Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-23, 08:09 AM  
owltx

Today was supposed to be the Total Body Stretch but sadly I'm one of those that got the glitchy disc. The pauses drive my crazy enough I don't want to do it - which is too bad, I really like this stretch.

So today I did some rebounding and kickboxing, then Standing Abs plus floor and the Chair Yoga. I really like the standing abs plus floor - hard but not killer and adding the plate weight and sliders was enough to keep it interesting and fun.
Old 05-31-23, 11:03 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Can I join in?

Hi to all-

I've done the three total body workouts this week and I think I will keep going with the 8 week rotation.

Here's what I posted on the GD forum from today regarding Giant Sets.

I just finished this, and I think this is my favorite of the the three total body workouts in the STS 2.0 series.

I did modify to suit my needs--particularly regarding the hip thrusts. I thought getting into position with a barbell for only 10 reps, wasn't enough time/work to make a difference so I did a long set (30 reps) for each of the three giant sets. It worked out that the hip thrusts came right before the rests so there was plenty of time to extend the sets.

There were a couple of exercises in the unilateral set I that turned into 2 sets of bilateral exercises to increase the volume (biceps and shoulders). This worked out well for me.

Also, the last giant set is only 8 reps per exercise. When I felt I had a few reps left in the tank, I added them on. There was plenty of time for an additional 2-4 reps on most exercises, and this seemed to really make a difference for me.

The workouts do feel a bit fussy regarding equipment changes and setting up, but I am really liking them so far!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 11:37 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

STS 2.0 Super Sets Total Body-Day 3

Hello everyone,

Welcome, frostyjan! I appreciate your thoughts on Giant Sets! I liked this one, too!

I liked Super Sets Total Body pretty well, but again would appreciate just 30 more seconds to get my gear together and get into position. I'll probably say that again with the next Total Body workout, lol.

I used my barbell for the deadlifts and think I could probably do a little more weight next time. And, had it out again for the overhand and underhand rows which was nice. Kneeling sweeper curls were fun, just to change it up. Didn't care for adding the loop pink band to the dumbbell for the triceps work, but maybe that will go a bit more smoother in future workouts. Right now just getting the correct weight right, is the challenge for me. Mentally, I want to go heavy, but physically I'm not always ready. It will be interesting to see the progress with each week.

Overall, a good workout today but I was tired by the end. No matter what Cathe workout I do, I always feel better for having done it! And, she's one of the bests...and a beast!

Also, added Cathe's Chair Yoga for a mid-day stretch! It was really nice!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 02:08 PM  
warriorprincess

Today was Active Recovery Day, and I added on the Abs on the mini ball. Lots of unique exercises, which is always good.

I did another 45 minutes of barre with Kathy Morgan and Lazy Dancer. These are my favorite types of recovery workouts and probably why my calves are pretty fierce.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 04:53 AM  
Helen

Jumping in so I’m subscribed to the thread.
Mine won’t arrive for a while yet - I’m always the last. ��

Just checked and it has cleared import customs.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 08:00 AM  
owltx

Today was supposed to be a stretch day, but my Thursdays are typically HIIT days because I have only 30 minutes on Thursdays due to work. So HIIT is what I did today.

I do plan on fitting in a couple days of cardio doing the rotation. Anyone else? The User Guide says that a couple days is fine as long as you keep it to 30-40 minutes. Cardio is how I keep my sanity.
Old 06-01-23, 08:20 AM  
prettyinpink

Yesterday I did Trisets. For the triceps and biceps groupings, she could have called it “Drop Sets” as far as I’m concerned. Six sets back to back with no rest , phew. I bailed on the last set of biceps because I got that feeling where thought I could keep going, if I did I might not be able to fully bend my arms the next day. It was a good call because I don’t even have DOMS today, but my arms are still PUMPed!

I also thought this workout hit legs better than the other two full body workouts. I did like it, though I was glad when it was over!

As I’ve whined before, I dislike doing all this isolation work for the arms, in preference to more legs, as a general rule. I’m going to be modifying the 10- week rotation accordingly for phase 3. But I’m curious if I’ll get any more chin-ups as a result of the isolation work of this rotation. On my best day, I’ve been stuck at sets of five for a long time now. Adding another would be something.

Today I walked 4 miles with a little jogging. I might try the Active Recovery disc later.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 08:22 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

STS 2.0 Yoga Mat plus Standing Core-Day 4

Welcome Helen! Glad you're here and it sounds like your workouts should be arriving soon...fingers crossed! You will love them!!!

Stephanie, my cardio is usually a couple hikes each week or 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, so I'll be adding some when time allows. I've realized with doing just the two Total Body workouts, so far I do need to add on more stretching and recovery. My body isn't used to lifting heavy and I'm not a young chick.

Today I began with Standing Core and Cathe uses a 5lb and 10lb weight plate! I loved the uniqueness of this workout and it's great to do before yoga to get the body warm. This one was wonderful and I can't wait to do Core again! I'm not much for core workouts, haha but this was awesome! Oh yeah, Cathe's leggings were gorgeous in this one! I want those!

I also really liked Yoga Mat! It was great after Super Sets yesterday! It's very gentle and perfect for me.

Heading out for my hike soon! It's going to be a scorcher today!

Current Rotation:
Old 06-01-23, 02:14 PM  
warriorprincess

Today I did Supersets. I like most of these exercises. It's an interesting combination of slow heavy lifting for a long time before you get a nice long rest, isn't it? I didn't care for the looped kickbacks either, but yeah, maybe they'll grow on me. It's quite aerobic for me. My heartrate climbs up to the 140's during the set and then comes down in the 100's during the rest. I did slow the crossback lunges way down since my knee was sending me warning signals this morning, and changed the plie squats to static just to be on the safe side.

Afterward, I did Total Body Stretching, which for me was an absolutely perfect routine to pair with Supersets. It stretched all the right places in nice gentle ways. I think I'll be using this as a finisher quite often. I like relaxing after an intense routine to calm the system down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 03:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Yesterday I did Trisets. For the triceps and biceps groupings, she could have called it “Drop Sets” as far as I’m concerned. Six sets back to back with no rest , phew. I bailed on the last set of biceps because I got that feeling where thought I could keep going, if I did I might not be able to fully bend my arms the next day. It was a good call because I don’t even have DOMS today, but my arms are still PUMPed!

I also thought this workout hit legs better than the other two full body workouts.
Good to know! I'll be doing this one on Friday!

Current Rotation:

Tags
cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews