Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-03-23, 07:28 PM  
owltx

Today was mat yoga, which I really ended up liking. I started with Kat Gates-Buettner foe some step aerobics, so was nicely warmed up going into it. It was a really good stretch.
Old 06-04-23, 10:36 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Today was mat yoga, which I really ended up liking. I started with Kat Gates-Buettner foe some step aerobics, so was nicely warmed up going into it. It was a really good stretch.
I love Kat Gates-Buettner step workouts. She has become my go to for step.

So far today I’ve taken an hour long walk…I usually walk later in the day, but we are expecting rain and I wanted to get my walk in while it was still dry. The weather here is nuts…Friday when I walked it was 88 degrees and today it was 57 degrees raw and windy on the coast….I actually wore gloves.

I will a stretch later today…maybe Mat Yoga.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 11:22 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I love Kat Gates-Buettner step workouts. She has become my go to for step.
Me too! Good music, good cuing, and gets the heart rate up! I love that she has a lot of 40 minute workouts. I don't know if you have a rebounder, but her rebounding workouts are great as well.
Old 06-04-23, 11:24 AM  
owltx

Today was total body trisets. I see what everyone means about this one - definitely challenging! I hit a wall during biceps and the two minute rest period coming up was the only thing that made me hang in there. I pulled out Stretch Max for the band stretch (which I love); definitely needed it after this one!
Old 06-04-23, 11:27 AM  
prettyinpink

Friday, instead of my”off” day, I wanted some leg work so I did a Leah Sarago lower body workout (bodyweight).

Saturday was Giant Sets for the start of week 2. I was crunched for time so I did the premix that left off the third set. It flew by. I used heavier weights for legs. I also decided afterward that limiting to two sets was a good choice for me for the upper body, because I actually had to go down in weight for shoulder press yesterday compared to my first time doing this workout. That shouldn’t really be happening, so maybe as written, these three full body in one week are a little too much upper body volume for me. Yes, I did a barre workout the day before instead of rest. But I didn’t have overall fatigue; in fact I felt like I could have gone running or done something more challenging. It’s just the smaller muscles of my arms felt weaker.

I also will be doing an extra leg day each week, or adding on some heavy barbell hip thrusts and band work, something like that.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 11:56 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
So far today I’ve taken an hour long walk…I usually walk later in the day, but we are expecting rain and I wanted to get my walk in while it was still dry. The weather here is nuts…Friday when I walked it was 88 degrees and today it was 57 degrees raw and windy on the coast….I actually wore gloves.
This weather is crazy! I did a cemetery led walk yesterday (in RI) and everyone was bundled up in sweaters and jackets. So cold and windy, with today being much the same. Just nuts.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 12:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

STS 2.0 Active Recovery-Day 6, Foam Roller plus Yoga-Day 7

Saturday, along with an outdoor walk (cemetery tour) I did Active Recovery again. This time it went much better than my first go with it! I was able to keep up with most of the exercises, but was just a bit behind during the animal crawl and the plank around the clock. Otherwise, pretty decent effort.

Today was a scheduled off day on the rotation, but I did the Foam Roller workout (Upper Body) as well as Yoga Relax from the Low Impact Series. Yoga Relax felt wonderful as did the Foam Roller workout! Can't wait to try the Lower Body segment another day!

With the 12 week rotation, Cathe has you switching up the Total Body workouts each week. I think that's strange, so I'm going to do them in the order I first did them. Maybe she's trying to confuse those muscles, but I'd rather get to know the workout and not stray too far from when I last did the workout.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 01:47 PM  
laurajhawk

Yesterday I did Mobility 2, quite liked it. Today was my Week 2 Trisets and again I did the premix with just one set per exercise, Express 3. I think the premixes give me the right volume per week, even though I would have time to do the full workouts. Pam, I was also surprised that she mixes up the order of the Total Body workouts, but I’m doing it as written; I don’t think it makes a lot of difference physically, but maybe keeps it a little more interesting mentally for me. Today was a good day for me; I felt strong and increased some of my weights.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 01:48 PM  
warriorprincess

Today I did Mobility 2, 30 minutes of barre with Sleek, and some shoulder PT.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 11:26 PM  
TonyaK

Hi everyone, I'd like to join you.

I have a couple of injuries, so I will be modifying and shortening workouts as needed. I started the 12-week rotation yesterday, so I did part of Giant Sets. I did the premix Express #3: Group 1 Only. It was just right for me. I haven't worked out much for the past month.

Today I did Mobility 1 and Foam Roller Lower Body. I enjoyed both of those. It feels really good to move around. I love that Cathe is encouraging recovery time in this set.

So far, so good for me with STS 2.0. I'm looking forward to trying all the rest of the workouts.
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews