Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-23, 05:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine and Vannie, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it was actually vertigo, but it does sound like what the two of you have had, although I haven't gotten any nausea. And yes Vannie, I get that standing up quickly dizziness and other types, but this felt pretty different. Now that I think about it, I can recall just one other time - it was about 4-5 years ago at a yoga class my friend was teaching. I just felt it come all of a sudden (it was sudden this time and a few weeks ago, too), so I stopped moving and just stayed in child's pose for a bit. I was a little shaky for the rest of the practice, but then I was fine! And when it happened a few weeks ago, I was fine after a short period too - I actually taught yoga class later that day. And today I ate something, showered, and then drove myself to a doctor's appointment (for something else). I still feel a little "off" but not like I was at all.

Vannie, I was wondering about it being a weird new pre-migraine symptom - when it happened a few weeks ago, I did have a headache later, although not a full migraine. And now I feel a little headache-y. It would be odd for it to be the supplement, as I've taken turmeric before; a few years ago I took it for months to see if it would help with migraines. But today I thought it might have impacted me due to taking on an empty stomach. The side effects of it do include dizziness.

I said today it happened when I was lying down - I was getting up after doing the T-Tapp "Amazing Legs" sequence. The only other thing I wondered was whether T-Tapp could be moving lymph/other fluids in the body around in some weird way that is impacting me? It's so odd!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 09:59 PM  
YogaGal

Past few days of workouts:

Wednesday
Did an early Walk around the neighborhood (Yes, I seldom get out that early, but we were heading up to Payson later in the day to prep for the move up and I wanted to be sure to get in some exercise)

Thursday
Bike Ride in the evening – really enjoyed the unseasonable cooler temperatures.

Friday
Jessica Smith’s YouTube - Bikini Body Circuits (An oldie, but goodie)
Joelle’s Yoga for Flexibility - Yoga for Anterior Pelvic Tilt - Healthy Stretch for Lower Back and Hips

Saturday
Rest Day!

Sunday
And evening workout of
Roxanne’s 6-Min Ab Workout // No Equipment
Kassandra’s 15-min Evening Yin Yoga – Day #18 (Yoga Stretches Before Bed)

Monday
Kaleigh Cohen’s 25-Min Complete Upper Body Workout with Dumbbells
Kassandra’s 10-min Morning Yoga for Neck & Upper Back Relief – Day #10
Old 06-05-23, 10:04 PM  
YogaGal

Pat: I was so sorry to hear about the closing of your special place. I do hope that you find something else that comes close to that café to continue your access to good tea, food, and people watching and in a spiritually calming space. Sorry to hear about your sprain. Hope it heals soon.

Paine: Sorry you’ve been getting that d@%&* 500 Internal Server Error! I have had problems in the past with longer posts, so I’ve gone sentence by sentence to see how much I could get in without the error message. Lately, I’ve found some VF features not working, such as the “Find all Posts” by a user and some search features.

Pam: Glad you enjoyed your family visits. Looks like you are keeping up with a nice variety of workouts.

Beth: I’m going to try out that Standing Abs routine with dumbbells from Roxanne you posted last month soon. I did a different Roxanne ab workout on Sunday before some yoga. Thank you for starting off our June check-in post. I also like June since it includes my birthday. Glad you scored some gorgeous weather for your outdoor yoga festival. Hope you can resolve what to do about that weird dizziness you experienced. I think you asked recently how far our summer home is – it is about 90 miles and takes about 1.5 to 1.75 hours one way. It’s nice to have a get away place so close.

Vantreesta: Sounds like you had a good time on your travels. You can really appreciate a hot shower when you’ve gone without one for a few days!

