Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-23, 07:24 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post

Thanks for the birthday wishes, but my b-day isn't until the 22nd.
So we'll call it your Birthday MONTH !!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 07:57 PM  
Helen

LILI
Now that I have a DATE, have put your birthday in my iCal.
You can have the hugs anyway - go ahead - take 'em!

CLEDA
I just discovered Humberman this last week as well!!! How weird is THAT?!?! I'm really enjoying him - science based to the point where he'll almost dismiss something if is isn't from a decent enough journal (love that!), comfortable voice, & conversational demeanour - not to mention the content!

VANNIE
The Kassandra challenge - do you think it was filmed all in one day? Is it possible that it's been snowing for so many days in a row? Does that happen? I don't mind - actually LIKE the consistent clothing - just wondering. It'd be a hectic day though, if it WAS done all (or even most) on the one day.

GENERAL
The change of season has firmly reached down here as well - even had the heater on (just LOW, but on) last night. Cardigan weather in the day-time. It's so wonderful not to be sticky from humidity/heat.

MY Wednesday
• walked Alice
• trip out for plants for indoor vertical garden (only did 'window shopping')
Cathe - STS 2 Back Shoulders Triceps (yeah, that hurt)
Kassandra's Day 5 April Challenge
• up to attic to hunt a pattern for Cait's jumper: turned pages of EVERY pattern I had - I may have drooled a bit at the really old 'sweater girl' kinds, but nothing matched what she wanted (only looking for the shape). Found one online - we're happy & shall have my outing to buy the wool today.

Thursday options: (in order this time)
• Kassandra's Day 6 April Challenge
• vacuuming
• bath Alice (should I? We're off to the farm next week anyway... dust, dirt...)
• walk Alice
• trip out for wool for Cait's jumper (Alice is allowed into the wool shop)
• weeding - esp. the cacti
• repot a Bromeliad
• STS 3 Legs probably need to wait until legs less sore - and find something else
• jump with Kathryn?? - no decision yet IF she's in, nor what we'd do - that's an evening thing, ready for 7:30 jump.
• marking for work

Had best get on with it!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 04:48 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

So I don't get behind

Helen: I just downloaded several more of Huberman Labs (that interest me). I love that they are so long (in addition to all the "like" things you mentioned!). I can listen to one for several days (only listen in the car!!) That is strange. (cue Twilight Zone music!) A friend recommended them to me.

Waves to Lili & Vantreesta.

4/12/2023: Pickleball 2.5 hours.

There were only 4 of us, so we kept switching partners, so it was a solid 2.5 hours of playing (OUTSIDE!) The weather was gorgeous. A little breezy and in the 80s, but it was great. I needed that vitamin D.

Came home, changed my clothes to do the bike - but well, that didn't happen! I ended up reading some and dozing on the couch. Life is good.

Have a great day all.
Cleda
Old 04-13-23, 08:29 PM  
Helen

Friday already - damn! I've procrastinated about the housework & marking too long - and can NOT let myself sit & knit all day now that I have the makings. 8pm at the earliest. It's a challenging pattern - body done on circular needle, sleeves done on 4 pins.

CLEDA
You sound MUCH happier! That Vit D, moving with friends, the weather, .... all of the above.

Thursday
Day 6 of Kassandra's April Challenge (they're only 10min, so nothing dramatic , but they're getting me INTO the gym for the day).
Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step - Kwiki Platter 1 (essentially 1st half mix), with Kathryn
short dog walk stopped on the way home from the wool-buying outing and it started sprinkling JUST as we went back to the car.

And it's raining again today, heavier. Alice is NOT happy.

Friday options - not even contemplating anything outdoors
• Kassandra's Day 7 April Challenge (no brainer)
• vacuuming (have been avoiding this)
• walk Alice (if I can - may need to be an in-house game instead)
• STS 3 Legs (definitely - DOMS subsided)
• jump with Kathryn (discussed - possibly Leslie as her Mum will be visiting and likely to come & play with us)
• marking for work (have been avoiding this too)

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-14-23, 05:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I've also been listening to a podcast, I think it's called Truth & Lies and I'm listening to a series on Jeffrey Epstein. Very disturbing, but it holds my interest while I'm driving or gardening.

Helen - Since you were looking for a jumper pattern, have you ever checked Ravelry.com? It's free to join and they have tons of patterns, many of them free. I'm a regular on there, always planning my next project and cataloguing my yarn and projects. I'm Lili52 over there if you want to check out my projects.
Cleda - Playing Pickleball, especially when you aren't sitting out any rounds, is definitely a workout!
Waves to Vantreesta!

