Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-23, 10:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat I love Gate Pose - I added Kassandra's Day 16 based on your recommendation!

Sherry did you see that Aprille from Yoga Ranger is taking a break from YouTube?

Paine I think I've made a conscious effort to do more strength work. It's often shorter, but I also try to lift heavier most of the time.

Happy Tuesday all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 07:11 AM  
sherry7899

Beth, yes I did see the video. Thank you!

Today:

World Heat dance with Sara Jane "Finding Our Bodies" 32 minutes out of 61 (I took off most of March since I was sick and I'm working back up to longer cardio)

Yoga Upload morning stretch practice 15 minutes

have a great day !
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 07:45 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I took steroids for my plugged up ear/eustachian tube but they did nothing. Yesterday I got antibiotics and two nasal sprays plus antacids. Allergies and acid reflux make each other worse so my doctor is hitting me with everything. Since I'm taking an antibiotic that can mess with tendons especially in people over age 60 I'm only allowed to use Cubii Jr for exercise for a fee weeks.

Beth, congrats on improving your bone density. Mine always improves when I use the rowing machine.

Sandra and Carolyn, yesterday my SO couldn't find Meow Meow. He looked everywhere before he saw her on a windowsill. She used the Pilates reformer to make the jump shorter to the windowsill. As long as she sticks with the lower window and uses the reformer I think she'll be okay. She better be!!

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 09:03 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Triple Threat (Upper Body strength selections = 20 minutes)

I had a nice 2 mile walk yesterday with my 4 year old grandson so we will probably walk to the park today.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 10:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday! I was super sore yesterday and kept it minimum:

~ Ally Boothroyd 20 Minute Yoga Nidra and Breathing
~ One lap around parking lot
~ PT stretches only
~ 4,878 steps

Kassandra's flexible mind challenge for the day was to enjoy a yoga nidra. Won't argue with that!

Beth, congrats on your DEXA! What great news. Good work!

Have a great day, anyone who joins us!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 10:35 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks all for the DEXA acknowledgement. It was a big upward change, but up is always better than down, right?

Ugh, it's been another hectic work day of juggling various stuff, including trouble-shooting with my boss being out and other stuff. I'm exhausted!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-19-23, 05:44 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: My customary Wednesday two-fer at the gym -- 9:30 yoga followed by the 11:00 Gold. Got in a bonus workout this afternoon shifting around a pile of heavy furniture and other household detritus, putting them out on the curb for a bulk pickup tomorrow morning.

I think I strained my right shoulder a bit with one of the overhead moves in the new Body Pump release. Will be extra cautious with similar moves for the time being.

Linda: When a cat has determined it wants something, he/she will find a way!

Beth: Congrats on the DEXA results!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 07:26 PM  
YogaGal

Tuesday
Jessica Smith’s Burn Fat & Have Fun dvd – Have a Ball! cardio workout
Kassandra’s Flexible Body Yoga, Day 18

Wednesday
Roxanne’s YT - 20 Min UPPER BODY Strength - Shredded Supersets | No Repeats
Kassandra’s Flexible Body Yoga, Day 19

This was my first time doing a workout without the instructor talking throughout; only music.
Pros: I like the music (and the workout)!
Cons: I love her accent and would love to hear more of it; and more importantly, I missed hearing form tips and those favorite phrases, “Last one!” or “just 4 more” or “you’re doing great!” As a long time exerciser, I can live without the form tips, but I also noticed that often I was looking down (doing rows for example) and had to look up at the screen to see the countdown clock) to know when to switch weights and move on to the next exercise.

Beth: I understand now what you mean by repeating a whole set again versus repeating an exercise after the first time. Congrats on improving your bone density! Going up is definitely better than going down! Sorry for the hectic day at work.

Pat: I really enjoyed Kassandra’s Day 16 with gate pose and thread the needle (2 of my favorites). I also loved Day 18 with all the reclined poses! Today (Day 19) called for me to employ a couple of my hand modifications to avoid feeling pressure on my wrists.

Paine: Thanks for sharing the tool you use to assist your wrists when working out. I sometimes do something similar by using a pair of dumbbells to hold while in a plank or tabletop position.

Linda: Cats do have a mind of their own! And when they want something, they GO for it! Miss Meow sounds like a smart kitty finding a way to make the jump shorter. My SIL found out about a week ago that her almost 14 year old cat has diabetes! She had to change his cat food and has to give him shots twice a day. She says he is not putting up a fight over the shots. She gives them on the top of his neck near his back.

Sandra: Take care of your shoulder and lay off moving any heavy furniture for awhile.

Sherry: I think that 32 minutes is a nice length for a cardio session. Nice add-on with the yoga.
Old 04-19-23, 08:10 PM  
JustSandra

Carolyn: I once had a cat that became diabetic. She was also very good about accepting the shots. Interestingly, the diabetes resolved and I was able to discontinue the shots. She lived to a good old age.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, that's it exactly! I'm okay with multiple sets, but when we're done with an exercise, I want to be done for good, LOL.

Sandra, careful with that shoulder!

I was exhausted when I got home from work today, so it was a yoga only day. I tried someone new:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii2g5ASTQ64

I really loved doing sphinx pose with a blanket under my pelvis, my cylindrical bolster under my chest, and a block supporting my forehead - felt like I could have stayed forever!

Follow me @YogiBethC