Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-22, 08:39 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

BPM's Cathe uses for her dvd step workouts

I am wanting to try & make up my own step workout, but I don't know what bpm's music to use. Does anyone know what Cathe uses? I am talking about her dvd workouts, I find her live workouts a little fast (but if someone knows those bpm's, maybe I can get more used to it, too. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 06:54 PM  
Gams

I don’t have any of Cathe’s step workouts, but have you thought of checking with some of the workout music companies? Some even have the music separated by type of workout.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 07:09 PM  
sbh

This is how we did it when I was training to be an instructor.

https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-th...ing-BPM-by-Ear
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 04:26 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
This is how we did it when I was training to be an instructor.

https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-th...ing-BPM-by-Ear

Thanks, I will have to try it.

Gams, different instructors use different bumps for their step workouts. Catherine uses bpm's slightly higher than other instructors.

BTW, I was watching one of Jrnny Ford's YouTube step workouts, & she said she was using 130 bpm's.

Old 01-23-22, 05:14 AM  
Gams

Right - I just thought it would be an easy way to pick out music instead of having to figure out bpm on your own because they list the bpm for all the music and you could pick a few to try and see what bpm you’d be most comfortable with.

I always figure out bpm on walking workouts because I like the faster walks. One of the reasons I don’t do Jenny’s walks more often is that 130 bpm is a little slow for me. And all her walks seem to be the same bpm - I was hoping she would vary it some in her Walk Across America set. I know now which Leslie and Jessica walks go over 140 bpm.

When I was teaching ramping and using music from the fitness companies, I found that music faster than 140 bpm worked best.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 03:30 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Right - I just thought it would be an easy way to pick out music instead of having to figure out bpm on your own because they list the bpm for all the music and you could pick a few to try and see what bpm you’d be most comfortable with.

I always figure out bpm on walking workouts because I like the faster walks. One of the reasons I don’t do Jenny’s walks more often is that 130 bpm is a little slow for me. And all her walks seem to be the same bpm - I was hoping she would vary it some in her Walk Across America set. I know now which Leslie and Jessica walks go over 140 bpm.

When I was teaching ramping and using music from the fitness companies, I found that music faster than 140 bpm worked best.
I am hoping to use free music from YouTube. There is quite a bit of it, & it even comes up when I search for a specific bpm. Once I have figured out what bpm and have built my workout, I might buy some good music from one of the companies.

I am only doing this for my own entertainment. I could never be an instructor. #1 I am too shy, #2 I couldn't coordinate queing while moving & #3 I get out of breath just sitting & talking that much! My sister was a really tough (but still fun & funny) aerobics instructor, but she died at 40 of a brain tumor.

I hadn't noticed Jenny's walking to be so slow, but I usually do her workouts when I'm too tired to do much else. I used to hate when Leslie goes really fast, but I have gotten used to them since doing her workouts every Monday.

Tags
cathe, cathe step, step bpm