4/12 - dog walk
finished mowing, 20-30 minutes
Day 3 Beginner Trampoline Challenge
Lift w/ Cee #32
4/13 - dog walk
Dr. Bri's Foot Workout for Pelvic Floor
2010's Power Walk w/ Gina B
70's & Disco Walk w/ Fit & Hungry
4/14 - Hike, 3.59 miles
Lift w/ Cee #25
Day 4 Beg. Tramp Challenge

I am enjoying the rebounding workouts. The instructor is Michelle Briehler, and I think she has more than just rebounder workouts. The challenge workouts are 15-20 minutes and include other things, like ab work, today's had some weight work.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-23, 08:00 PM  
Helen

LILI
Oh yes, podcasts whilst gardening is definitely a thing for me! Particularly weeding. Don't know that I could handle 'Truth & Lies' though. Find 'based on a true story' that involves heinous deeds physically affects me.

Thankyou !! for the knitting site! Shall look it up (and you) today. ETA THANKYOU!! Favourited 4 of yours! Those with fair-isle on the yoke - just LOVELY !! but there are so MANY things you've made there!!!! SO MANY!!!

Found a freebie on Drops Designs that Cait likes the shape of. I just need to do the navy/white stripes. It's >> here <<. Looked simple enough, but it's knitted entirely on circular needles (body) or 4-pins (sleeves), and from the top down. New to me. I'm also using 4-ply so it'll be finer. Did a tension square yesterday to adjust number of stitches for correct size.

Friday
My day ended being a schlumpy one. All I achieved was one batch of marking & tension square, then adjusted stitch counts for the jumper. Other than that, walked Alice once the rain stopped & watched YouTube reviews of "fitness influencers", but they didn't influence me enough to go & jump. Was supposed to do a Leslie with Kathryn & her mum, but they got sidetracked & forgot to tell me we wouldn't be doing it. Burst my bubble a little. This is very rare for her, so I'm not annoyed.

Not making any plans for today (Saturday) as I don't want to fail - but it IS sunny out so that's a good start.

To ENSURE a better day than yesterday - checking back regularly with what I've been doing
You KNOW this helps - feel perfectly free to ignore!

Quite a bit of time poking around Lili's knitting site!
Fiddled with Pilates Ring workouts (YT downloads) to make vids of them - first currently being made
Walk Alice - an hour, there was a wedding in the big local park. It's pretty with a large rotunda/pergola. That got me OUT for the day - quite warm (mid 70s), still, & sunny.
Set myself up for marking & one student's marked
Kassandra Day 7 which got me into the gym for the day, then stayed to do....
Meditation - Day 6 of Advanced I Did all 5 of the Foundations Series, then moved on. Still happening most days.
Pilates Ring Disc 1 made (Video_TS), then converted to burnable DVD file (iso)
Next: Set Pilates Ring Disc 1 to burn
then Another student's assignment to be marked - fresh coffee is made

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-15-23, 09:46 AM  
Helen

Gave up editing on the computer - kept getting internal error so I’m on the phone
Burnt the Pilates disc - still need to design and print the disc (I like them pretty!)
Finished a whole class of assignments
30min from YouTube The Fitness Marshall - Light Sweat Playlist to lighten my mood as was beginning to slump and it worked
Cathe - Step, Jump, & Pump - no weights mix with Kathryn so STS legs didn’t get done

Spent well over an hour in the Ravelry site!!!

Sunday tomorrow, another set of assignments to mark and these are much longer! Different class.
Finished the evening knitting with TV then got sidetracked online.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-15-23, 04:39 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Welcome to the Ravelry rabbit hole! I spend way too much time there, but I'm retired and have time to spare. I find it to be a well designed site. Knitting in the round is much easier for me, you don't have to purl the wrong side rows! Just knit knit knit. The beginning is fiddly, but once you get going it's all good. Yes, I have a lot of projects, but I've been posting my projects for many years now. Good luck with your jumper!
Waves to Cleda & Vantreesta!

4/15 - short dog walk
Mowed again. We normally take turns, but hubby twisted his ankle the other day. It's a good workout.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-23, 03:02 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Getting caught up

Before it's a new week .....
(and I'm procrastinating!)

Nothing much to write home about:

4/13/2023: Row 20 mins

4/14/2023: row 15 mins. 5 mins. standing abs

4/15/2023: PitBull Ride 30 mins + Billy joel ride (45 mins.)** Oh and 10 mins. of some rebounding from you tube, but ZERO energy, so gave up.

**These were an attempt to get me motivated and having fun. It did not work. I don't like Pitbull, but I do like the Pitbull ride. There is lots of driving beats.

Debating on doing something today.
Other than sit on the couch and read.

Till next time.
Cleda
Old 04-16-23, 07:12 PM  
Helen

Sunday
Kassandra's April Challenge - Day 8
Cathe - STS - 03 Legs
2 hour dog walk

no buddy-jump