Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-23, 10:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I am so far behind on personals, it’s been a busy week. We are getting organized to head up to the north Island to visit DS2 & DIL. Also getting the house in order, decluttering and put some things away for our first home exchange of the year right after we get back next week. We have 8 nights in Summerland BC in central BC. It’s an area known for hiking, craft beer, fruit, & wine. Really looking forward to enjoying all of the above, and the berries and cherries should be ready.

Margot - So nice to hear from you, West Wales sounds beautiful! We are in Kent for a month starting mid July & are very excited to return to the UK. Epigenetics sounds very interesting! I’ve often thought the effects of environmental exposures are under rated. Interesting insight into Beth’s vertigo and possible connection to the supplement.

Pat - I’m sure your body needed that nap yesterday more than a long workout! So far we are not affected by the smoke other than some haziness in the distance on the mainland. Fingers crossed the fires get under control soon!

Beth, Paine & Vannie - Ugh sorry about the vertigo, that sounds unpleasant and scary!

Vannie - Your camping trip sounds idyllic!

Paine - I love your duck story, so cute!

Carolyn - Nice workouts! Hope you are all moved & settled in for the summer.

Sandra - Have Alyssa and her mom been happily reunited? I’m sure it’s fun to have her, but also nice to return her to her mom.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 12:00 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, our 4 year old grandson will start a pre-kindergarten class this Autumn at the public school in his neighborhood. Our 8 year old grandson is in 2nd grade now.

Beth, my DH and I wanted to give our daughter a family birthday party here at our house but she didn't want one.
I sure hope the "Today's Posts" link will start working again at VF!

Hi Pam!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 11:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Checking in….
~Taught Essentrics, having my classes outside on the deck these days
~seated & reclined yoga on my own
~Upper back/neck acupressure + lumbar spine release on the stability ball

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 06-07-23, 03:15 AM  
Margot

Good morning all!

Yesterday evening I did:
- Beth's lunchtime standing yoga break. I liked the incorporation of the humming at the end.
- MFML Mimi Kuo-Deemer Qigong for an awakened heart

This morning:
- Somatics Daily Routine
- Sandra Hanna's Callanetics recorded class from 7 June
- Karin's Happy Gut Routine. I know the sequence by heart, so it doesn't take me too long to fit this after a workout. I've been doing this regularly to see if it makes a difference to the lengthening of my hip flexors.

I'm planning on doing some gardening this afternoon. I don't mind pottering around if the weather is nice and now some of the veggies we planted are ready for picking, which makes all this hard work worthwhile.

Beth - Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed your meal last night. I'm glad to hear you're not particularly sensitive to light. All the people suffering with migraines who were tested in the class did weaken to 400nm light, which all led to the same root problem and the same remedy. It's easy to speculate looking at the symptoms but it's only really through testing each individual person that you'd be able to get to the bottom of the problem. As we're all connected, it wouldn't be surprising if your recent virus has disturbed your homeostasis in some way. I hope your vertigo was just a one-off. Reading through my notes, it could be a nutritional deficiency, sinusitis, some antibiotics, an issue with peripheral vision which affects the vestibular system; injury or damage to the vestibular system and likely other causes too. Very tricky to diagnose.

Paine - I loved hearing about your duck story too. So cute. I'm sure you will miss your grandson in the Fall. Is he looking forward to school? I remember your elder grandson wasn't too keen. Oh and a belated Happy Birthday to your daughter.

You asked about how I found the solution to my problem. Briefly, we use different diagnostic entry markers (chromosones, dermal layers etc), which should all reveal the same results. Primarily, we're looking for toxins, infections, inflammation, hypoxia, cranial faults, dehydration etc). Mine was Allergy - IgE marker - high TH2 (T Helper cell) and low TH1 indicating autoimmune disorder - my neurotransmitter was high Histamine - not digesting Tyramines (chocolate ). Then, using these markers, the goal is to find one remedy that will resolve every problem that you are having in the body. Mine was a co-factor or co-enzyme (activated form of Vitamin B). I needed a couple of other nutrients to support my skin. I can't convert beta-carotene to Vitamin A, so needed to take that in a certain oil. Each of us has one oil that strengthens us and mine was Evening Primrose oil. Amazingly, my skin cleared up in just 2 days after starting the supplement. Sorry, that wasn't so brief!

Pam - Exercising outside on your deck sounds wonderful. You have some lovely breaks to look forward to. It sounds like lots of fun. You should have nice weather over here mid July, fingers crossed. I expect you've explored more of Kent than I have! It's been years since we've been that way; we usually go west or southwest. Sorry to hear about the forest fires - so sad.

Waves to all! Hope everyone's day goes well.
Old 06-07-23, 09:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday from smoky SECT. It was so bad on my walk last night that I could taste it in the back of my throat. I can't even imagine what Canadians and USA citizens closer to the boarder are going through. It probably wasn't wise of me to walk a longer route, but if my body's cooperating that day I want to take advantage. Anyway:

~ SeniorShape Pilates Exercises for Beginners & Seniors
~ Longer walk around neighborhood
~ Mat PT and stretch
~ 6,923 steps

I adored Lauren's standing Pilates routine. It features a "ballet class" type piano soundtrack and it has a nice, flowing barre feel.

