Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-23, 03:47 AM  
Helen

Every Day in JUNE!! Bring on the NEW stuff!

Welcome to the "Every Day Check-In"

GROUP
Lately, we've been an awesome foursome but we all love it when newcomers pop in, and even better when they stay.
If you've been hunting for a checkin (a new one, another one, your first one....) - give us a try!

WORKOUTS
We don't focus on any kind of workouts, just daily activity. Something is always better than nothing - there's no pressure to lift or sweat in particular. The focus is to do something related to exercise EVERY DAY.

Anything goes - a simple list of what you've done for the day/week (drive-by posts) through to daily essays that include workouts, life, loves, laughs, and venting are ALL OK.

LEXICON
  • WERD = Well-earned rest day (when your body says to pause, listen)
  • TERD = Totally expected rest day (planned rest, life events, ....)
  • TURD = Totally unexpected rest day (emphasis on singular, but stuff happens y’know?)
  • HERD of TURDS. Usually declared after the 3rd TURD in a row. Physical and mental health are always better with daily movement - be good to yourself and shift that herd!
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 07:06 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

I tune in to see Alice's ever changing hair styles!!!

Thanks Helen for getting us started!

While I'm here (sad, but true):

6/1/2023: REST DAY

(not a good way to start, but hey )

have a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 10:09 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Thank you Helen! Love Alice's new look!

I finished May with nothing but dog walks, so I'm happy to start fresh in June!

6/1 - GHU's Beginner Gold Fat Burning Circuits

Not much, but I ran out of time and Baxter has had a small limp, so no dog walks. He does seem to be okay today, so we'll try later.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 04:54 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I think I have a new favorite ...

Move over ColdPlay ride (or at least make room for another):

6/2/2023: 30 mins. Bruce Springsteen ride with Charlotte Weidenbach (in German)** and then a 10 mins. cool down ride with Charlotte as well.

6/3/2023: Walked at the park for 3 hours chasing pokemon. Not nearly as many steps as I should have gotten, but by golly! I'm counting it!

I started this post this a.m. and forgot about it? or ran out of time or both? Anyway ... here it is.

** even though it's in German, the songs are in English and I used sub titles. I also enjoyed her narration of the ride as well. I hope to go back and do it again.

Have a great day!
Cleda
Old 06-03-23, 07:55 PM  
Helen

Being Sunday, determined to get up to date with doings, and READ with coffee.

with log onscreen!
After a week of WORK (should have taken the week off between Meso 1 & 2 - it ended being between Meso 2 WEEKS 1 & 2

most days, a shorter Alice walk as DH has been taking her for a long one during the day

Sat 27-May STS M2 W2 Chest, Shoudlers, & Triceps
Sun 28-May The Firm - Ignite - Cardio + Sculpt, with Kathryn
Mon 29-May STS M2 W2 Legs
Tue 30-May Cathe - Rockout Knockout - Timesaver 3 (Kickbox Cardio + Kickbox Combos), with Kathryn
Wed 31-May STS M2 W2 Back & Biceps

Thu 1-Jun only Alice's short walk
Fri 2-Jun STS M2 W3 Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps DH left to spend time in Sydney with Cait. She's on stuvac studying, but desparately needs to find a house to rent. He'll hunt houses, make dinners, & be company as Bridget moves out today.
Sat 3-Jun Cathe - Low Impact Series - Turbo Barre - Lower Body Express, with Kathryn + long walk with Alice down town/harbour after dark

Hitting post so I don't lose it, then grabbing that coffe (should be brewed by now) and pause to read.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 06:44 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I got excited when you loved the Bruce ride, but with my set-up, I'm not sure I could even get subtitles. I haven't been drawn to do any rides lately, so I guess it's okay. I did see a Bruce Walk+Run that I will try.
Helen - You're crushing it! I did a Cathe the other day and almost decided to get rid of my whole collection! It was HARD! I am not giving up on her yet, but I need to try more of her shorter pre-mixes.
Waves to Vantreesta and any lurkers!

