Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-23, 06:36 PM  
MathTeacher

Welcome, Softshoe. We're happy to have you join us.

I have not gotten off to a great start. DH has been in Little Rock with the ARNG for disaster relief. I had to take him more supplies yesterday. I'm not good at exercising when I am by myself. I swear I will ride my bike tonight with one eye on the weather

Vannie, I can't believe you still have snow. It was 89 degrees today. That tied a record set in the 1800's.

Sherry, I a m jealous of your trip to Panda Express. I used to eat there all the time when I live near a mall.

Hi Katie!
Old 04-04-23, 08:57 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess my morning melted away! Last night and this morning I was playing catch up on some of my logging/tracking that I let slide when I was at Dad's. Hopefully it's all done now. But since I "wasted" so much time I had to revise my expectations for the day, both in housework and workouts. So I did day 3 of Kassandra's challenge, day 2 of Melissa Oleson's, and day 15 of David O's challenge from January. So around 40 minutes of yoga total. It felt good. My abs and lower body are sore (the good kind) from yesterday.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 04:52 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I did three hours of gardening. Figuring out new goals.

Vantreesta, you are incredibly organized. I find it inspiring.
Old 04-05-23, 07:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
I did three hours of gardening. Figuring out new goals.

Vantreesta, you are incredibly organized. I find it inspiring.
Haha! It's funny to hear that after the day I had yesterday! It was a good thing hubby got home earlier than usual bc I couldn't seem to get on top of making supper, even though it's a meal we have made for years! Somehow I just totally forgot how we do it and had too many things trying to go at once. He kept saying are you sure you don't need help? Finally I realized that yes, indeed, I did need help if I didn't want to ruin it all!

Great job on the gardening!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-05-23, 06:16 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday evening I did 15 Minutes of Beth's Restorative Yoga to Enhance Vagal Tone. I stopped because I didn't have enough throw pillows to put on the floor for the correct moves. So I finished with Yoga with Kassandra's 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Beginners. I also did some of my own stretching.

Welcome, Softshoe.

MT, we are supposed to be in the high 90's next week. Aaack! We also have stand alone Panda Express restaurants, but we happened to be in the mall that evening.

Vannie, glad you were able to get dinner made!
Old 04-06-23, 12:31 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I did Lee Holden's QiGong for Strong Bones.

Hi Sherry, thank you for the welcome.

Vannie, I love your dinner story!
Old 04-06-23, 11:52 AM  
Vantreesta

Quickie for now. Yesterday I frittered the day away. I had a chiropractor appt in the morning and I had planned to workout before the Twins pregame started at 11:30 or at least do something during the game but it never happened. At 4:00 I finally did day 4 of Kassandra's and day 3 of Melissa's challenges and that was it. I haven't done my toe and foot exercises the last two days so I have to today! I have a run scheduled for today but my shins are tender so I'll see how things feel this afternoon.

Old 04-07-23, 12:47 AM  
Vantreesta

Workouts today were Caroline Jordan 15 Minute Glute Activation Workout, Jenny Ford March Across America California, and Livinleggings Full body stretch that won't break a sweat - Gentle Flexibility Flow.

Softshoe, I really like Lee Holden. Qi Gong is very relaxing for me and can help with headaches sometimes.

Sherry, needing more throw pillows for a practice sounds so relaxing!

MT, I hope your DH is back home and things have settled down.

Katie, I'm guessing you're busy with the ranch. Hope all is well!

Old 04-07-23, 03:35 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Went for a hike today. DH and I went to Pacheco State Park. Green hills covered with Spring flowers. It was beautiful. The paths were old fire roads, no switchbacks. It was all up up or down down. In other words, it was steep. We stopped for a picnic and to watch the birds. We saw a lot of California ground squirrels, they were everywhere. We saw lizards and newts and cute little frogs. A great time and got some exercise.
Old 04-09-23, 09:50 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm not keeping track this month. I'm going to do a major overhaul of my exercise spreadsheet for next month. I'm still exercising and walking but doing a terrible job of other goals. Just one of those months with a lot going on. My mom is still in the rehab care center for her broken hip. At 95, she had gotten pretty weak which lead to the fall so who knows what is realistic for her but she is motivated and maintaining good spirits!

Vannie, is your snow going, going, gone finally! We are having some wonderful weather for a change. We are loving every moment!

MT, I hope the disasters have subsided in your area. We have family in the northwest part of the state so I try to keep track. I don't think they had any issues.

Welcome Softshoe! Love that gardening is part of your goals. We have a small greenhouse since we live in an area with a very short growing season. I just started working in it today. I couldn't get in it until our weather improved as it had a slab of ice blocking the base of hte door until recently.

Sherry, your yoga practices sound so relaxing. I need to pull out my Barbara Benagh practice.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote