Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-23, 02:14 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Cathe/Firm/Barre/Yoga/Swim April 2023

Hi All-

Yesterday was swimming. Today I haven’t decided yet

Lori
nyskier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 11:13 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi All-

Monday was Cathe live- 30 minute Kickbox Express (8/19/21).

I had a great time watching the UConn Huskies win the men’s basketball tournament. Go Huskies!

Lori
Old 04-04-23, 01:01 PM  
fitjen

Hi!

Last week was Spring Break, and we had grands most of the week and had fun!

I did manage 2 miles most days until the weekend.

Yesterday was one mile and Cathe's Timesaver #1 with Chest/Triceps.

Fatkat - I'm glad your aunt is safe after the storm even with damage! I'm in Alabama, and those come straight to us from Mississippi, but thankfully, we didn't have any damage last week!

Bita and Lori - Hi!

Have a great day!
Old 04-05-23, 03:57 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi All-

Today was Cathe Live- Wicked Upper Body ( 2/10/22). This is a tough, good one.

I’m glad to hear that everyone was safe with all of the tornadoes traveling through the South.

Lori
Old 04-07-23, 11:52 PM  
fatkat555

Lori and Jen,

It was rough until my aunt got electricity and was reminiscent of the hurricanes we get here. They’re very industrious in her community and I’m happy to see that the cleanup is going quickly.

I’m back to my barre/weights rotation. This month I’m using Tracie Long for my “weights” days and I’m hitting some of her newer series that I have, but never tried. I have to say I’m not a fan of burpees and she apparently loves them. Thank goodness Kelly Coffey-Meyer isn’t a fan of them.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-23, 02:14 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi-

Allie- I have recently gotten back to Tracie Long. I just re-acquired her Figure 30 Butt to strengthen the glutes. It’s supposed to be good for knee issues. I like her older stuff- the more recent ones that are one on one in her studio I am gradually getting used to. Try to find the TLT series. Those are good. I think it’s 4 DVDs with different people leading.

Today and yesterday were laps at the pool.

Have a great day!

Lori
Old 04-11-23, 08:33 PM  
fatkat555

Lori - I found a way to modify the burpees and mountain climbers. I just use my old Firm Fanny Lifter step box and hold onto that instead of going to the floor. It’s MUCH more doable for me now. I did another of hers from her Metabolic series and I’m very sore in my legs today.

I have the TLTs that you had mentioned and I haven’t pulled those out in ages. I love her Figure 30 series. I read somewhere that these two, the Figure 30 Butt and Figure 30 Hips, are considered barre. I wouldn’t have thought that, but after doing them I can see why but it’s not pure barre. Quite honestly, many parts of Firm Vol 2 could be considered barre these days.

Speaking of barre… I’m going to do a barre workout tonight and I might break into a new-to-me video.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 06:09 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi-

Today was Cathe Live-Upper Body Bliss (3/23/23). This one was good; not too hard, but thorough.

Have a great night!

Lori
Old 04-13-23, 12:43 PM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi and happy April! I haven’t checked in yet!!

Hope you’re all well.
Lori, enjoy swimming. Hope your knee feels better.
Jen, Hi!
Allie, glad your Aunt is well and all is getting back to normal. Life is so fragile.

For me still has been barre and yoga.
Had to ease up a bit on barre, this past week, I tweaked my back I don’t know how. But now it feels almost normal. What a hassle.
Made me very humble.

Have an amazing day.
bfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-23, 02:54 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi All-

Bita- I hope your back heals well!

Yesterday and today was swimming, with some stretching thrown in. My knees have been behaving lately, thank goodness!

Have a great night!

Lori