Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-23, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I guess that means that I can read the books someday and not know what will happen. Thanks!
Yes definitely! So far anyway
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-23, 02:57 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I finished Remarkably Bright Creatures last night and loved it even though it made me cry at the end.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-23, 05:09 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Jacqueline Winspear and Donna Leon both with new releases coming out. I'm in heaven.
Old 03-07-23, 05:52 PM  
DD546

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Jacqueline Winspear and Donna Leon both with new releases coming out. I'm in heaven.
I love Jaqueline Winspear!

Since my last post, I've read: Until The End of Time by Danielle Steele; The Ghostwriter by Allesandra Torres; Farewell Miss Zukas by Jo Dereske; Still Mine by Amy Stuart; and Murder at the Pentagon by Margaret Truman. I read a lot of book sale and thrift store finds, which all of these were. I've had a bunch of my library holds (digital) come in, so I have to get busy to read those within the alloted time. They always seem to become available at the same time!
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 09:09 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I finished Remarkably Bright Creatures last night and loved it even though it made me cry at the end.
I loved this book too.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 09:11 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I finished the Handmaid's Tale sequel, Testaments. I liked it but found it a bit slow and was somewhat disappointed in the end (I wanted more). I also thought that the characters of the 2 girls felt inconsistent.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 09:55 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
I loved this book too.

Patrice
I think I'm the only one who hated this book. It's not a genre I typically like, though.

I finished reading Spare by Prince Harry. I'm not sure why I read it really since I don't care about the monarchy. Maybe just because it's so popular and so many people seemed to really like it. It made me really uncomfortable at times and I wonder if Prince Harry plans on being estranged from his family because I don't see how they can repair relationships after he put that all out there.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 09:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I finished the Handmaid's Tale sequel, Testaments. I liked it but found it a bit slow and was somewhat disappointed in the end (I wanted more). I also thought that the characters of the 2 girls felt inconsistent.
I've heard the same from others.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 11:21 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I think I'm the only one who hated this book. It's not a genre I typically like, though.

I finished reading Spare by Prince Harry. I'm not sure why I read it really since I don't care about the monarchy. Maybe just because it's so popular and so many people seemed to really like it. It made me really uncomfortable at times and I wonder if Prince Harry plans on being estranged from his family because I don't see how they can repair relationships after he put that all out there.
Not my typical genre either. A friend who reads more "literary fiction" pressed it on me and I expected to read a few pages and give it back, but was instantly hooked. Really wanted to smack Cameron through most of it, but enjoyed Tova's journey.

Haven't yet read Spare, but listened to a discussion about it on the Smart B*tches podcast and am intrigued. Cannot imagine how they could now go to the coronation without a huge level of discomfort, not to mention the media uproar that would overwhelm the event.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 12:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Erica
I have not read Spare and don’t think I will. I’m not sure how Harry felt airing his family’s dirty laundry would benefit him and I agree that he’s likely nixed any hope of repairing the relationships. We are still tied to the monarchy up here in Canada and I think the monarchy is definitely approaching its “best before date”.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, off topic, off-topic, reading, spring reading