{{{Margot}}}, it's so nice to see you posting. Your trip to the ancient burial sites in Wales sounds spectacular. We love watching shows about that part of the world on History Channel. I never heard of Epigenetics. It sounds fascinating, and I'm happy for you that you're learning answers to puzzling problems. Bummer about the chocolate, but feeling better is worth it.

Beth, good luck and I hope your neurologist can give you answers. Happy anniversary to you and DH!

Paine, I love your duck adventure! It sounds like they were on a little date together. I can imagine how excited your GS was. ♥

Pam, I swear you never get a day of rest. Your travel schedule would exhaust me - but, you have so much fun and see so many things, especially family, so it's all good.

Waves to all - make it a great day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 09:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Unfortunately I had a little of the vertigo yesterday, but it passed very quickly. I did reach out to my neurologist and he said it was probably BPPV. He told me that the Epley Maneuver can be preventative, so I might try doing that daily. I also still wonder about the impact of T-Tapp; I think I might try to do my T-Tapp routines after I finish my other exercise (ie, so I don't have to lie down after).

Margot, thanks again for all of the helpful info! That's amazing how you figured out what would work for you. I do also suspect allergies in my case - and now we're having air quality issues from wildfires in Canada. I haven't done any of the Slings in Motion in awhile. Do you have the half-dome balls? I've just used my Petrone balls when I do their routines.

Paine, my DH would never want a party for his birthday! He barely wants to celebrate with me beyond letting me make him a dessert, LOL. The duck story was cute! I'm sure you will miss you grandson when he starts school.

Pam, sounds like you have another fun trip planned - enjoy!

Happy Wednesday all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 01:42 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today my 4 year old grandson wanted to go for a walk to find Teslas, LOL! We only walked a half a block and found a Tesla parked on the street. I can't believe how many Teslas there are in Southern California! When we lived in Alaska, I never saw one Tesla there. We walked to a different park that is farther from my house and my grandson played on the slides. By the time we got home he had counted 4 different Teslas on our walk.

Margot, I can envision you working in your garden. Good for you for growing veggies, yum.
Thank you kindly for explaining how you resolved your health problem. It's great that Evening Primrose oil was the solution for you!
We haven't talked too much to our youngest grandson about school in the Fall but we think he will do well in class and with the other children.

Pat, it's interesting to me that the bird species pair bond, often for life. I wonder how many other animal species pair bond.

Pam, I enjoy hearing about all your various travels. You and your DH are adventurous!

Beth, I hope the Epley Maneuver helps your vertigo (it didn't help me at all). Be warned-- that the Epley Maneuver can cause nausea but it didn't cause me any nausea.
I never want a party for my birthday either but we do have a family party for our 2 sons and they enjoy the family get together.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 02:32 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

No workout yesterday, unless you count housework! My way of resetting myself after my doggie guest departed. Alyssa was very happy to see her momma, and vice versa.

Today's Workout: My Wednesday gym two-fer -- yoga at 9:30 and Gold at 11. At yoga I found out my instructor knows my niece! Had no idea. In Gold class we had four people. My Gold instructor seems a little pessimistic about how long the class will continue with that type of attendance. Stay tuned!

My knee has been doing better. I'm using Voltaren, and after several days I am feeling a lessening in the pain and stiffness. I also wear a compression knee brace for gym classes and other activities like my food closet shift.

My deepest sympathies to my Barefoot buddies who are dealing with the wildfire smoke. It has happened where I live several times in the past few years when wildfire smoke from the Sierras pools into the Sacramento Valley. Miserable! Thanks to our heavy snowpack the wildfires haven't started up yet this year, but it is only a matter of time.

Beth: That spate of vertigo sounds nasty! I hope it continues to resolve.

Paine: From garbage trucks to Teslas -- your grandson is a kick!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 02:43 PM  
Vantreesta

AskDoctorJo has a playlist for vertigo treatment.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...L-y34nyFbIyfsn

And this article talks a little about vestibular migraine.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...urring-vertigo
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 11:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays offerings
~outdoor walk, cracked through 10,000 steps
~PT exercises
~YDL: Low Back Love + supported fish & lumbar decompression on the ball

Pat - The wild fires are awful up north. It’s heartbreaking for those in the midst of it and creating such a smoky health hazard for millions here and in the US. Dry weather & winds sure aren’t helping.

Sandra - I’m glad your knee is better and also glad the snow pack is keeping fires at bay. California has had more than its share of awful wild fires.

Paine - My DH counts Teslas when we are out walking in the city, lol. We have had ours for about 16 months now, they are very popular here on the island.

Beth - I hope you get some helpful advice from the neurologist about your vertigo. I wonder if it could be connected to migraine? My migraine symptoms have evolved and changed somewhat since menopause. I now often get an aura that I never had before.

Margot - This will be our second trip to Kent. We were near Tunbridge Wells last time & this time close to Canterbury. That’s quite amazing how you solved your health issues!

Hi Vannie!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn