Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-18, 12:20 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sorry Scorpio, that was me.

I should have specified "food sources of calcium" or something like that. For those of us who cannot eat dairy, it can be a concern.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 12:26 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Upon reflection, not only am I impressed at your results, I am totally impressed with your GYN.

I can't get doctors to call me back with results. Ever. I have to call and call, over and over again for weeks and hope to actually talk to a person.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 04:51 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Nice!!!!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 06:33 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Scorpio, congratulations on your great bone density results! Yes, please tell us how you did it.

Also, if you don't mind, please share your height, weight, and frame size (small, medium, large), because those factors make a big difference in one's bone density, apart from your exercise routine.

I'm also 70 and have very low bone density and it's worse than when it was first measured about 14 years ago. I'm 5'4" tall, weigh 118 lbs, and have a small frame. I've never weighed more than 125 and have never had children. The endocrinologist I saw 14 years ago said it's very possible I've never had very high bone density to begin with and that this was normal for me. Carrying extra weight improves bone density. (One of the downsides to being slim, folks.) I read somewhere that a weight below 130-135 lbs is a risk factor for osteoporosis.

I still want to know what you're doing to get such great results. We can all work on improving our strength, flexibility, and balance and reduce our risks of falling.

Yours in fitness and health.

Ann
This for me. I think it would be helpful to have a bone density test in your 30s for a real comparison later. I'm petite, small framed, and have mild osteopenia. I ate healthy growing up and have lifted weights for a long time. I have to wonder if my bone density is somewhat normal for my body type.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bone density, dexa, osteopenia, osteoporosis