Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > VFer News & Events

Old 04-22-09, 12:34 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Elizabeth said there are 9 VFers signed up.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 07:37 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I can't believe our class is tomorrow! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I mentioned over in GD that maybe we should all wear something red so we'll know who in the class is from VF.
Old 04-29-09, 10:54 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

It's been 4 days since our get-together, but I think I still remember the details .

As always with VF get-togethers, the best part was meeting fellow VFers. It's great to be able to put a face to a name and get to know people in a way that goes beyond posting on the internet.

The class had about 20 people including 9 VFers. Ashley was our instructor and Christine was her assistant. The class moved at a fast pace, and we did exercises at the barre and on the floor. I know that if I went to Physique 57 two or three times per week, I'd be in amazing shape. It really targets women's trouble areas, especially the abs, butt and thighs. I can see how Kelly Ripa is in such great shape doing this plus running.

The class is like a non-stop Lotte Berk class. They do different types of squats and plies, standing leg lifts, push-up variations, and for abs, various types of leg lifts on the floor, planks, and they use props including a rubber ball (which you use between the knees during various exercises and also for leaning against the barre), a strap (which you use to help with stretches as well as holding at the barre for various leg and ab exercises), mat, and dumbbells. I liked the cushion that they use which is a few inches high and helps ease tension on the back during ab exercises.

The music during the class was great, and helped motivate to get through the last torturous reps. The day after the class (Sunday), I felt some DOMS in my calves, hamstrings and lower abs. I was surprised that I didn't have DOMS anywhere else, because I felt like the class worked everything else thoroughly (especially the quads).

We have the opportunity to go back for a second class, so hopefully we can plan another date that is convenient for all of us.

As for Physique 57 DVDs, I know that they ARE planning to make some!
Old 04-29-09, 02:08 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe View Post
As for Physique 57 DVDs, I know that they ARE planning to make some!
Woo Hoo!!
Old 04-29-09, 02:43 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Well, I didn't have the same "no-DOMS" affect like Abbe did!!!! I had some MAJOR DOMS in my butt area for at least 3 days afterwards!!! Yowza!

Abbe did a perfect job of explaining everything so I won't go any further on that, except to say that I totally agree that if one was to do this like 3x a week, you would be in TERRIFIC shape!

Silly me, I did not even THINK to bring a bottled water with me during class and boy, was I sorry! I'm not sure if it was because it was like the first hot day of the year or just that there had been other "sweaty" classes prior to ours - or maybe that I'm menopausal??? - but either way, I was one sweaty mess afterwards!

You are moving non-stop from the beginning to the end - for instance, you'll do sets and sets of leg lifts at the barre, and then bounce down to the floor and do some pretzel moves, bounce back up for squeezing the ball between your legs at the barre and then back down for sets of pushups.

And the only time you're to get your own equipment is at the beginning when they request you to pick out two sets of weights, one heavier and one lighter. Otherwise, there is an assistant who walks around the room and basically picks up anything that won't be of use anymore once a segment is over. She also will come over and make any subtle corrections you might have with form.

All in all, I'm looking forward to going back for my second class. However, this time I'll get myself more prepared with doing iballets, Pure Barre, etc. in anticipation of it.

Whenever you guys are ready for the second class, let me know!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 02:46 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

I might add that about 8 of us went out for a drink/bite to eat afterwards at a place across the street. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared for the hot weather EITHER as we ended up sitting there fanning ourselves in desperate attempts to not faint!

I don't know about anyone else's food (the spinach burger looked good!), but my carrot juice was AWFUL.

So my only request is if we go out to for a bite afterwards again, that we go SOMEWHERE ELSE!

AND I'll make sure my camera works this time!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 03:34 PM  
twodiffsocks

Hi Ya'll,

i had some DOMS in my quads even tho i took breaks cos at one point my leg was shaking something furiously and i was afraid i'd collapse onto the floor!

I do hope to do the second class as well as a non-stuffy place to eat. My portobella sandwich was very yummy

Thanks to Sanchiababy for a new recipe. Have a great day ya'll!

"There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
I got bills to pay,
I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down,
I can't hold back,
Though you know, I wish I could.
No there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good".
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked -Cage The Elephant

"I dare you to do better." Christopher Pike
Start Trek {2009}

twodiffsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 03:56 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Sorry about the restaurant. Terri, I told you to get some apple juice for that carrot juice! Next time we'll find a better place with air conditioning and good juice .

I want to go back for the second class soon!
Old 05-01-09, 04:31 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Should we tentatively plan for Saturday, September 12th for the second class? The 19th is also a possibility. That would take us almost to 6 months from the first class.
Old 05-01-09, 06:50 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Sounds good to me! I will pencil in the date.
Something to look forward to when summer is over
Barb

Tags
vf get-together