hoping to get some tax stuff ready also as some reports are supposed to be available online today. Otherwise putzing.

Laura, the Latvian church is available online also, but frankly, I haven't done anything with it since Christmas. Luckily Adelija isn't into church much at all also, so nothing is missed Sunday mornings as far as going to a church.

Paula, glad you were able to enjoy an air tour with DH. Yes, Laura has a bunch of titles for this thread that she posted last month - love having them as they make my starting a thread much simpler . Cut and paste is about the max of my morning capabilities .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-31-22, 04:17 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a beautiful day here, sunny and warmer. We got our haircuts this morning and then picked up lunch on the way home. As I waited for my order in the restaurant, I noticed that almost no one coming to the counter had on a mask, even with signs all over the restaurant asking people to wear a one. This afternoon, I'm getting a couple of loads of laundry done and am catching up on computer stuff.

Paula - We have noticed that more people are going back to church, and other places. As I said above, we've also noticed a lot less masks. Our positivity rate has dropped from something like 40% to 27%, still a lot of cases. And yet, people are acting like it's over. It's good you found someplace to go that worked with DH's health at this point.

Anita - I hope you enjoyed your heatwave!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-31-22, 09:30 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a long yin yoga practice with Travis Eliot.

Rest of the day was just getting stuff done. Picked up my reading glasses at Costco and ran errands. DH took the Ford in for some work and they found a water pump leak (DH wasn't surprised, he suspected this) and ended up spending hours there and let us just say hundreds of dollars. But now the Transit is in good shape.

I compiled tax stuff this afternoon - boo. I wanted to get a haircut but couldn't get an appointment, so made an appointment for Wednesday.

Anita, is the temp at 32 feel like a balmy day to you now? These titles Laura found are really good - funny and on point.

Laura, yeah we're noticing that too - people acting as though the pandemic is over and they don't need to wear a mask anymore. In my local neighborhood, most, certainly not all, people are complying with masking. However, if we leave our city the level of compliance is much less. Here in California the Govenor issued a mask mandate for most of the state a month or so ago because our cases were rising and many hospitals were at capacity. He hasn't lifted the mandate, but in some areas of the state people are completly blowing it off. I don't know whether the cases and hospital situation has improved I should be following it closer than I have been. DH has a surgery scheduled for later this month, I just hope it isn't postponed because the hospital is overwhelmed - that happened last time.
Old 02-01-22, 08:37 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with friends this morning - temps are plunging and winds are nasty strong, so I'm sure we'll choose a shorter walk. We hit 36F around 2 am and will be down to negative numbers tonight.

I've figured out some of my tax documents from December reports from banks and credit unions, but some of my investments need reports coming out about mid-February. This should be a simple year on taxes with a standard deduction.

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday after walking Gus and was already in the store when I realized I didn't have my mask with me - I didn't abandon my cart and go back out to get it from my car, so I just kept distance from others and hurried out of there. Sorry, world!

Laura, yeah, 27% positivity is LOTS higher than the 5% we're shooting for (currently around 22.3% here). Sounds like a new Covid variant will pass through also.

Paula, glad you were able to get your car back into functional shape, despite the costs. Yeah, 32 feels hot here - normally I'd be wearing my pullover spring/fall jacket for temps above 20, but I'm just lazy and wore my winter coat. I hope DH's surgery goes through as currently planned .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-01-22, 10:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a pretty day here. I hope to get outside some today. We have a tree guy coming this afternoon to give us an estimate on thinning out the trees in our back yard. And I may have a training session this evening. Other than that, it will be a day for putzing around the house.

Paula - Yeah, I remember your husband's surgery being delayed. Here's hoping it will happen on time this year. I need to get to tax stuff myself. That will be February's task.

Anita - Yeah, forgetting a mask happens to everyone. I wouldn't have noticed except that it was around seven people in a row that stepped up to place orders and none of them wore a mask. After noticing that, I looked around as I walked out and the only people in the place with masks on were the employees and me. It was the trend that struck me. Ugh on your temps. It sounds like the next few days are going to be tough with the new system sweeping across the country.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-01-22, 10:09 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 Push/Strength followed by a cool down stretch. Also a neighborhood walk with DH.

Didn't do much today, the day melted away as Laura would say. So. Cal. Edison is going to turn our power off tomorrow while they work on something. They gave themselves about six hours, I know you guys are used to losing power but six hours seems like forever to me.

Anita, we've all forgotten a mask at one time. I try not to let it happen, I try to keep KN95 masks in the car and keep a cloth one in my purse. Still at least once, DH or I have gone into a store or restarant and realised we had forgotten a mask and it was in the car. We try to do the social distancing protocols too, but it is hard. I understand why some people refuse to comply. They hear the danger is only to the old and vunerable populations - it may not be them but as we all know vunerable people are all around them. Each of us is in that group and for Laura and I our husbands are too. Positivity rate in CA is now 13.8, which is pretty good. You, Adelija, and Gus stay warm. Hope you have some games or something set up to keep yourself entertained if it's too cold to go out. Do you keep extra jackets in your car? We always do, just in case.

Laura, Yeah, I've been in places where I realized the only people wearing masks were DH and I - even the staff had blown it off. We don't go back to those places. Hope you got an estimate you can live with on taking the trees out. Hope the training session happened.