Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-23, 08:06 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - On Easter, you CAN put all your eggs in one basket! 4/9

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-23, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy Easter!

I did go to a friend’s house for dinner last night and we did do a walk beforehand. It’s still melting here - my north side of the house still has about a foot deep of snow on my yard, porch and stairs, but I’m pretty sure that will melt this week! I am soooooo looking forward to true spring here! Nothing officially planned for Easter here - the church has already started…. I might cook some eggs for breakfast. Today I’m planning on taking a walk this morning as it’s supposed to rain this afternoon. Otherwise putzing!

Laura, was your French silk pie OK to eat? Hope it was still delicious! Hope your day is sunny !

Paula, thanks for your sunscreen info. I’ll look into that as I come to the end of my Oil of Olay. I think the mineral based sunscreens do dry out your skin a bit, so that may be what’s happening to you.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-09-23, 08:00 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy Easter! It was a good day here. This morning, I made the whipped cream and put it on the pie. Then, we attended the Easter service live. Usually, we are a week behind so that we can start the service whenever we are ready, but I wanted to see the Easter service on Easter. This afternoon, we went to my parents' house and we had the French Silk Pie and DH had brownies. It was still really good, even without one egg. This afternoon, we came home and did laundry and cleaned out the dishwasher of the clean dishes.

And the was OUT! It was really good to see it after 48-60 hours of cloudy, rainy, dreary weather. Apparently, we have gone from mild drought to having plenty of rain.

Anita - It's good you got to get together with a friend last night. Hopefully, you had a good day of putzing.

Paula - With the recipe I have, you beat butter, vanilla, and brown sugar together and then add melted chocolate. Then you add four eggs, one at a time and beating the mixture for five minutes before adding the next egg. Then, I whip cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together and put it on top of the chocolate mixture. It has been so much better since getting a Kitchen Aid years ago because I can walk away while the mixer is beating the eggs in. With my original mixer, I had to stand there all 20 minutes scraping the sides of the bowl. Booorrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-23, 09:38 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening and Happy Easter. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Walking with Weights. I did my PT routine twice.
It was a nice day so we went flying. We flew to Tehachapi which is in the hills near Bakersfield. You probably don’t know where any of this is but it took us over the poppy preserve in Mohave. We hadn’t heard whether the poppies were out yet but, boy howdy, they were – fields of orange. We couldn’t see individual flowers of course, but a blanket of orange and yellow.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Glad you had a nice time having dinner with your friend. Spring is coming hang on. Mineral sunscreen may be drying but most chemical sunscreens really irritate my face. But I don’t think it’s the sunscreen that drys out my skin. I think it’s Tretinoin, it’s a prescription cream, which is pretty much a known for that, but since it also makes the skin more resistant to cancer I use it six nights a week and use a lot of moisturizer. The wind makes it worse though.

Laura, Happy Easter. Glad you were able to attend the Easter service on Easter. Yay for sunshine. The pie sounds delicious. Sounds like you had a nice family day.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 07:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going for a nice walk enjoying the warm weather outside today - I may even open the windows! I still have piles of snow out back and along my driveway, but they are slowly melting! I’m hoping to clean off my back table and at least be able to sit out there - I’ve been kicking snow off the back porch all day yesterday . My brother is supposed to call me this afternoon to talk about my parent’s estate - he’s still working on that! A game of spades or Yahtzee will happen tonight.

Laura, glad your French Silk pie worked out! Good use of that Kitchen Aid! I have nothing like that and my mixer is in my give-away pile as I don’t use it much at all - maybe once in the last three years. I think that if i wanted a French Silk pie, I’d probably go pick one up!

Paula, So cool to see the poppies blooming from the sky! Thanks for your sunscreen info - I’ll be looking into that when my moisturizer gets low.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-10-23, 08:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I went to a doctor's appointment and found out it was actually scheduled for tomorrow. Since Polly has her check-up with the vet tomorrow morning, I rescheduled it for Friday.

DH worked on the taxes much of today. I worked on my business and held Polly. She was very clingy today.

Anita - Congrats on the melting snow. I'd be kicking the snow off the deck, too!

Paula - The fields of flowers sound beautiful. It's great you got to go on that flying trip.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-10-23, 10:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Today was an errands day – groceries and PT.