Sandra: Glad you are taking good care of your knee and able to enjoy your HIIT workouts with Alyssa. I’m sure she’s had fun, but sounds like she’s ready to be back home. I enjoyed reading about the Ukranian woman who volunteered at the food closet. Glad the library's book sale was such a success.
Old 06-06-23, 02:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays offerings:
~Jessica’s 21 Day: Tread & Shred
~PT: passive stretching, myofascial release work, new exercises, & IMS
~Lumbar spine release over a stability ball & upper back & neck acupressure.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 07:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Sigh, yesterday was one of those "best laid plans of mice and men" affairs. I fell asleep on the couch after work. DH and I forced ourselves to go to the gym for a short workout, where I only had time for 20 minutes on the recumbent then seated high rows, leg extensions and bicep curls. Also 4,524 steps for the day.

Sending prayers to our Canadian neighbors. The smoke from the wildfires has been heavy in the air all the way over here. I can't stand to think of all that majestic forest burning.

Pam, is anyone you know affected by the fires?

Carolyn, did you find walking around your neighborhood earlier in the day to have a different feel? I rarely walk in the morning but when I do there seems to be a lighter atmosphere. Quieter. We've been loving the cooler temps here, too.

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear of your vertigo. It's frightening and awful. I gave myself a black eye once after falling from a spell. After years of dealing with it I was able to narrow mine down to seasonal allergies and sinus congestion, believe it or not. I had to follow this very slow process of getting out of bed and sometimes ended up on the floor, anyway. I hope you find answers and relief.

Vannie, I loved reading of your wilderness vacation and all the animals you saw. I wonder what was up with that squirrel? Did any of the waterfowl have babies with them? I'm not a camping fan but somehow the canoeing part, rowing down the waterways and being at one with nature, is very appealing to me.

Paine, that's too bad you have to deal with vertigo, too. Have you and GS done any garbage truck HIIT recently?

Waves to Sandra and all who visit.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 08:55 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all well and enjoying the warmer weather.

I've recently returned from West Wales, where we spent most days walking the coastline, visiting ancient burial sites (from 5,500 years ago) and old castles. There seems to be a castle in every town!

For the past few months I've been studying Epigenetics. It's been quite a challenge but I'm learning so much and loving every moment. I've managed to solve an immune system problem that I've had since a nasty bout of the flu/pneumonia over 4 years ago and am well on the way to resolving an autoimmune issue I've had for the past 15 years.

It'd be good for me to check in this month, as with all the walking I've been doing lately, my hips and legs need some therapy to get them feeling happy again. So far this week:

Sunday
- Jessica Smith Build - Refresh Fusion
- Never Stop Dancing - Leg Blast
- Circular walk around our local Common.

Monday
- Sandra Hanna Callanetics - 30 minutes Body Sculpt
- Body Groove - Arm Strength. One of my favourites.
- Fishponds walk

Today so far:
- Jessica Smith Build Total Body 3 - I'm really enjoying this new series of Jessica's; it's so different to her previous programs.
- Karin YT - Curling, Arching, Spiralling, Massaging into Wellbeing. My hips needed some attention after all the hiking last week. Using the ball on my IT bands was excruciating but I did feel much better afterwards.

I'll be back with personals.
Old 06-06-23, 08:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, so good to see you check in! I'm interested in hearing more about your epigenetics studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Beth, I'm so sorry to hear of your vertigo. It's frightening and awful. I gave myself a black eye once after falling from a spell. After years of dealing with it I was able to narrow mine down to seasonal allergies and sinus congestion, believe it or not. I had to follow this very slow process of getting out of bed and sometimes ended up on the floor, anyway. I hope you find answers and relief.
DH said something about it being rare, and I told him there were at least 2 - now 3! - others from our little checkin who have had it!

I haven't had a fall/hit my head, but I am wondering if it could be related to my recent flu or whatever that was. (Maybe HMPV, something DH found online.) My first episode was about a week after I was sick. And allergies do seem especially bad this season.

I have a yearly annual with my neurologist in August, so I'll plan to mention it then, but if I have another episode, I'll reach out to him sooner.

Happy Tuesday! Today is our 20th anniversary. Our main celebration is our Key West trip next month, but we plan to get Chinese food after my yoga class tonight.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-06-23, 09:35 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Back Yin Yoga practice)

Beth, I don't think your vertigo is from T-Tapp. If you continue to have vertigo, it would be a good idea to see your doctor about it.
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! It's easy for me to remember your anniversary because it's the same day as our daughter's birthday.

