Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-21, 03:31 PM  
bubbles76

Has anyone tried Cathe's resistance tubing? I am considering those over the Bodylastics as I hate switching out handles. I just don't know if Cathe bands have the antisnap. Bodylastics bands did last forever.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 05:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Has anyone tried Cathe's resistance tubing? I am considering those over the Bodylastics as I hate switching out handles. I just don't know if Cathe bands have the antisnap. Bodylastics bands did last forever.
I don't know what antisnap looks like? I am very pleased with the resistance tubes with handles and have used them many times. I got the set and we use all four for different exercises. The handles are comfortable and swivel.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 06:29 AM  
pharma_gal

Anyone know when the presale for the packages will end? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 08:24 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I think someone said at least a month. She usually will update when it gets close.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 09:42 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
pharmagal the current price on bundles is supposed to be valid for a month from April 28 per Nancy Pollock at Cathe customer service

..not sure if bundles continue after that at all..

or if they continue, but at a higher price.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 07:15 PM  
jordan

Some advice would be helpful please.
I want to pre-order because at first glance the workouts seem interesting. However, that extra 12.00 for shipping pushed the price to where I had to consider if I would get enough use out of the workouts. I have never enjoyed using band and tubing total body workouts. I like using loops though for lower body. In an effort to give resistance tubing exercises another try, I bought Cathe’s resistance tubes a few months ago before these workouts were announced. But haven’t used them yet and have multiple sets of bands, loops, xerings and a set of pull up assist bands all of which I do like & use when required. If I decide not to get one of the Best Buy packages is it possible to use the items I already have until I decide if I like this type of training or do I need these particular bands and loops to get a real feel for the workouts? I really do feel that I’m ready to try something new and maybe this is it...... What to do...what to do

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 10:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
If I decide not to get one of the Best Buy packages is it possible to use the items I already have until I decide if I like this type of training or do I need these particular bands and loops to get a real feel for the workouts?
I'm going this route. i already have the fabric booty bands (different brand from amazon). i only needed the long bands, but Cathe's prices are just too expensive, plus the shipping.

so i just ordered the DVDs with $5 1st Class USPS shipping.

for the "Boss Bands Total Body Workout" that uses the longer bands, i plan to try the workout with my Beachbody resistance tubes with handles, and then decide if i want to buy a similar product as Cathe's from Amazon.

for the loop workout, i can definitely use what i already have.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 05:24 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I'm going this route. i already have the fabric booty bands (different brand from amazon). i only needed the long bands, but Cathe's prices are just too expensive, plus the shipping.

so i just ordered the DVDs with $5 1st Class USPS shipping.

for the "Boss Bands Total Body Workout" that uses the longer bands, i plan to try the workout with my Beachbody resistance tubes with handles, and then decide if i want to buy a similar product as Cathe's from Amazon.

for the loop workout, i can definitely use what i already have.
So I considered just ordering the loops with the Glutes & Core DVD and waiting on the other DVD & bands but the shipping was just a couple cents less than ordering both DVDs plus bands & loops. Still deciding

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 02:33 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I was going to preorder the bands & dvd's, then I saw the price--and that was without the shipping. For me would be about $10 more, making the grand total about $70. For me, that's steep for 2 dvd's & bands, mainly because I don't know how much I will use them.

I do see some interesting moves, but I have been doing my own thing for strength workouts, but I think I need to add some of my strength dvd's back in for better health & fitness gains. I have been sort of going through the motions for a little long now. Could these dvd's inspire me or do I wait until I add what I have back before getting them?

Do you think Mary will get the bands? I'm thinking she will get the dvd's, but Cathe may be the only one to sell these bands--although doesn't Cathe have an Amazon store where she sells her fitness equipment?

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 02:41 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
doesn't Cathe have an Amazon store where she sells her fitness equipment?
yes, she does and i'm sure the new dvds and bands will make there way over to amazon one day. i've found that with coupons things and up being cheaper to buy from Cathe instead of Amazon and certainly her pre-order price has always been the cheapest way to go.

this would have been a no brainer for lots of us had the shipping been free. once your customer base gets used to free shipping it becomes a shock when it's not free.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss bands, boss bands total body, boss loops, boss loops glutes core, cathe, cathe equipment, cathe presale