Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-23, 07:10 PM  
T2B

Hi All,

Another hot day here, and still no rain. We need rain!

I made a trip to Fresh Thyme and bought a new to me watermelon, Black Diamond Seedless. It is so good. Probably the best I’ve had in 3+ years.

Today, STS 2.0: Super Sets Total Body - I loved this! I loved the 3 minute rests and the 8 reps. After the first set of shrugs Cathe made a comment that she hoped we didn’t have our feet on the toe plates, I lol, ‘cause I sure had my feet on the plates. And for some reason ‘toe plates’ make me snicker, every time. I loved the kneeling bicep curls. I love that I am using the same resistance bands and firewalker bands that Cathe is using. Before buying Cathe’s equipment my bands were always too short, too long, or too hard, now I’m able to feel the move with the right amount of resistance. I also loved the kickbacks with the band. I had time to arrange my weights and even put away weights. I used 8#’s for shrugs but next time I think I will skip those and do extra calf raises. P.M. Yv2: Work It Shake it!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 07:57 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I took a rest day yesterday and went to a brewery close to the Shenandoah National Park with some friends. It was a great day--sunny and in the low 70s. We sat outside and looked at the lovely view and listened to live music. DH and I shared a pint of cider and it was quite tasty. We did take a walk around the venue so that counted a little toward my exercise.

T2B - Glad you liked Supersets. I thought it was pretty tough and nice to have a nice long rest after each round. Cathe's equipment really is good.

Karjoy
- Sorry you are still having problems with losing your posts.

Hi to Vannie, Cher and Gibbee.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 01:17 PM  
T2B

Hi,

This morning, TURBO FIRE: Fire 55 + Hiit 25. Mid-morning break, I did TURBO FIRE: Stretch 10. I have enjoyed every Turbo Fire workout during this rotation and I’m sad to see it end, but it’s time to switch it up for a bit. Chalene is fantastic, and the modifier, Ally, is probably one of the best at modifying every Turbo workout.

JBliff - sounds like a lovely day with friends, and a beautiful view.

karjoy - hi!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 06-05-23, 04:52 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the holiday weekend with my father-in-law and then Monday drove over to the North Shore and spent Tuesday through Saturday noon in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, canoeing and camping. We hadn't gone since 2019 and it was so good to get out into the wilderness, completely unplugged for a while (although I desperately missed my baseball!). We got home Saturday night and I will not lie, a hot shower, real food and our comfy bed were most welcome! And I made hubby listen to baseball the whole way home. I picked Cyric up yesterday and was so happy to have him back home too. He has been sticking pretty close to me. We really had a nice time. We didn't get to see any moose or bear this time but we did see trumpeter swans, loons, ducks, turtles, a frog, a snake and a very angry red squirrel who we seriously thought was going to jump off the branch onto me! He did not like that I wouldn't let him sneak into our food pack! Oh and the last morning before we headed out we watched a marten swim across the lake and climb up into our campsite. I never knew they look so much like ferrets! It was hot even up there but we only had a little rain so it was nice not to be wet all the time.

Mon 5/29 10 minutes MEMORIAL DAY--UP NORTH
10 minutes (from toe yoga)

Tue 5/30 206 minutes BWCA high 82
206 minutes (from 9.17 mi canoeing & portaging)

Wed 5/31 101 minutes BWCA high 83
101 minutes (from 3.92 mi canoeing & portaging)

Thu 6/1 217 minutes BWCA high 85
217 minutes (from 8.71 mi canoeing & portaging)

Fri 6/2 80 minutes BWCA high 91
80 minutes (from 3.07 mi canoeing & portaging)

Sat 6/3 37 minutes BWCA
37 minutes (from 1.42 mi canoeing & portaging)

Sun 6/4 33 minutes
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
23 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.45 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 07:33 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, all!

Just a quick drive-by. Been busy here. Brother and family came home this past weekend to see mom before her surgery. I guess the fact that she has diabetes never entered their minds... I can only pray she keeps herA1c low enough.

I tried STS 2.0 Supersets and Giant sets last week. Loved them both. Had hoped to do trisets tomorrow BUT I fell in my driveway yesterday afternoon. Slight sprain in my left wrist and ankle, busted knees (ouch!) and a bruised palm. Had to go to chiropractor today for needling and e-stim on my lower back. It was tight Sunday before my fall but it was just magnified today and spasming. So no weights for a few days.

Miss chatting with you. Will try to get back on in a day or two.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 07:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. A friend talked me into doing a triathlon with a shorter swim in early July
So I went for a short swim today. Felt great!

Gibbee so sorry you fell! Please heal soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that your Mom’s hgba1c is low enough that she can have surgery. Great that you are liking the new Cathe’s.

Vannie I so envy your canoeing and camping trip. Sounds heavenly to be out in the woods and on the water with wildlife. I did not know you were into canoeing.

Jbliff good for you taking a rest day! And for getting out, going to a brewery, and enjoying live music. I’ve heard Shenandoah is just beautiful.

Hi T2B!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 07:44 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Thanks, Karen. I took a muscle relaxant tab last night (one from an older Rx) and it didn't help a thing. Back was seizing up this morning and in the middle of the night. I meet with my 'new' PCP today for a physical. Good timing I suppose. I seriously don't know how Darrell ever handled so many falls without crying. I knew it hurt, but geez!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 03:32 PM  
T2B

This morning, STS 2. 0: Tri Sets Total Body + CIZE: Hold Your Own. Second time doing Tri Sets and I think this is my favorite of the 3 total body w/o’s although I love all three. Giant Sets is in the #3 spot but I’m sure my ranking will change, as I continue. I love, love these workouts! I can feel my body firming up already. I did CIZE afterwards, since it is only 14 minutes, to shake out my muscles.

Tomorrow will be a rest day…

Vannie - glad you had a fabulous time away camping an canoeing.

Gibbee I’m sorry that you fell and then your back was spasming all night. That sucks! Hope you had a good visit your PCP and that your back spasms has eased.

karjoy - doesn’t sound like your friend had to twist your arm too much to get you to do a tri. I think it’s great that you have IRL friends that love exercising as much as you. Do you have a pool or do you swim at a fitness center?

Waves!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 06-06-23, 07:59 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Test post
Old 06-06-23, 08:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Did STS Upper Body 2 tonight. Lots of different exercises, chest combined with triceps, modifications for using DBs instead of BBs, modifications for using tubing. I don’t think Cathe will be able to skip rest periods with weights from now on.