Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-01-23, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers March 2023

Hard to believe it is a new month but here we are! Spring has spring here and I am sure it’s on its way in many places.

I went to Burn for legs tonight. It was excellent with all the old favs like squats and lunges and glute bridges. Last night was Burn for upper body and 20 minutes on the treadmill.

It was a hair cooler today and we are supposed to get rain Friday and it will cool a bit more.

Waves everyone!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 09:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff that vegan meal sounds delicious. I had to look up chayote. I was thinking it was a type of hard squash like acorn or butternut and I guess it is similar as my source called it a gourd.
Old 03-02-23, 10:53 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Cathe's Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes workout. I'm kind of spoiled with Body Combat now and I found the kickboxing portion of Cathe pretty boring and the music uninspiring. I feel bad saying that though since I always liked Cathe's kickbox workouts! My favorite is still Rockout Knockout since the music is great in that one.

Karjoy
- According to the chef, the chayote is if a pear and a squash had a baby . He cut it in half, cooked it sous-vide first, then seared it on the pan before putting the sauce on it. He garnished with cooked radish, micro greens and a mixture of pumpkin seeds and some other kinds of nuts and spices. It was very tender. Words can't describe how good it was. I've never seen or tasted cooked radishes and they were so good.

We're going to be the 70s today so I'm thinking spring is here.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 08:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Went for a nice 40 minute walk tonight. It felt cooler because it was cloudy and very breezy. Made myself walk some tough hills as fast as I could. Always gets the heart rate up. I be wanted to run a little but my legs wouldn’t have it after doing lower body yesterday.

Lots of people with allergy symptoms are coming in. Thank goodness there are excellent OTC meds now for allergies.

Jbliff I am amazed what some creative chefs can do with food. I just am not that creative. I have never had cooked radishes either. I have only done a few Body Combat classes but they were excellent.

Cher how is your family? Thinking of you.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.

Waves
Old 03-03-23, 02:47 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Cathe's Perfect Pump upper body + 30 minutes on the elliptical. Amazingly, DH is still lifting with me. He said his joints are not creaking near as much since he's been working out with me and his shoulders used to hurt but don't hurt anymore!

Karjoy - I'm not looking forward to allergy season. I just hope we don't get a surprise snowstorm, which has been known to happen.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 03-03-23, 09:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Resting today because I am doing metabolic testing tomorrow. I am going to FSU college of Medicine and Sports Sciences tomorrow to do lactate threshold testing and VO2 max testing. These are measures of maximum oxygen intake and the point where, during exercise, you start to show a lot of lactate in your blood. It is sort of a measure of how hard you can work without undue metabolic strain. This is highly technical but a good test for endurance athletes. I got a discount through our local triathlon club. Our results may be used in research. I’ll share details tomorrow.
Old 03-04-23, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

My exercise testing went pretty well. It was done on a stationary bike. It took a while to get set up to get the bike height just right, HR monitor on and a tight fitting face mask just right. Then there is a 5 minute warm up and every few minutes they add 20 watts to the 100 you start with. It got really rough for me in the 4th stage and I was gasping for air. And then my RPMs went down and my legs literally stopped. I ground out one more RPM and there was nothing left in the tank. One glitch I had was that my R clip in bike shoe would occasionally slip off the pedal clip and a second or 2 was wasted and pedaling stopped. My data should be ready in a few days and I may have to repeat the test. At least I know what I’m in for.

I foolishly thought I might do a short and easy treadmill run later but that did not happen. 🤣

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 03-05-23, 04:03 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. We had a couple of friends come stay with us for the weekend so we had lunch then went for a really long walk (about 2 hours) and then made a great dinner and played games until about 12:30 a.m. It's the latest I've stayed up for a long time! We had a great time though.

Karjoy
- Your testing sounds grueling and interesting. I can imagine your legs could just seize up if you've given it everything you've got. Sometimes you see professional cyclists just completely lock up after a grueling race.

Our weather has been so spectacular this weekend--60s and sunny. I hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday.

Waves!
Old 03-05-23, 04:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff sounds like a relaxing, lovely weekend. Glad you could visit with friends. And even better that you had gorgeous weather.

Today was a recovery run, 30 minutes, darned slow, on the treadmill. Feels good to plod sometimes.

Gibbee, do you think you will sign up for the Cathe trip?

Waves to all.
Old 03-07-23, 10:30 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Sunday was a 67-minute walk with our friends in great weather--we didn't even need a jacket! Monday's workout was a total body metcon workout + a walk with DH.

Have a great day, everyone.