6/2 - dog walk, Baxter is doing better
Cathe's Cardio Supersets from Low Impact, 41" (I was expecting cardio from the title, but it used weights throughout and some up and down stuff that my knees just don't like).
Lose Belly Fat Low Impact Workout, Petra Genco on YT, 16"
6/3 - dog walk
Bruno Mars Walking W/O, Getfitwithrick, 11"
2 Miles with Jessica from 5 Fat Burning Miles

Margaret Richards was having a sale, so I signed up for 6 months of her streaming Body Electric workouts. I own several of her Unplugged, but they don't have the music, so I'm curious to see what I've been missing. Also, I find her weight workouts very knee friendly.

Old 06-05-23, 06:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Wasn't even thinking

Lili: That you wouldn't get subtitles. I wonder if you could do it without? But then again, I suppose it would then just be a ride with Bruce music! I know I can (almost) count down from 3-2-1 in German now. I too, would like to try the walk/run (Bruce). We'll see.

Helen: What a wonderful help dh will be to your daughter. That's great (But I know you will miss him terribly.)

Waves to Vantreesta!

I'm trying to stay up to date (and trying to keep moving). It's a start! Not sure I can get much worse than May and my multiple rest days!

6/4/2023: 10 mins. Row Drills with Matt (Peloton - on my Hydrow), 20 mins. Disco Ride with Bradley, 30 mins. Harry's House (Lanebreak), 5 mins. Simply Red Cool down ride (Lanebreak).

It all counts. Movin' and groovin'. Now to keep movin!

Make it a great day/week.
Cleda
Old 06-05-23, 04:54 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the holiday weekend with my father-in-law and then Monday drove over to the North Shore and spent Tuesday through Saturday noon in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, canoeing and camping. We hadn't gone since 2019 and it was so good to get out into the wilderness, completely unplugged for a while (although I desperately missed my baseball!). We got home Saturday night and I will not lie, a hot shower, real food and our comfy bed were most welcome! And I made hubby listen to baseball the whole way home. I picked Cyric up yesterday and was so happy to have him back home too. He has been sticking pretty close to me. We really had a nice time. We didn't get to see any moose or bear this time but we did see trumpeter swans, loons, ducks, turtles, a frog, a snake and a very angry red squirrel who we seriously thought was going to jump off the branch onto me! He did not like that I wouldn't let him sneak into our food pack! Oh and the last morning before we headed out we watched a marten swim across the lake and climb up into our campsite. I never knew they look so much like ferrets! It was hot even up there but we only had a little rain so it was nice not to be wet all the time.

Mon 5/29 10 minutes MEMORIAL DAY--UP NORTH
10 minutes (from toe yoga)

Tue 5/30 206 minutes BWCA high 82
206 minutes (from 9.17 mi canoeing & portaging)

Wed 5/31 101 minutes BWCA high 83
101 minutes (from 3.92 mi canoeing & portaging)

Thu 6/1 217 minutes BWCA high 85
217 minutes (from 8.71 mi canoeing & portaging)

Fri 6/2 80 minutes BWCA high 91
80 minutes (from 3.07 mi canoeing & portaging)

Sat 6/3 37 minutes BWCA
37 minutes (from 1.42 mi canoeing & portaging)

Sun 6/4 33 minutes
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
23 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.45 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 07:11 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Sounds like a great week! Portaging is quite a workout! I had to look up martins, never heard of them before. We love spotting wildlife on our hikes, makes it more of an adventure. Squirrels can be quite tenacious, glad yours didn't attack.
Waves to Cleda & Helen!

5/4 - 6 mile hike at Lum's Pond. It was nice to hike somewhere a little different. The Trail Club was doing a hike that morning and we thought about joining them, but then decided to go on our own. We like to stop and look at things, and depending on the hike leader, they can go too fast or too slow or not stop at all.
dog walk
5/52 - Body Electric 1701
20 Min. 90's Walk (treadmill) w/ Jess Sims
shorter dog walk. Baxter seems to be struggling near the end of our usual 1.25 mile walk, so we are trying shorter walks.

Old 06-08-23, 05:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Better check in

Before I get way behind (again!)

Waves to all (no time).

6/5/2023: 30 mins. Pink Ride with CDE, 5 mins. Cool down ride

6/6/2023: New Zealand Row (15 mins) + 5 mins cool down row

6/7/2023: Rest day
(just plain ran out of time! ooops