Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-23, 09:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for missing me, guys. That's so sweet.

Karen, we don't have any streaming subscriptions. I refuse to drop cable as long as I can see my Twins play baseball every day!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-23, 08:15 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was upper body + abs and 15 minutes on the elliptical, in addition to house cleaning .

Karjoy - All I can say is you're in amazing shape. We are getting some rain and a cooldown but our weather is not bad at all.

Vannie - I dropped cable but can still watch all my professional basketball games. We saved $60/month and get a lot more than we used to with cable. However, it depends on what cable plan you have.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-23, 09:46 AM  
Vantreesta

That's great you can still watch your basketball, JB. As far as I can tell there is no streaming service that has all MLB games. To be honest I hate the whole streaming thing, especially since they have taken some of my shows off regular cable to move them to streaming only for new episodes. My brother works for a cable company and has a few streaming services in addition to his cable. He said you can often end up spending just as much on streaming bc not every company will have all your shows so you may need three or four subscriptions to replace your cable just to get the shows you already watch on cable. I have too many shows and would get irritated if I had to remember which subscription I had to go to for each show.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-23, 09:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Rest day for me.

Ahhh, streaming services. I will share my tale tomorrow about our streaming saga. At one time we had Comcast and Metronet.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-23, 08:52 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning + about 50 minutes of kickboxing in the afternoon.

Vannie - I know people who have 3-4 streaming services and only watch one or two shows on each. The cost can really add up. We just hardly ever watched anything on cable so it was easy to cut the cord.

Karjoy - Can't wait to hear about your streaming saga!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-14-23, 08:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Swam 25 min and then ran 30 on the mill. I am not a great swimmer. I have to work hard to get better and that means a lot of swimming, preferably daily. My friend Chris is a great swimmer. True story: a couple years ago she decided to do a sprint triathlon about a week before. She had running and cycling under her belt but wondered about her swimming. So maybe 3 days before the event she swam a few laps and figured she could easily swim the 500 yds in the tri. She did fine. I would have had to swim 6 weeks to work up to that!

Streaming saga: we were vaguely dissatisfied with Comcast. Very expensive, and we felt for the price we should get more more movie channels. So my DH and I talked and decided to try MetroNet. But Ben decided to keep Comcast while we “compared” the two. So for a few months we had a huge cable bill and to make a long story short, we decided we liked Comcast better and got rid of MetroNet. The Comcast Wi-Fi is better. And when we told Comcast that we were switching the lowered our monthly rate and added a few more channels!
There’s a lesson here but I don’t know what it is.

We have just Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Night all.
Old 03-15-23, 12:56 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a barre workout + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - That's pretty amazing about your friend Chris. I've never heard of MetroNet. When I told Verizon last year I was stopping the cable TV service after they announced yet another price increase, they just said OK. In the past, each time I told them I was thinking of dropping cable, they would offer me all kinds of deals and discounts. We are keeping our internet with Verizon though since it's FIOS.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-15-23, 08:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 30 min swim and some upper body with tubing on my own.
Old 03-16-23, 04:18 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Body Combat + 20 minutes of yoga.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 03-17-23, 06:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yesterday I ran 40 minutes on the mill and today I did Burn legs and about a 30 minute swim. Very slowly getting a little better at swimming. It has been kinda quiet at the pool as it is spring break here for county schools and the university. I have not had to wait for or share a lane. They have great showers there too.

I’m watching Outlanders on Netflix. I really like it but sometimes the violence is a little much for me. The scenery and sets are gorgeous. Jbliff I think I will watch the Attorney Woo series you mentioned next. There’s a ton of good stuff on Netflix. I also have a British TV ap and it’s $6.99 a month. I don’t watch it really often but there’s some great stuff you can’t find readily on other streaming services. It is called Acorn.