Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-26-22, 09:04 PM  
gigi

Hey Wendy! I'm back! I'll "see" you tomorrow when I check in!
Old 06-27-22, 05:41 PM  
wendug

Angela- I hope you had fun on your vacation!

Today's workout- DC Fitt- Full body strength & cardio 2-1-none format. I really like this format from Deanna. She messed up one of the circuits and did an extra round, so I had to switch up one of the exercises so I wasn't uneven. I like DC Fitt's workouts as she talks through the workouts and gives form pointers, and there's no music. After doing the Tracy Steen workout yesterday, I'm realizing that a ton of the YT instructors use the same cheesy music I get really tired of hearing!
Old 06-27-22, 09:08 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Angela- I hope you had fun on your vacation!

Today's workout- DC Fitt- Full body strength & cardio 2-1-none format. I really like this format from Deanna. She messed up one of the circuits and did an extra round, so I had to switch up one of the exercises so I wasn't uneven. I like DC Fitt's workouts as she talks through the workouts and gives form pointers, and there's no music. After doing the Tracy Steen workout yesterday, I'm realizing that a ton of the YT instructors use the same cheesy music I get really tired of hearing!
I agree with the very cheesy music but I have to have some kind of music playing when I workout. I did a growwithjo workout to warm up and to get my heart rate up a bit: Get Hype Dance Party. It was really fun and had great music. It got my heart rate up and warmed me up for Iron Series, Day 15: Shoulders. I think the break from working out did me good. I start week 4 tomorrow!
Old 06-28-22, 07:16 PM  
wendug

No workout for me today other than walking. My legs are fried from yesterday's workout. So many goblet squats with one heel raised, so both my quads and hamstrings are sore. My body just told me no to a workout today, so I listened.
Old 06-28-22, 08:29 PM  
gigi

Good job listening to your body! I felt I came back stronger after a few days off while on vacation. Tonight I did Fit By Rick 18 Minute Speed Walk and Iron Series Day 16 Hamstrings, Hip Extension, and Flexion. I'm really amazed at how less of a dread factor there is and how I've improved on so many exercises I previously loathed!
Old 06-29-22, 05:23 PM  
wendug

I didn't know what workout to do today, and saw this on my YT list- Fitness w/PJ- 5000ish steps low impact workout. So much better than Leslie Sansone. She actually moves you in all different directions so your hips get a decent workout. More difficult, too. I worked up a decent sweat.

It's already the end of June and I have no idea what I want to do for workouts in July. Stick with lighter weight workouts? Do more pilates (LOL, I RARELY do pilates!)? Bodyweight exercises? Ugh. I have some thinking to do!
Old 06-29-22, 08:21 PM  
gigi

I just subscribed to PJ's channel. I like her introduction video! Just keep moving Wendy!

I did CDornder Fitness 30 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Tabata Workout. It was really fun and the music was nice and loud. In on tabata section she used light weights but I did not since I followed it up with Iron Day 17: Complete Upper Body Workout. I did skull crushers with 12's as my staple instead of tricep dips. I cannot do tricep dips without hurting my shoulders so, no can do. I tried 20's for the arnold presses but I had to drop to 15's after trying one rep. I can use a 20 when it is one side at a time with one leg kneeling but not for both sides standing. One thing I know, I am stronger, including my lower back. I did not have issues with my lower legs during the cardio and I believe that is due to all the lunges and bulgarian lunges in the Iron Series!
Old 06-30-22, 05:41 PM  
wendug

Angela- I'll always keep moving, even if I don't have a plan. I exercise more for my mental health than anything. It helps keep me sane and I sleep much better.

Today's workout- DC Fitt- Low Impact Upper Body Strength & Cardio- No Repeat. I've done enough of Deanna's workouts to know to go heavier than she does. She grabs 15's, I grab my 20's, etc. I'm still lifting a decent poundage for weight work, but still not as much as if I was doing a Lift w/Cee or CG workout.
Old 06-30-22, 08:25 PM  
gigi

I did not workout today. I will get back on track tomorrow!
Old 07-01-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Happy July! Since I hit my upper body yesterday, I wanted to get some lower body work in today. I did KCM- Cardio Fit workout 1. She alternates between kickboxing and lower body work w/dumbbells. I then added on KCM- Stronger/Leaner Lower from Body Design (15 minutes). This is a great add on as it has traditional dumbbell lower body moves and then she moves to barre moves with ankle weights. I rarely do Barre, but every time I do it I think I need to do it more often as I really feel those pulsing moves!

I wanted to add that I wore a pair of shorts today that I bought 2 years ago that were uncomfortably snug when I bought them. They fit great today even though I'm 4 pounds heavier than 2 years ago. My hips/saddlebags have definitely slimmed down! When you lift weights, don't trust the scale!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts