Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-23, 07:56 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

NEW Cathe STS 2.0 Check-in 2023! All Welcome!!!

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd get us started, in case there is anyone that can join me this week. I know many of you are waiting on the User's Guide to be available, so jump in when you can, as we don't all have to begin at the same time. And, I see others are finishing up with other rotations, so come on in.....whenever.

I haven't decided if I will do the 60 or 90 day rotation, but would love to be able to stick it out for three months. I haven't lifted heavy in a long time, so this will be good! I got my set on Wednesday and have so far been playing around with the premixes and have enjoyed what I've done.

I'll check back in on Monday with a full report!

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 01:46 PM  
warriorprincess

Yesterday (Saturday) I did my first STS 2.0 workout with Lower Body 1. I really enjoyed almost everything about this workout. The pacing and rest periods are nice. And I have a new favorite leg exercise, the quad finisher!

Today I did Body Parts: Shoulders. This one was really nice too. It's rare to see an entire workout dedicated to strengthening the shoulders, but it's just what I need right now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 03:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Nancy,

Last Wednesday, Lower Body 1 was the first one I did, also! But, I made it easier on myself by doing the first premix with only one round of each exercise. I also didn't write down my weights and knew I had gone too light. It will be different the next time it comes up on the rotation.

So far I've also tried Upper Body 1, Lower Body 2, and Total Body Stretch & Active Recovery. I didn't want to do weights today, in prep for tomorrow.

Are you planning on doing a formal rotation or just doing STS workouts as you see fit? I hope you'll continue to post and share your thoughts!

April Focus:
Old 05-29-23, 10:15 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm in! Thanks for getting us started, Pam.

I'm not sure which rotation I'm doing (10 weeks sounds about right, maybe?), but I started off as if I'm doing one. I did Giant Sets (Express #1) on Friday and added on the Total Body Stretch. I take a lot of live yoga classes and so I won't follow the rotation exactly for recovery workouts; on Saturday I took a vinyasa class and did not do a Cathe workout. Yesterday I did Super Sets (Express #2). Today I'll do one of the recovery workouts. I do dog walks most days as my cardio.

So far, I really like the set. I'm quite happy with the premixes - I can choose the length of workout I want without, it seems, compromising the intent and feel of the workout. I had COVID back in March and haven't done much heavy lifting since, and I'm enjoying it!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 10:36 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

STS 2.0 Giant Sets Total Body-Day 1

Hi everyone,

Welcome, Laura!

Yesterday I prepped my exercise room by getting all my equipment ready and writing down the exercises for Total Body Giant Sets. I also wrote down the weight Cathe used for each exercise and today recorded what I used. I don’t do heavy weight work typically, unless I’m just playing around with my kettlebells so it’s been a long time for me.

I liked today’s workout, but could have used a bit more rest between exercises. Not much, just maybe another 30 seconds more to change out my weight selection with my Power Blocks and get into position.

That was the first time I’d used my Barbell for Hip Thrusts, so that was different. I wimped out at the end by doing them with both legs on the floor, while Cathe used one leg.

Overall I think I made good weight selections with my first time with this workout. I can’t come anywhere close to what Cathe lifts, and today I lifted at least half of her weight so I was happy with that and completed all the reps. I can do more for Deadlifts but have to take it easy on Shoulder Presses, so it’s all good!

Have a nice Memorial Day!

April Focus:
Old 05-29-23, 10:53 AM  
laurajhawk

Pam, I don't come close to Cathe's weights, either. And my weight proportions are different from hers: I can get close to her weights on some exercises and less than half hers on others, so it's hard to predict. I need to do more prep for these workouts, like you did, to avoid feeling frantic. I did write down my weights and noted where I want to increase next time.

My barbells are under the basement stairs and they're staying there, lol. I'm using dumbbells for everything and that's been fine so far.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 11:24 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, thanks for starting this thread, Pam. Because of the fiasco with the user guide, I have just jumped in and probably won't do an official rotation. I think this set has lots of potential for different rotations so I'll play with things myself. Recently my work schedule only allows for about three days of longer workouts so for now I think I may do one upper, one lower, one total body. And try to find some time for cardio on other days. I jumped in with Upper Body 1 yesterday -- really enjoyed it, love the pacing. The crew looks great and I love the colors of outfits and set. I have a feeling her talk about equipment and modifications may get old eventually. Today I did Lower Body 1. Good solid workout, but it may feel pretty dull when it's not new anymore, I fear. The quad finisher was fun and definitely made me think about the essentrics move where you're sitting and stretch your leg out in front of you and lift just barely off the ground. Instant cramp if not careful. I find I have to mentally think about relaxing a bit so as not to cramp. On Wednesday I'll jump into Giant Sets. I'm excited to try that one since everyone seems to really like it.
Old 05-29-23, 11:27 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, Laura, I meant to add that I also don't lift as heavy as Cathe in unpredictable ways. Often I can get close and sometimes I'm way lighter. My heaviest dumb bell is 35 pounds, so that is limiting, also. Often I'm very lazy about using a barbell but today I did get it set up and it was definitely a fair bit lighter than Cathe's!!
Old 05-29-23, 01:31 PM  
warriorprincess

Pam, I thought I had gone lighter than necessary on the weights in Lower Body 1, but based on how my legs are feeling two days later, I think I chose just right!

I haven't decided whether I'm following a rotation or not. I'm leaning towards probably.

Today (Monday)
Stationary Bike, Zone 2, 45 min
Cathe STS 2.0 Active Recovery, 12 min
Cathe STS 2.0 Mobility 1, 19 min

Active Recovery was harder than I expected. I'm glad I was warmed up. Mobility was nice, feel good moves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 01:42 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello Bee (and welcome!)

Glad to see you joining us for Cathe's new STS 2.0 series.

I have at least three days per week that I can devote to Strength workouts, as I hike on Tues/Thurs and Summer starts to get busier with lots of activities. So, I'll know more as the User's Guide becomes available. When necessary I'll have to do a shorter Premix, but I hope to shoot for the main workout in most cases.

I think my Power Blocks only go up to 35 lbs. My kettlebells might actually be heavier, LOL. And, the heaviest I can load my barbell is 60 lbs. I can't imagine needing more weight than that to start.

April Focus:

Tags
cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews