Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-23, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. May 21

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 08:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks sooooo much, Laura for the thread titles lasting into November . I had fun last night seeing friends from circus and watching their students perform. Today, I’ll take a walk and putz around outside pulling weeds and scraping paint.

Vantreesta, nice to get to know a neighbor better! I saw lots of goslings and ducklings at the park yesterday - everything from new hatchlings to teenage sized awkward geese . Some state agency (DNR?) is bringing more feathered babies into that pond for the parents there to adopt them. Glad Cyric is being a mellow dog!

Laura, yay for getting the medication for your cat - hopefully she’s feeling pretty normal now. Sorry your MIL is far away enough to have to look for housing nearby. Hope they figured out the drugs! Happy birthday to your mom! Glad you had a great Zoom call!

Paula, I wasn’t quite sure what that movie was about, but didn’t expect sci-fi.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-21-23, 03:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. You're welcome on the themes. It's nice to have enough to last quite a while. The show sounds nice. How did it all go? In Maryland, they used to cull the herd that gathered around the golf course behind the houses across the street from us. We constantly had deer in our yard there and sometimes it just got out of control. We had the same reaction as you - it was sad, but needed.

We had Mom and Dad over for dinner. I fixed Chicken Marsala and it was a nice time. That's about all we've done today. I do need to do a load of laundry sometime this evening.

Paula - I'm that way with emails from some organizations. I just delete everything they send and I'm sure sometimes I miss legitimate (in my eyes) things that I might have an interest in. It's ridiculous how emails can pile up. Recently, I've been trying to unsubscribe from organizations I no longer have an interest in hearing from.

Vantreesta - Good luck with your foam roller workouts. I hope they work for you. It's good that Cyric was as relaxed as he was while you talked to the neighbor.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 10:19 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. The only workout today was a neighborhood walk with DH and my PT routine, never got around to getting in my Pahla B workout.

Grocery and food prep day.

Thanks for getting us started Anita, thanks for another good theme Laura.

Anita, glad you had fun last night at circus. Did you feel sorry that you’re no longer doing circus? I think I’d feel a bit nostalgia. Hope you did something more fun that paint scraping. We saw a coupe goose families on our walk this morning, one had five teenage ones – they were awkward and funny.

Laura, nice to have your parents over for dinner. Will you be going back to WV soon or can the relatives there take care of your MIL’s needs? I need to unsubscribe from more sites. However my experience has been even when you unsubscribe the emails keep coming regardless.

Vantreestra, thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check it out. I’ve appreciated your Sarah Starr recommendation. The work you’ve done with Cyric is paying off.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 07:06 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m starting with waterfowl babies this morning! There’s lots more protective clothing and safety processes involved as these birds are going through a bad influenza, but I hope all goes smoothly. Afterwards I’ll go for a walk and do some more scraping out back - not much has been done on my shed so far . No Spades planned for tonight.

Laura, the show was fun - I knew a few of the performers, so it was good to see them do their shows. Glad you were able to celebrate with Mom! I discard lots of emails also! I’m glad my mail seems to toss out lots of junk on its own.

Paula, I miss circus, but not the pain from doing some of those tricks! I kind of miss my work as secretary at circus, but it just is as it is…. I used to hang out with my friends after class, now nothing…. It just is what it is….

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-22-23, 05:13 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been another busy day. I'm ready for a break and can't seem to get one. Maybe this coming weekend. We're not doing anything for the long weekend.

We took Polly to the vet this morning for her monthly arthritis shot. She has really seemed to respond to it and has been rolling over more when we play with her. This afternoon, I did a grocery store pick-up and threw on a load of laundry, and made an ice cream cake (for Mom's birthday tomorrow). This evening, I have a Zoom training session.

Paula - Yeah, that's why when I try to unsubscribe and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, I right-click on an email from them, choose Rules...,, click on "Always move messages from: "them", click on "Deleted Items" or "Trash", and click OK. Then, when I get a message from them again, my system automatically moves their message to the trash without me doing anything else. It's what I call "fixing their little red wagon".

Anita - I'm glad you enjoyed going to the performance. It's too bad that position was ended. But, as you said, it is what it is. My mail does dump a lot of emails in the Junk Mail folder. I still go through them because sometimes they get it wrong and delete something I want, but it seems like an easier process in that folder.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-22-23, 09:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Walking With Weights, Karen Voight Pure & Simple Stretch the Floor Stretch, a neighborhood walk with DH and, of course, my PT routine.

