Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-23, 08:18 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies-Don't look at your feet to see if you're doing it well. Just dance 4/23

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-23, 08:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing some yard work - putting down crabgrass preventer and might work on cleaning up the shelves in my garage if it’s not too cold out there. A walk will happen also today. I’m doing bedding in the washer today. Otherwise putzing…

Vantreesta, wow 5” of snow! Glad I didn’t have to shovel with these recent snowfalls. Poor ducks . Yeah, our temps have been very low for the end of April. I’m hoping that doesn’t lead to lots of baby animals not making it.

Laura, sorry you lost a post! Enjoy your time at Hilton Head!

Is Paula getting back this week?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-23-23, 01:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful day outside, sunny and cooler, but not cold. I'm trying to catch up on various things. We're having Mom and Dad over for lunch tomorrow, so I'm trying to put some stuff sitting around away. And I'm doing various things on the computer. I keep trying to get things wrapped up with that company and I'm almost there. Last night, I established my site, but did nothing to set it up. I'm trying to not jump into that rabbit hole yet.

Anita - Paula went on a week-long cruise and she left last Saturday or Sunday, so she's due back soon if not today. We don't leave until the end of the week, Friday. Once we get there, I'm planning on enjoying it!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-23, 10:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 4/18 83 minutes
10 minutes (from morning mobility routine)
20 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.13 mi) headache all afternoon & evening

Wed 4/19 171 minutes
16 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 16 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch to Open Your Hips, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 16)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
11 minutes (from HellahGood -Everyday Pre-run Warm Up Routine | Running Activation, YT)
29 minutes (from 2.14 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk2 day1)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
19 minutes (from C. Jordan How To Massage Your Shins, Calves, and Ankles, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
23 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.51 mi)

Thu 4/20 35 minutes
35 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.11 mi)

Fri 4/21 111 minutes
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
11 minutes (from HellahGood -Everyday Pre-run Warm Up Routine | Running Activation, YT)
29 minutes (from 1.82 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk2 day2/VA German Forests Hike) 1st time --obviously tm is much harder and slower for me!
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
17 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yin Yoga for the Piriformis Muscle (Great for Sciatica & Piriformis Syndrome), YT) 1st time this was relaxing and felt good but can't replace my usual post-run practice
18 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi) cold, blustery, sleet, snow, wind--bah!

Sat 4/22 93 minutes
25 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
15 minutes (from stretch & mobility)
53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.31 mi)

Sun 4/23 63 minutes
22 minutes (from walk to/from church)
41 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.56 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 06:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking my car in for an oil change, followed by a trip to the grocery store. I was lazy yesterday so didn’t do the projects I had mentioned in the yard or garage - maybe this week? I’ll be playing Yahtzee this evening.

Laura, enjoy lunch with your parents! Good luck getting those computer projects done!

Vantreesta, good job with your exercising! I get tired just reading that list!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-24-23, 08:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Anita! I do kind of miss the days when I kept it simple to report and just did a longer workout and a stretch! Oh and thanks for mentioning oil change. I forgot I need to get mine in soon too!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 05:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What a beautiful day today was. I didn't get much done, but it was a good day. We had Mom and Dad over for lunch, and then DH showed my Dad how to do Polly's medication while we were gone. (It's rubbed on her ear.) Afterward, I went to the library and did a big book swap. I plan on relaxing this evening.

Vantreesta - You had some shorter days and some fuller lists in your post. Good job on the fuller days. You can work on the shorter ones.

Anita - I plan to support you in the lazy time. We need an oil change as well. It sounds like a theme here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-24-23, 08:28 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. We got home yesterday morning and were crazy busy the rest of the day. We got unpacked, made a fast grocery run and did laundry. the weather was perfect. We got to visit some of our old haunts, enjoy umbrella drinks and overeat. I am now tired and five pounds heavier than when I left. But, we had a good time, and enjoyed being back in Mexico again even if was only for a week.

Workout this morning, was a neighborhood walk with DH and I had PT this morning.

Sorry, I haven't had time to go back and read your posts from last week. I see Laura is planning a vacation, Anita is doing yard work and hoping for Spring, and Vantreestra is putting us all to shame with exercise.

I'll try to do individual shout outs tomorrow.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-23, 07:06 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Nothing much planned for today other than going to my strength class and a walk. I’ll be doing more putzing outside - I’ve put out a pile of plant pots for free pickup and hope they begin disappearing - I might post them on our neighborhood FB group also. I also got my crabgrass preventer put out yesterday and am just about done bailing out my water feature. In a way it was good to get my oil change done early as I was ready to work outside when I got home. I forgot to mention that yesterday, I saw white big birds! I came across 4 egrets, and a flock of about 30 pelicans! I’ve never seen pelicans around here, so assume they were traveling further north. Cool!

Vantreesta, you’re doing a great job keeping track of your workouts and the times taken - it’ll serve as a nice reference for you in the future!

Laura, That’s cool that your kitty’s meds get rubbed onto her ear - beats trying to dose her orally!

Paula, welcome home! Sounds like a tasty vacation !

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-25-23, 05:17 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today flew by. This morning, I did some stuff around the house. This afternoon, I went to my infusion. I feel like of out of it due to the medication in it, but it's not too bad. This evening, I need to get some packing done.

Anita - Cool! It's nice that you know what you are looking at when you see stuff like that.

Paula - Welcome back. I hope today was a slower day for you than yesterday AND that you got some good sleep last night.

Laura's Workout Mantras: