Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-23, 05:19 PM  
donnamp

Outrageously Priced Streaming Services

Ok - I think this one takes the cake:

It is $118 a month! I don't think even going to an in-person gym/studio is that much, is it?

https://remembership-michellemarlaha...s/remembership

Anyone else have one to share?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 05:41 PM  
MoFirmer

Tracy Anderson has always been so much a month! And now with her MyMode it is even more "elite". I know so many who have gone back to just her dvds and continuity and given up her stuff and moved on to Hamelin or others.
Old 02-05-23, 06:13 PM  
fanofladyvols

I don't have an extreme version but I wonder if the service you noted feels the expense is justified by being accessible live 9x a week (and able to interact with the instructor)?

I have seen lives offered but typically they're only 1x a week along with a library of recorded.

I don't know of another with access that many times a week for live classes.

(Not sure how big the recorded library is here.)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 06:16 PM  
donnamp

Yes, maybe that is why it is so pricey - and i guess, if you can afford it and it is something you use and enjoy - then it is all good!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 06:28 PM  
bubbles76

It seems like a lot, because so much on youtube is very good and free. Also, there are dvds and much more affordable options. There are also options offered through health plans that are very reasonable. I don't know what her expenses are, but that's a lot of money for streaming options. Is anything downloadable that you can keep forever?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 06:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

It wouldn't be something I would use or worth it for me though .

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 07:27 PM  
carly

The website is copyrighted 2021, so pretty new. The calendar of live sessions and times does not include the timezone? So they could range 3 hours +- in USA. I'm guessing the membership #s are low as there really isn't enough information to judge the practice.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 07:55 PM  
hypnomoon

"It is $118 a month! I don't think even going to an in-person gym/studio is that much, is it?"

A yoga studio in my town in Colorado has a $210/month membership. So, I am not surprised at seeing a streaming channel close to this. Plus, the one mentioned by OP is targeting women over 50 who can have and spend that much for yoga.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 08:15 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
It wouldn't be something I would use or worth it for me though .
Me neither. There's a pilates reformer studio that opened up this year I was excited to try -- until I saw the price. There was also a female gym (seemed bootcamp / crossfitty from the description) that opened up that I was also excited to try -- until I saw the price lol! I guess if I didn't have so many dvds or free youtube options and was more sociable that I may try out those in person classes.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 08:16 PM  
carly

There are some well known instructors in this price range:

Tracy Anderson - $90/month for online studio or if you want to add TA Live classes it comes to $130/month.

NW Church - ( A past Tracy Anderson Instructor ) $125/month.

Ilaria Powerstrike - "Virtual Studio" $125/month.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming costs, yoga studio costs