Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-21, 01:35 PM  
Nelly G

Linda I bought 2 Xmas collars for your cat. One red and one green. Did the raccoons took them too there was one very big Chocolate bar ( not small) more the seize of a book.

Did you try the Kettlebell kickboxing sets which arrived from Canada?
One was the best kettlebell with kickboxing combined and the other was more about bodyweight workouts. I thought that you would like both.

I did not want to ask when they did arrive because I did not wanted to reveal that time that one package would still arrive from the Netherlands. I was scared that I got a message that they delivered the package to a person they said ( because there had to be signed for it), but there was no message about it at Videofitness.

I made a You Tube compilation dvd because you told me you could not do the You Tube workouts.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 01:48 PM  
Nelly G

[QUOTE
And last, but not least..a beautiful blue and white plaque with these sayings that I will keep on my desk
"Don't just work hard, work smart."
"Mirror mirror on the wall,
I'll always get up after I fall.
And whether I run,
walk, do a workout or crawl,
I'll set my goals
and achieve them all!"
!![/QUOTE]
This a Delfs Blue tile from a Dutch company who make tiles by personal order and I made the design.
Old 12-24-21, 03:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
fanofladyvols how fun! We opened our gift boxes at the same time!
How fun we did, Pat!

Nelly my husband found the green collar in the woods with the remains of the chocolate bar but the raccoons had shredded the green collar ...I'm so sorry.

I'm so glad you put the red collar in the tin ...she's wearing it now.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 04:33 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
How fun we did, Pat!

Nelly my husband found the green collar in the woods with the remains of the chocolate bar but the raccoons had shredded the green collar ...I'm so sorry.

I'm so glad you put the red collar in the tin ...she's wearing it now.
I am glad only the green collar an the chocolate were the only things that were confiscated by the racoons otherwise it was a disaster. Why did the post not let ypu sign for the parcel because I have paid for that and not that they left the parcel on the doorstep for the racoons
Do you know that the parcel was really good closed so they must have been really busy with their claws.
Old 12-24-21, 05:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
I am glad only the green collar an the chocolate were the only things that were confiscated by the racoons otherwise it was a disaster. Why did the post not let ypu sign for the parcel because I have paid for that and not that they left the parcel on the doorstep for the racoons
Do you know that the parcel was really good closed so they must have been really busy with their claws.
We figured out something else...My daughter was home after 9 and the box wasn't there then so this box was delivered REALLY late!

As to the box, my husband said it looked like a crime scene with cardboard bits everywhere..they basically chewed through a side of the box (smelling the chocolate, I think).

And oh, I forgot to mention the first thing my husband said, " I can't tell who it's from or what everything is but there are some packages that look like DVDs and the good news is those look fine!" Ha ha !!

When I mentioned there might be more he was so sweet to go hunt. He thinks they held some meeting on a log because the debris was scattered around it.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 07:07 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
We figured out something else...My daughter was home after 9 and the box wasn't there then so this box was delivered REALLY late!

As to the box, my husband said it looked like a crime scene with cardboard bits everywhere..they basically chewed through a side of the box (smelling the chocolate, I think).

And oh, I forgot to mention the first thing my husband said, " I can't tell who it's from or what everything is but there are some packages that look like DVDs and the good news is those look fine!" Ha ha !!

When I mentioned there might be more he was so sweet to go hunt. He thinks they held some meeting on a log because the debris was scattered around it.
Those rascally racoons! I am sorry they messed up your package from Nelly but it is kind of funny visualizing the racoons meeting around the log munching on chocolate.
Thank you everyone for participating in the exchange. It was a bright spot for me this year. Wishing everyone who celebrates a peaceful and happy Christmas.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:48 AM  
ots

Finally opened my VF gift this morning! It was the only gift left under the tree. So very exciting for me. Thanks to Sidlynn for a wonderful package and many delights!

First, she got some treats for my dogs --- they will be thrilled!

Next - she got me a burgundy knit infinity scarf and matching gloves. The gloves are also burgundy with white fingers --- but the have silver tips on the thumb and first finger which made me realize that they were for tech (even though the gloves did not say it. I never had a knit glove that worked with tech. So I tried it out and sure enough - they work beautifully with my phone!

I also got fuzzy socks - covered with snowflakes and a polar bear - very cute!

And a monogrammed kitchen towel --- never enough of those! A plaid reindeer ornament for my tree!

I got a barbell eraser - lol! It's a huge eraser shaped like a barbell with 3 plates on each end. She also sent some lip balm - always welcome! And Trader Joe's toffee chips --- yum!!! Eating one now -- one of my absolute favorites!

Last - I got 4 DVDs!! KCM's Total body kickbox - will probably do that one today! And then two Ellen Barrett Crunch pilates DVDs --- Fat burning & Burn & firm - which is funny because I just Super slimdown this week! And last I got Sadie Lincoln's Barre3 Standing Slim - which I had lent out and never got back - so I am glad to have it again!

Thanks Cindy!!! And I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy holiday season filled with fun workouts!
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 03:38 PM  
Sidlynn

You're so very welcome, Anne! Merry Christmas!

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 08:11 PM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Christmas Eve is here and I just sat down to open my Santa gift. As soon as I opened the box and saw a beautiful crocheted scarf, I knew it was my Barefoot Buddy Garrie!

I adore the scarf, it's so thick and cozy and a lovely dark orange shade that reminds me of spices - a blend of cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Speaking of spices, I'm surrounded with the smells of hand crafted soaps in Winter Whisper, Nordic Spruce and Winter Berries, plus four delicious spiced votive candles.

Garrie also gave me thick, lined Dear Foams socks to keep my feet warm during my chilly morning yin practice, "Heavenly Hunks" oatmeal chocolate chip gluten free cookies, and Ellen Barrett's Slim and Sleek Fast for my retro DVDs collection.

Thank you so much, you Heavenly Hunk you. I've been feeling very blue this Christmas season, and struggling in the motivation department, but this was such a huge pick me up and I thank you for it.

Namaste! It was so nice chatting with you on the Zoom meet-up, too.
Pat, you are very welcome! I had a lot of fun picking out your gifts and crocheting your scarf. Since it was made from a super bulky yarn and a textured stitch pattern, I was able to zigzag the scarf in the box and use it as a faux "bubble wrap". Those Heavenly Hunk cookies are yummy, and they have other flavors too (but the oatmeal chocolate chip ones are my favorite). And I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else on the Zoom chat, too! I'd love to do another one.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 09:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Garrie, I loved how you used the scarf to reduce packaging, too! Plus it smells a little bit like all those lovely aromas.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021 holiday thank you, holiday exchange thanks, holiday gift exchange, vf get-together