Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-12-23, 07:48 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in town + 40 minutes on the elliptical + 15 minutes of yoga.

Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 08:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

50 minutes on the treadmill tonight and last night was Burn for Upper Body. That was a particularly good class as we worked all upper body parts. Even my legs are sore for some reason.

Vannie you had some fantastic workouts lately. I agree, even a little running feels good. Gosh it burns calories too. Cool that you walked to church Easter Sunday! You do a wide variety of workouts.

Jbliff what is the name of the Chinese Martial Arts series on Netflix? I will soon be finishing Outlanders and I need to be thinking about a new series. My treadmill has some basic programs but I prefer manual too. Tonight was flat.

Waves to Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 11:39 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - The show is called "Who Rules The World". I finally finished it this morning after binging it for the last few days. Lots of intrigue and infighting between factions to rule the country. Someone compared it to a Chinese Game of Thrones, but not nearly as violent. I also recommend Extraordinary Attorney Woo, a Korean drama that I really liked.

I saw today that Ft. Lauderdale got a 1 in 1000 year storm and more rain is on the way. That's really unfortunate.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 04-15-23, 06:31 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Lovely to have the weekend again. It was supposed to get to 88 degrees today but fortunately only got to 84.

I rested yesterday and then ran 4 miles with friends this am and went to BBC for total body strength. I will do something easy tomorrow. It was so good to run with friends again.

Jbliff thanks for the name of that series. I’m by always on the lookout for what could be next. I heard that parts of Ft Lauderdale received as much as 25” of rain in 24 hrs. Astonishing! The airport was closed almost 24 hrs.

Waves to all!
Old 04-16-23, 12:57 PM  
JBliff

My workout Friday was RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps + 30 minutes on the elliptical. Yesterday's workout was 45 minutes on the elliptical + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- According to some projections Ft. Lauderdale airport could be flooded constantly if the sea level rises as expected. It is pretty much located next to the water.

Waves to everyone. Have a good Sunday.
Old 04-17-23, 07:29 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did a hilly power walk on the treadmill tonight. Just needed a change. 30 minutes.

Jbliff I honestly worry about what will happen to Florida as the temps rise. When you fly over our state and get to look out the window of the plane, it looks like Swiss cheese. So many areas are at risk of inundation. Apparently Miami basically floods in some areas every time it rains. And we still keep building. One of my patients last week was an attorney at the Florida Dept of Environmental Potection for many years. He said a good day was when Florida dumped a little less toxic waste in its waterways than it did the day before. But he said the dumping never, ever stopped. ��.

Hope everyone had a decent Monday.
Old 04-18-23, 07:34 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a tough upper body workout from Youtube + 30 minutes on the elliptical. Sunday's workout was RwH Legs + Core #1.

Karjoy - I actually have visited the Florida DEP when I was working for a consulting company. It's a thankless job working there, I'm sure.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 04-18-23, 09:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Karen, that amount of rain is unbelievable! Wow!

JB, one of these days I want to get RWH. The ladies in another check in told me long ago it was a really good set for runners. To be honest, I've never even watched the clips.

We hit the 80s last week, including one day at 88, and then the temps plummeted and it snowed on Sunday. Crazy. The warmest day this week shows a high of 56, I think. There's smthg about 80s in the spring that feels different from in the summer. Just like 70s in spring feels different from 70s in fall. Does anyone else notice that??

Saturday I went to see the Dungeons & Dragons movie with my friend and her kids. I really liked it. Sunday we then played D&D. I've only been playing since after we got married (which has somehow been almost 24 years already! ) but they have all been playing since elementary school. Yesterday I spent all day in the kitchen and still didn't get all the cleaning done. And never had time to workout either, which bums me out more than not finishing the cleaning. The Twins were off yesterday so I figured I could make myself workout after hubby went to bed. WRONG! I was cold and tired and didn't muster up the energy even for gentle yoga or PT stretches. It is what it is and today is a new day.

I signed up for a 5k trail race yesterday that is coming up quickly. I'm really excited to be doing a race again and I know my time won't be what it used to be but it should keep me running and then the joy of the race should help me continue. There are other upcoming races I want to do as well.

Workouts since I last posted have been less impressive:

Tue 4/11 76 minutes ped 14966 steps/Fitbit 17323
17 minutes (from M. Oleson Core & Pelvic Floor 30 Day Yoga Challenge day 4 Gratitude & Openness for Your Core & Pelvic Floor, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 15 -snail pose, YT) 1st time

53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.16 mi)

Wed 4/12 115 minutes ped 16727/Fitbit 16977
10 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
29 minutes (from 2.09 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk1 day3)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory)
56 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.37 mi)

Thu 4/13 70 minutes ped 15659/Fitbit 14750
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S3E5 Serene Tide Pools, TV) 1st time
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.78 mi)

Fri 4/14 62 minutes ped 12289/Fitbit 12460
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
15 minutes (from PT stretches before bed)

37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.26 mi)

Sat 4/15 33 minutes MOVIES ped 9251/Fitbit 9012
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.15 mi)

Sun 4/16 29 minutes D&D DAY ped 6933/Fitbit 8287
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.82 mi)

Mon 4/17 57 minutes ped 12191/Fitbit 14995
10 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.92 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 01:42 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning + a short floor cardio workout from Youtube + Les Mills Body Combat + 15 minutes of yoga in the afternoon.

Vannie - Your weather definitely is variable! That's great you are excited about the race. Good luck with it.

My niece and her daughter are coming to stay with us for the rest of the week so I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in much until next week.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 04-20-23, 07:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I swam yesterday and today because it was just so beautiful outside AND a friend and I decided to do a triathlon in a few weeks. It’s a sprint tri so it involves a 5K run, 500 yard swim and 15 mile bike ride. We’re doing it just for fun and to do something different.

Vannie those temperature differences are crazy! 88 degrees and snow in the same week is hard to imagine. Good for you for signing up for a trail run. We have a series of 4 trail runs in summer and I try to do at least one. You get tons of steps in.

Jbliff have fun with your niece and her daughter. Will ya’ll be doing anything special? Hope you have great weather, not too hit and not too cold like Baby Bear said.