Anita, I’m sorry to hear the birds in your area are experiencing an influenza outbreak – I hope it doesn’t jump to people. The parrots came flying through on our morning walk today – we rarely see them. I love them DH thinks they’re loud and messy – which they are. I hear you about not missing pain from the circus moves. I loved yoga but I don’t miss the wrist pain I was getting from doing it nearly everyday. Life does change and I miss the personal interaction I had when I was working. I guess work life is different now, so many people didn’t go back to working in a office after COVID.

Laura, we don’t have any plans for this weekend either. We rarely go anywhere for Memorial Day or Labor Day – everything is too crowded. Glad Polly is feeling better with her medication. I’ll try your suggestion on the sites I’ve tried to unsubscribe, thanks. I never thought of that.
Old 05-23-23, 08:24 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going to the strength class, going for a walk, stopping by the post office and stopping by the police to dump some old drugs. I’m still putzing around the back yard and shed and could also do something in my basement…. My putzing moves me forward a little bit on about 7 projects, but nothing finished… Luckily retirement is kind of like that with lots of free time.

Laura, glad Polly is enjoying feeling pain-free after her meds. I’ll have to use that little email trick to reduce some junk mail.

Paula, I can’t imagine seeing parrots outside! Cool! Yeah, whenever I pass my old worksite, it’s kind of sad to see about 10% of the cars that used to be there. I never liked to work from home - I want a separation from work and personal life and get distracted by home things when I’m on the computer. I’m glad not to ever really have to do that! Supposedly my work group has moved to a different building so nothing there is as it was when I worked there. I do wonder about the coveted ramp parking though - there was a 22 year waiting period for space in there - I’d be qualifying for a space there soon! Wonder now if there’s lots of spaces available…

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-23-23, 08:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a little less busy, which was nice. We did a big load of covers and sheets and changed the bed. I also finished up Mom's ice cream cakes (I made multiple smaller cakes instead of one big one). After lunch, we took dessert over to Mom and Dad's and celebrated Mom's birthday. She seemed to really enjoy it. This evening, I went to the library.

I've done something interesting this week. I'm going through a process to learn to write copy for my website. I went through an exercise to come up with a bulleted list of points for several topics. I've been hearing so much about AI this and that and know there are some tools that are good for writers. So I found one that gives a free trial and have been inputting a bulleted list and having the AI rewrite it for me. Then, I take what it comes up with and edit it. It's SO MUCH easier than writing everything myself from scratch. It's pretty cool and it does save a lot of time.

As far as the email trick I typed out, in one of my classes long ago, I was covering rules and someone wanted to know the quickest and easiest way to use a rule to get rid of email. That's what I came up with and I've used it ever since that class.

Paula - Yeah, we never go anywhere over those holidays except for times in the past when a cruise was leaving or coming back during it. That was unusual though. We usually went before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. And we used to go see family sometimes when we worked because of the additional day off, but we don't do that anymore since we retired.

Anita - Yeah, I've found that I lose focus some in retirement. I work on my book, but forget to get things done around the house.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-23-23, 09:34 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 1 Push (Strength) followed by Tamilee Floor Stretch and my PT routine.

Anita, slow and steady is the best way to make progress on a variety of projects. I get a kick out of the parrots. I may have told you the story behind the parrots before, but if I didn’t the short version is long ago parrots were indigenous here but died off. But released or escaped pets got together and did what comes naturally and now we have a couple good size flocks. They are red crested parrots – green bodies with a red tuff on the head. They seem to have a route they fly around so they come and go in my city. But when I was working at the university a flock came in every evening and settled in for the night in a couple of trees by the Science Building. The trees had buildings on three sides so the area was well protected which is probably why they liked it.

Laura, sounds like you and Anita both had productive days. I’m sure your parents appreciate the time you are able to spend with them. Good for you finding and making that AI work for you – I have no understanding how AI works but I know it’s talked about a lot. Back when my family lived in CA, we’d go to someone’s home for Memorial Day or Labor Day get together. But we learned early on not to try to go camping or to a hotel those weekends – everything is too crowded to be fun.