Margot, it's so nice to hear from you! It's wonderful to hear you have resolved an immune system problem! I'd be interested in hearing what you did.

Pat, yesterday my 4 year old grandson and I walked to a nearby park. There were 2 ducks (male and female) that were walking together in the park. Then they left and walked down the street together in the neighborhood. We followed them for awhile and they were not afraid of us. My grandson was able to see their webbed feet close up and he marveled at that. We follow garbage trucks every Friday. That is one of our grandson's highlights of the week. I'm sure going to miss him when he starts school in the Fall.

Carolyn, last week you had a nice selection of workouts!
The VF link to view "Today's Posts" hasn't been working for a few weeks and I sure do miss that option. I'm still thankful to have this forum to talk with my workout buddies.

Vantreesta, I'm sorry you have had to deal with BPPV, it really sucks. My doctor even prescribed prescription strength Meclazine and it didn't help. Over the counter Dramamine worked better but it does make me very sleepy.
Wow, you saw a lot of wildlife on your camping trip!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 09:37 AM  
Margot

Pam - It sounds as though you had a lovely break. How is the plantar these days? Hope it's all better.

Pat - You still got in a lot of steps yesterday and a workout. I think a couch-asana practice was well deserved.

Vantreesta - What a great holiday weekend. I would have loved seeing all the birdlife and animals. I've never seen a red squirrel. We were once in an area where they were sighted. My DH caught a glimpse but I missed out. He or she was gone in a flash.

Paine - I forget how time flies by. Does your grandson start school this September? I love how he helps keep you fit by running after the garbage trucks.

Carolyn - I expect you're looking forward to escaping to your mountain home and the cooler temperatures. Hope you can relax this summer and not have too many DIY jobs to take care of.

Sandra - Hope your knee is feeling better. Maybe the aqua class at your gym will help. Sorry to hear about your niece's loss. I hope she is doing ok.

Beth - I was thinking of you a few weeks ago, when I was doing a class for migraine sufferers. The ginger/turmeric could have possibly been a trigger. We've been told to never eat ginger or turmeric that is not organic, as both are loaded with pesticides. Chemical sensitivities are not uncommon for those suffering with migraines. I'm not sure if your supplement was obtained from organic sources or not? Also, whilst ginger is a great remedy for our innate immune systems to boost the production of superoxide and in so doing, raising our temperature to kill off parasites etc, too much superoxide may cause a problem for the classic migraine person, due to the inability to break down catalase in the conversion process. I was just wondering if you are also sensitive to light? Wear sunglasses? ETA - Classic symptoms also include vision (corrective lenses or other visual problems) and dizziness.

Cyana - So sorry to hear you're so busy. I was thinking of you the other day when I was doing Norman's latest Yin class. It was one of his best imo.
Old 06-06-23, 10:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

If I do have BPPV, I guess I'm very lucky that I haven't had any nausea!

Paine, you're right, T-Tapp might not be a factor at all, although I read that some people experience dizziness and even nausea when first trying it. Happy birthday to your daughter! Is your family doing anything special? I miss the "New Posts" option too - although I mostly visit VF here, that would help me decide if I wanted to pop into any threads on GD.

Margot, thanks so much for the additional info! I don't think I am particularly sensitive to light - that's never been an issue for my migraines, and both of the recent days that I had the vertigo symptoms, it happened before I had left the house. On the other hand, I do wonder about the migraine link! Interesting about ginger and turmeric. The supplement I have is from Amazon, and it's marked GMP Certified, GMO-free, and vegan. I've never had a problem with ginger before and I eat A LOT of it, plus sometimes drink ginger tea, plus take supplements occasionally (mainly just when flying for motion sickness). I'll have to pay more attention to whether it seems to impact my migraines at all. Btw, your Wales visit sounds wonderful!

Follow me @YogiBethC