Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-14, 06:59 PM  
imhere2dance

I may have asked this in another thread a long time ago, but what are some of the easier/more "beginner" Tae Bo workouts? I have Tae Bo Flex, Believer's Workout: The Strength Within, and Billy's Bootcamp: Ab Bootcamp.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 12:51 PM  
juberann

imheretodance.....There is a new TaeBo being released soon that is Basic and Low Impact, designed for beginners, people recovering from an injury or someone just getting into fitness. Release date is November 30th but not sure when it will go retail. It can be ordered right from the TaeBo website for now....
Old 11-19-14, 12:57 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm actually interested in the T3 Transformation set since Judy says it is slower and more controlled. I have trouble with the fast pace of Tae Bo at times. Any others I should look into along the slower, more controlled lines but still challenging? TIA
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-14, 02:26 AM  
juberann

summer breeze...T3 is more controlled but does have the bursts of cardio like most if his workouts. I still feel the T3 workouts are a little more mild, though. The older Flex and Flex Express workouts are done slower with static holding of some moves. Harder then you might imagine, trust me
Old 11-22-14, 09:49 AM  
jerebo

Thanks to this thread, I've checked out some of the Taebo workouts available on YouTube. Last night I did one that was a compilation of lower-body portions of Taebo. I was dripping sweat by the end! The counting didn't bother me (all the better to avoid extra/uneven reps). I'm not sore (yet), but felt like I got a good cardio workout.
Old 11-22-14, 01:54 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
imheretodance.....There is a new TaeBo being released soon that is Basic and Low Impact, designed for beginners, people recovering from an injury or someone just getting into fitness. Release date is November 30th but not sure when it will go retail. It can be ordered right from the TaeBo website for now....
Have you seen any clips of it? I've searched and haven't found any.
Old 11-22-14, 05:56 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
summer breeze...T3 is more controlled but does have the bursts of cardio like most if his workouts. I still feel the T3 workouts are a little more mild, though. The older Flex and Flex Express workouts are done slower with static holding of some moves. Harder then you might imagine, trust me
Sounds great, Judy. Thank you so much.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-14, 04:19 PM  
juberann

Carol.....just a VERY brief clip that is on his taebo website......the new set is really nice but it was literally under a minute long. No real indication of what the workout is like.
I actually did TaeBo Funk from the T3 series. It got terrible reviews and if you are looking for serious TaeBo, this ain't the one for you. But I actually had fun doing it!! Lots and lots of showboating by Billy and at one point he tears his shirt off but the energy is SO high when he does it I didn't even care. If I was a guy his age and had a body like his, I would be ripping my shirt off, too. Not sure I would actually recommend Funk to anyone but if you go into it with a completely open mind and ready for a NON serious workout, you might want to try it.
Old 11-23-14, 07:39 PM  
Anny

Judy, on your recommendation:-) I did a T3 workout from YouTube yesterday. It was one of the 56 min ones (Dedication?) and I agree, it was more controlled and slower. Good for an easier workout I think. There were cardio bursts however and many reps for the upper body with light weights. My arms were fried! And I liked that, I'm getting some nice toned arms from Taebo!
Old 11-23-14, 10:46 PM  
juberann

That's my favorite workout from that series!! Glad you liked it, Anny!! I agree, GREAT arm work in Dedication.

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo