Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-14, 07:15 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
This thread inspired me to do Tae Bo Rockin Buns today!! Haven't done this one in a few years. Still a really good lower body workout. I'm actually feeling the DOMs already.
Do they do floor work in this one?

I have had upper body DOMS every day since starting the basic rotation. I have been using #8 weights in my other workouts but didn't get DOMS. I'm using weighted gloves, #1, #2, & #3 weights in these and have DOMS. Go figure.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 01:19 PM  
smilesolovely

Hi Diana! He does a short floor segment towards the end. This one's on youtube too!
Old 11-17-14, 01:40 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I have had upper body DOMS every day since starting the basic rotation. I have been using #8 weights in my other workouts but didn't get DOMS. I'm using weighted gloves, #1, #2, & #3 weights in these and have DOMS. Go figure.
I can definitely relate. Tae Bo workouts are really the first ones where I truly get DOMS. With other workouts, I've generally just ended up with muscle fatigue.
Old 11-18-14, 04:21 AM  
juberann

Another one here who can relate to DOMS after TaeBo. However, its mild and doesn't get in the way of my daily activities. I love that. I am one of those people who has no desire at all to be in so much pain the next day that I can't move, that turns me away instantly from the workout that caused it. Billy's armwork is more effective for me then heavy weight training ever was without the joint pain.
Just started the T3 Transformation workouts and love them!! Am up to Dedication and love the slower,deeper,more controlled movements in this series. Billy is a bit of a show off in these but I figure if ya got it,flaunt it. He looks amazing for his age so show it off, Billy. There is a huge fun factor in these workouts,too. More "edgy" and slightly dancey. Still TaeBo, just a little attitude in these. FUN,FUN!!!!
Old 11-18-14, 05:17 AM  
Anny

The T3 workouts sound like so much fun.

And I agree about the DOMs....there is something about Taebo that works for me, in losing weight and inches. I'm getting my waist back and some nice toning on my arms
Old 11-18-14, 06:55 AM  
geojill

Tae Bo is something that I would actually do the day after weights to help get rid of DOMS, particularly lower body DOMS. The knee lifts, etc, really work things through. Uneven sides has never bothered me, nor has the counting. And after I had done Tae Bo pretty much exclusively for a couple of years, I never noticed imbalances in my body due to the uneven sides.

I will say I was not a fan of the T3 release. I don't know if it was released and I was looking for something more like the old Live or Get Ripped Advanced or what, but I did not keep that set. It's been hard to warm up to his later stuff, but playing my own music on Pandora has helped tremendously. Makes it much more fun for me

I never really followed a rotation. When I did Tae Bo exclusively I would alternate a strength-based video (i.e. Boot Camps with the bands or Amped) with non-gadget Tae Bo. Sometimes I would alternate between Ultimate Upper Body and Ultimate Lower Body...those are killer! Made up from clips of other old videos, and a good workout
Old 11-18-14, 07:26 AM  
Anny

Jill, GMTA! I used to alternate Ultimate Abs, Ultimate Butt and Ultimate Upper Body for s great rotation. I did Ultimate Lower Body the other day and had DOMs.
Old 11-18-14, 07:59 AM  
Diana3271

I'm not in severe pain, where I can't move, but I can officially say that my DOMS have DOMS! It's not a bad pain. I have had DOMS so bad before that I could barely move. I have DOMS but I'm not tight and stiff. Really different than I have experienced before.

I was concerned about doing this rotation because the workouts are longer than I have been doing recently. I have been busy at work and have been doing shorter workouts. Yesterday I was short on time so I subbed in Turbo Charged Fat Burner. The package says it's 23 minutes but it's actually 32 minutes. It worked good for my schedule since I didn't have time for a 40 or 50 minute workout.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-14, 02:51 PM  
juberann

Diana....Turbo Charged Fat Burner is a great 30 minute workout! I do that one myself when I'm short on time. I agree with you about the DOMS you get from TaeBo. It is different....almost pleasant. Certainly not painful, just a soreness. That works for me because I can't afford to be hurting at work...I am up and down all day and hate being in true pain. Some people crave that type of muscle pain but I think its an unnecessary indicator of a great workout.
Old 11-18-14, 02:58 PM  
juberann

Anny.....I really like T3 but it is quite different from other releases. I even have TaeBo Funk (which got terrible reviews) and went into it with an open mind and a FUN mindset and had a blast. It is NOT serious TaeBo at all.....kind of like Zumba TaeBo. Billy is all attitude in this one and just having fun. He states in the beginning this just needs to be fun so I don't think even he took it seriously. It wasn't meant to be a serious workout. It is truly a blast and I don't like "dancey" workouts. This one l like. Its simple to do, nothing complicated. The background exercisers are clearly having fun. Its a "feel good" workout

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo