Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-14, 11:42 PM  
holliholli915

I'm Bringing Taebo Back. There, I Said It.

So, I have been doing TA for several months now and was really looking for a different kind of cardio. So, two weeks ago, I decided to give Taebo a try. I couldn't have been more shocked by how sore my abs were immediately following the workout. Also, my arms were screaming...and, I've been doing TA. Plus, my legs were on fire. All of this surprised me because I had been working out with TA for a while. But, I guess, working your arms/abs/thighs/butt simultaneously for an hour is better than doing that in 15 minute segments.

The even crazier part is that Billy did all fours work that was very similar to TA and some of his roundhouse kicks (and other moves) in slo-mo reminded me of what TA does in attitude. I found that I was able to bring a dancer style and technique to many of his moves. The best part of all is that I lost 11 very stubborn pounds in the last two weeks.

I only did Taebo four days with these results as opposed to six days with TA for two hours each day. Whaaa??? Who knew these kinds of results could be achieved with Billy. It's no wonder there was a craze in the 90's and early 00's!! I'm hooked and I'm bringing Billy back, at least in my rotation.

Now that I'm obsessed, can anyone recommend great Taebo workouts? I'm using a few on YouTube, Fat Blasting Cardio, Get Ripped! and Ultimate Taebo.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 01:06 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I love Tae Bo! Congrats on your results! That's awesome!! I also like his Tae Bo Bootcamp Cardio Inferno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x640lbMucc I should do his workouts more often though! There are a bunch of his workouts on youtube.

I also have been considering getting his Tae Bo Pt 24/7 set now that the price have dropped so much, it looks like a fun set to me.

Eta: I also like his Amped workouts.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 01:14 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I've been on a Tae Bo kick (no pun intended) here recently too!! I'm trying to acquire some more DVDs than what I already have, but I do have a decent amount already. Billy really does cover everything from head to toe if you choose the right workouts.
Old 09-15-14, 01:58 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I've been on a Tae Bo kick (no pun intended) here recently too!! I'm trying to acquire some more DVDs than what I already have, but I do have a decent amount already. Billy really does cover everything from head to toe if you choose the right workouts.
I agree!

I'd like to get his new platinum collection.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 04:52 AM  
JessicaW

I love the workouts and used to do them all the time. But then I hit a wall and couldn't get past the incessant counting. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Every time I re-visit Tae Bo now, I hope that the counting won't bug me but it still does I wish they wouldn't count. Oh, well...
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 06:10 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm a big Tae Bo fan too even though I don't do it very often anymore (huge collection means no one gets done very often ). I really enjoy the PT 24/7 workouts. The counting doesn't bug me but the uneven reps per side does irritate me, but I love Billy's spirit and energy so I forgive him.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 06:34 AM  
Tugger31

I did Tae Bo eons ago but the kicks were too fast and it bothered my knees. I know I can slow down the reps but has he put out anything relatively new that isn't so frantic?? I loved the energy of the workouts.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 06:49 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I like Taebo too. Must revisit them again.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 07:13 AM  
wlorrie

I've been doing Taebo too, and I really love what it does for my abs. Nothing targets that area like Taebo!
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 07:40 AM  
bubbles76

I was a tae bo fiend, and got on really late (around 2006?2007?). I credit tae bo and Jari Love with getting me in the best shape ever (next to Cathe's Xtrain). However, the incessant counting and fast reps got to me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo