Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-21, 04:07 PM  
MARIKA

WOOHOO! Good news. I'm on day 21 Of Epic 3 so this will come at just the right time.
Old 10-18-21, 07:11 PM  
gigi

I gave it up. I will be curious to hear what others think and if people stick with it the whole time. I started a new job where I have to leave very early and travel a bit more than usual. I'm a special education teacher and had 9 meetings in September while learning a lot of new technology. I ended up doing 2 or 3 workouts most week, so I should have been done a long time ago. This week, I just had no desire to do the program anymore and missed some of my other instructors. This could very much have to do with the fact that I did not do the workouts as scheduled and should have been done weeks ago. I can't wait to hear what everyone else things about this program!

What I like:
  • I learned how to stabilize my shoulders and core and how to do some animal moves that I could never do because of my left shoulder.
  • There was time to recover, which I think actually made my performance stronger.
  • Sometimes I really enjoyed Amoila and he made me laugh out loud. Sometimes his instruction was very helpful and I learned something.
  • Mobility was great and the 45 minute length was great as well.

What I didn't like:

Same exact warm ups with slight variations and Amoila demonstrated every, single, time....even after 4 weeks of doing them.

Amoila talked too much and sometimes the last round of exercises was cut short and I sometimes yelled, "CAN WE BEGIN NOW?????"

One of the cast members got on my very last nerve...not her fault, everything about her bugged me...LOL!

Amoila could not count to save his life. He would supposedly change the tempo, count different, yet you were still doing the same tempo.
Old 10-19-21, 08:36 AM  
laurajhawk

Angela, I want to encourage you not to feel like you "should have" done the program faster or like you failed because you didn't do 90 days of workouts. I do programs/rotations that way all the time - fitting them to my schedule, and then just doing them until I'm compelled to switch to something else. I think there's a lot of value in that, because you're making the program fit your needs. With Beachbody programs especially, you can feel a bit like the "odd one out" doing that, because they talk to you on the video as if you're doing the program as written, but really that's a huge benefit of video fitness, doing it the way it suits you.

I will probably try 645 when it comes out, because I'm retiring next month and will have time for more than the 30-minute workouts I've been favoring for the last several years. But I'll be really surprised if I do 90 days of one rotation! With these new BB programs where there's a different workout every day - like LIIFT4, which is one of my favorites - I'll often do it till I'm ready to move on, then when I come back to the program weeks or months later, I'll pick up where I left off in order to get the different workouts.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 05:38 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Angela, I want to encourage you not to feel like you "should have" done the program faster or like you failed because you didn't do 90 days of workouts. I do programs/rotations that way all the time - fitting them to my schedule, and then just doing them until I'm compelled to switch to something else. I think there's a lot of value in that, because you're making the program fit your needs. With Beachbody programs especially, you can feel a bit like the "odd one out" doing that, because they talk to you on the video as if you're doing the program as written, but really that's a huge benefit of video fitness, doing it the way it suits you.

I will probably try 645 when it comes out, because I'm retiring next month and will have time for more than the 30-minute workouts I've been favoring for the last several years. But I'll be really surprised if I do 90 days of one rotation! With these new BB programs where there's a different workout every day - like LIIFT4, which is one of my favorites - I'll often do it till I'm ready to move on, then when I come back to the program weeks or months later, I'll pick up where I left off in order to get the different workouts.
Congratulations on retiring!!! Thank you for your words. I'm enjoying my workouts again! I really look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.
Old 10-20-21, 01:27 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
OLD THREAD ALERT
I just saw a post from Amoila on Facebook saying that "645 will officially be available for everyone on Beachbody On Demand Member Library November 19th!"

That should be good timing for me to try it.
I'm currently doing a second round of The Work, so that will take me right up to the 645 release! I never did pay for early access to 645 and at one point it just made more sense to wait for wider availability.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 02:21 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I gave it up. I will be curious to hear what others think and if people stick with it the whole time. I started a new job where I have to leave very early and travel a bit more than usual. I'm a special education teacher and had 9 meetings in September while learning a lot of new technology. I ended up doing 2 or 3 workouts most week, so I should have been done a long time ago. This week, I just had no desire to do the program anymore and missed some of my other instructors. This could very much have to do with the fact that I did not do the workouts as scheduled and should have been done weeks ago. I can't wait to hear what everyone else things about this program!

What I like:
  • I learned how to stabilize my shoulders and core and how to do some animal moves that I could never do because of my left shoulder.
  • There was time to recover, which I think actually made my performance stronger.
  • Sometimes I really enjoyed Amoila and he made me laugh out loud. Sometimes his instruction was very helpful and I learned something.
  • Mobility was great and the 45 minute length was great as well.

What I didn't like:

Same exact warm ups with slight variations and Amoila demonstrated every, single, time....even after 4 weeks of doing them.

Amoila talked too much and sometimes the last round of exercises was cut short and I sometimes yelled, "CAN WE BEGIN NOW?????"

One of the cast members got on my very last nerve...not her fault, everything about her bugged me...LOL!

Amoila could not count to save his life. He would supposedly change the tempo, count different, yet you were still doing the same tempo.
I know what cast member you池e speaking of. She bugged me in the preview workout I did.

This program is 90 days? I知 wrapping up 80DO next week and not sure I could do a 90 day rotation

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 01:19 PM  
LoveVA

I just finished my second round of The Work. I'll start 645 tomorrow and post my thoughts as they come to me.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 02:08 PM  
momofcha

I keep wanting to try this, but I知 afraid the pace will be too slow. I知 starting Job1 on Monday. That will get me through the holidays with 20 minute workouts! I値l revisit this in January. I did do two of the mobility days and did enjoy those, but the pace was slow so I知 not sure how that would work for me in the actual workouts

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 08:45 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I just finished my second round of The Work. I'll start 645 tomorrow and post my thoughts as they come to me.
Do tell!
Old 12-05-21, 08:47 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I keep wanting to try this, but I知 afraid the pace will be too slow. I知 starting Job1 on Monday. That will get me through the holidays with 20 minute workouts! I値l revisit this in January. I did do two of the mobility days and did enjoy those, but the pace was slow so I知 not sure how that would work for me in the actual workouts
The pace is slow. This program (though I did not finish) helped me correct some imbalances and think through proper form. I was also able to do animal moves with correct form when previously I'd give up due to my left shoulder hurting and not being strong enough.

Tags
645, 645 amoila cesar, amoila cesar, bbod, beachbody