Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-23, 11:23 PM  
Vantreesta

May thread!

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...06#post2996506
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-23, 10:57 PM  
Vantreesta

I sit down to post and find myself distracted by Sudoku, YouTube and shopping! I need to go to bed soon so just the workouts for now.

Tue 4/18 83 minutes
10 minutes (from morning mobility routine)
20 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.13 mi) headache all afternoon & evening

Wed 4/19 171 minutes
16 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 16 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch to Open Your Hips, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 16)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
11 minutes (from HellahGood -Everyday Pre-run Warm Up Routine | Running Activation, YT)
29 minutes (from 2.14 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk2 day1)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
19 minutes (from C. Jordan How To Massage Your Shins, Calves, and Ankles, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
23 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.51 mi)

Thu 4/20 35 minutes
35 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.11 mi)

Fri 4/21 111 minutes
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
11 minutes (from HellahGood -Everyday Pre-run Warm Up Routine | Running Activation, YT)
29 minutes (from 1.82 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk2 day2/VA German Forests Hike) 1st time --obviously tm is much harder and slower for me!
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
17 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yin Yoga for the Piriformis Muscle (Great for Sciatica & Piriformis Syndrome), YT) 1st time this was relaxing and felt good but can't replace my usual post-run practice
18 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi) cold, blustery, sleet, snow, wind--bah!

Sat 4/22 93 minutes
25 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
15 minutes (from stretch & mobility)
53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.31 mi)

Sun 4/23 63 minutes
22 minutes (from walk to/from church)
41 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.56 mi)

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-27-23, 12:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Monday and Wednesday were my usual warmups, run and cool down stretches. It looks like so much when I list them but but several are only 5 minutes each. Tuesday I had blood draw and mammo. Thankfully my cholesterol and triglycerides have improved and the mammo was clear. But Monday I didn't eat nearly enough, especially with all the exercise, and then fasting after that and the weird way I had to hold my head and shoulders for the mammo made me tired, tense and headachy. I took a 1 1/2 hour nap after I had breakfast and ran a few errands but the headache persisted. I scrapped my planned workouts for the day and did the only thing I could muster, 21 minutes Dr. Bri Physical Therapy Neck & Shoulder Stretches for Pelvic Health. The stretches, some massage and using my pressure point headrest felt good while doing them but didn't provide any lasting relief so I took smthg for it when I went to bed. Last night after our third walk I got another bad headache, enough that I slept in the recliner so my head could be elevated. I'm really hoping my body has readjusted now from being off routine and I won't have more headaches the rest of the week. I way overslept today till 9:20, through four or five alarms. Busy tonight so I'm not sure how much exercise I'm gonna get in today bc I want to spend time with Cyric too. And have to run pick up his meds and few grocery items. But I will at least do a short yoga practice!

Old 04-28-23, 09:26 PM  
Vantreesta

No headaches yesterday or today, thankfully! Last night we went to see Buddy Guy and had a great time. It was a late night for hubby who usually goes to bed 2 1/2 hours before we got home. I stretched for 15 minutes before bed and that was it besides two dog walks. Today I did day 16 of five of my challenges plus my level 1 PT exercises.

Old 04-29-23, 11:27 AM  
Leonana

Thursday I had implant surgery for two molars, so no workouts until Monday. It’s a little sore, but not too painful. I do go to work on Friday, so did my usual walking.

Vannie, I’m glad your headaches are gone.
Old 04-29-23, 12:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry! I hope your mouth heals quickly!

Old 04-29-23, 01:59 PM  
Leonana

Thanks Vannie!