Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-14, 07:22 AM  
juberann

Question regarding Debbie Siebers Slim Series...?

So, I know Slim in Six was refilmed awhile back but what about the Slim Series workouts? The followup? I looked on the Beachbody site and the covers for Slim Series look new but I don't remember ever hearing that those six were ever redone and updated.
I just purchased the updated Slim in Six workouts so wondering if all of them were reshot? SO looking forward to doing these again. Got rid of them awhile back and have regretted it ever since. I see the new ones are shorter especially Start It Up and Ramp It Up, or am I just imagining it? Thanks for the info!!!!
Old 11-16-14, 08:08 AM  
Tugger31

I haven't read anywhere that the Slim Series workouts were reshot/changed. I think they just freshened up the covers for marketing purposes is my guess.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I don't think they were re-filmed either, but I would love new workouts from Debbie Siebers in the Slim Series vein. I still love them and just recently used Keep It Up and Ramp It Up and decided to put a few of the longer ones into my schedule over the next few weeks. I used ankle weights on the floor work and sometimes I up my weights instead of using the band. Great workouts still. I think Ramp It Up clocked in at 54 minutes. I haven't done Start It Up in quite awhile but that one is definitely shorter than the original.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 10:38 AM  
violingal3

Nope, same old Slim Series as before.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Judy! I am just finishing a month of Slim Series & Slim in 6 together. I have done the SS workouts more than the SI6 ones. I understand that SI6 has been redone as Start it Up used to be much longer than the 25 min one I have. I don't believe SS has been redone, of the five workouts Shape it Up and Tear it Up are 78 min. The others are just under an hour. I have really enjoyed this rotation and would love it if Debbie did another series. She is so likeable and low key, and the workouts are great!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 02:50 PM  
juberann

78 minutes?? WOW, those two are long ones! Are they chaptered at all so you and skip and shorten if need be? And Pam......do you have a rotation calendar combining both Slim in Six and Slim Series? I ordered both brand new so I am thinking I will get the calendars but wonder where I can find one that combines the two?
Old 11-16-14, 03:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Judy, I don't have a calendar that combines the two, but some vfers on the All my Workouts Check in were doing rotations using both. Here is DejaDeb's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post

SUN: Start It Up
MON: Ramp It Up
TUE: Firm It Up
WED: Shape It Up
THU: Tone It Up
FRI: Tear It Up
SAT: Burn It Up
SUN: Cool It Off
MON: Keep It Up

I'll fit Six-Pack Abs and Slim & Limber in where I can!
I only had SS when I started this one month rotation and have subbed in some SI6 half way through. Here is the SS 4 week rotation I am following:
Day 1 - Shape it Up
Day 2 - Firm it Up - subbed in Start it Up once
Day 3 - Mix it Up - subbed in Ramp it Up once
Day 4 - Cool it Off - I have been subbing my own yoga in here
Day 5 - Tone it Up
Day 6 - Tear it Up - subbed in Burn it Up once
Day 7 - rest
I will be finished my 4 weeks on Tuesday. I haven't done Slim & Limber, Slim in 6 Pack, or Cool it off.

[EDIT] No they aren't chaptered but you could easily use your remote to skip a segment you didn't want to do. I did that with push ups as I don't like them and I do lots of swimming to compensate.

I hope you like them! They are keepers for me and I can see myself doing a 4 week rotation on a regular basis.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 04:45 PM  
juberann

Thanks yogapam!!!
Old 11-17-14, 08:44 AM  
goldengirl

I've had this link saved for a long time. This thread has inspired me to finally try it.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect...ssage/32990538
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 11:58 AM  
SueT

For those who have both the old and the re-filmed Slim in 6, what are the differences between the two sets? I know that the new Start It Up is shorter, but what are the differences between Ramp It Up and Burn It Up? I only have the older set, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the newer set.

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, slim in 6, slim in 6 (2010), slim series