Anita, well Yay for sunshine and snow you can kick off the porch rather than needing to shovel. I just have a Kitchen Aid hand mixer, I don’t use it often, but it doesn’t take up that much space and when I need it, I’m really glad I have it.

Laura, we did that once with a hotel. We were traveling and got to our hotel after a day of driving and the desk clerk told us our reservation had been for the night before and we’d been charged for a no-show. Luckily the hotel wasn’t full and she gave us a room and cleared the no-show charge. I wonder how often people get appointment dates wrong.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 11:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri 4/7 101 minutes GOOD FRIDAY
6 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
8 minutes (from Dr. Bri Daily Double! Pelvic Floor Bedtime Routine At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 15, YT) 1st time

9 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 15 -Mini Band Workout for Abs, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 15 Reset, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Minute Energizing Yoga | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 15, YT) 1st time

48 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.87 mi)

Sat 4/8 47 minutes
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.8 mi)

Sun 4/9 81 minutes EASTER
22 minutes (from walk to/from church)
20 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.43 mi)

Mon 4/10 127 minutes
4 minutes (from Belly Dancer Diaries -100 Day Dance Challenge Day 2 Build Shimmy Endurance - Thunder Shimmy Workout, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 15 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)

29 minutes (from 2.09 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk1 day2)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT) 1st time

9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory)

30 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.01 mi) not feeling great tonight, skipped third

I had planned to run on Saturday but we ran errands and went to lunch and got back just in time for the Twins pregame so I didn't end up doing anything workout wise. We did have a productive day other than during the game though so I didn't beat myself up for not working out. Sunday I went to church and then watched the Twins and then another game after that. It was a nice relaxing day and it was so good to finally get back to church.

Last Monday it was like 46 when I ran. Today it was 68 and very warm. It feels so good to be running again, even if the run intervals are short. And listening to baseball while I do it just makes it even better.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 07:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking my exercise class and going for a walk. I’m loving this warm weather we’ve been having! I still have snow on my stairs to the upper level of my patio, which I cleared off, but hope that the stair’s snow will melt off today! There’s a lot of old leaves in the snow back there, so lots of clean-up! I put one of my workbenches on our neighborhood give-away FB site, but no takers yet - hope it goes soon!

Laura, I’ve had some of those conflicting appointment days also - I love my old calendar on the wall that I write everything on! Hope the taxes go smoothly and get done this week!

Paula, Eek! On your wrong hotel dates, but glad you were able to get a night in there and didn’t get punished with the no-show charge. My mixer has been sitting in my give-away pile for several months already and hasn’t been missed, but I’ll probably have it sitting there till next year.

Vantreesta, glad you’re enjoying the warm weather outside - I am kind of dreading the day in the 80s later this week though . It’s fine for a day, but not for a week. I’m still not connecting hoses outside though - waiting for the snow and ice to be fully melted and no freezing overnight temps predicted. Next week will be lots cooler!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-11-23, 08:49 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a busy day. Polly's check-in post dental surgery with the vet was this morning. She got really upset with them when they tried to open her mouth. They got somewhat of a look in her mouth, but not a good one apparently. From what they saw, everything looked fine, but they said to keep her on soft food for a couple more weeks, just in case. But, she can go outside! When we take her back in a couple of weeks when they will check her mouth and eyes, they want us to medicate her with the anti-anxiety medications. DH told them we'd give her one dose, but not two because it's too hard on her. The thing we don't understand is how she could go to this place before and see another vet and be fine and this year, they need us to medicate her every time we go. We're thinking we need to find a new vet after this round of issues because we just don't want to medicate her every time.

Anyway, we got home and she went outside much of the day. It was a beautiful spring day. This afternoon, I went to Trader Joe's and got some stuff we were running low on. Plus, we did a load of laundry. And I worked on the business stuff.

But the BIG NEWS is that DH finished the taxes. Yay! What a relief to have those submitted.

Anita - I bet everyday, you will see more where once there was snow! I hope the bench goes soon.

Ventreesta - I'm glad it is working out for you to watch and listen to so much baseball. I bet that makes the running easier!

Paula - I bet it's a pretty common problem with people mixing up dates, especially these days. It's good they didn't charge you for not showing up. My husband said that it's better that I'm confused at this doctor's office than them being confused.

Laura's Workout Mantras: