Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-23, 02:12 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good afternoon! Back at work, sigh. No more rest. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Kassandra's Winter Yin Yoga for Deep Sleep from A Year of Yoga
~ GYM for 20 minutes recumbent bike, 10 minutes arc trainer, very light leg presses, seated lat rows and chest presses
~ 3,900 steps

Waves everyone! Have a lovely rest of your day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:31 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Summer breeze, I hope your stress test and echocardiogram results are good. Sometimes, the tests themselves are stressful. Was that your first echocardiogram? That's awesome you were able to get in in outdoor walk. It's still been too cold for us.

Donna, Lively Ladies sounds interesting. I bookmarked it to review later. I miss my outdoor walks and haven't been able to find something online that holds my interest.

Pat, the meditation at the beach sounds lovely!

I finally got a workout in... finally! Cathe ICE Metabolic Total Body. I only used 5 pounds for the workout and didn't focus on what everyone else was doing. This helped me not feel wiped out, and I burned a lot of calories. I'll probably do this one again.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I succumbed to an impulse and signed for a year of Body Groove at $4/month and now I'm freaking out a little bit b/c I'm not sure how I intend to use it and I really hate wasting money - and wasting money on streaming really bugs me b/c at least w/ downloads or physical media you can always use it later...anyway, must figure out how to incorporate this, first world problems, I know...

So...yesterday I added on a 20 min Body Groove for some extra steps since it was rainy outside and i had to cut my dog walk short. I also did Trifecta Pilates, Align # 2 - which was a gentle stretchy Pilates.

Today, so far, I did BG's January 4th workout which was a 30 min routine. These are fun and I did get my HR up and a decent cardio workout w/ out doing the same old, same old. I also added on Trifecta Pilates, Align Day # 3 which was lower body stretching.

I will probably attempt a walk later and also get a Pilates routine in.

Work was ok yesterday - I got a slow start, but getting back into the swing of things.

Beth - nice work w/ Cathe - it has been a long time since I did one of hers - i don't have anything new of hers, just some old step workouts, LOL! I find LL to be somewhat "comforting" - the instructor just seems like a nice person.

Summer Breeze - hope your tests went well.

Nice job, Pat!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 01:59 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick check-in:

~ Morning meditation
~ Full PT routine
~ My own yoga stretches
~ 4,204 steps

Donna, sorry you're frustrated about succumbing to the Body Groove temptation. I hope you get enjoyment from it.

Summer Breeze, my fingers are crossed for a good outcome from your tests.

Nice workout Beth! I also learned to always use a weight that feels doable and go at my own pace, especially with KCM.

Have a nice day!
Old 01-04-23, 09:24 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Pat, how do you work on your on PT routine? Is it a combination of things you've picked up from trainers?

Donna, ooh, I had forgotten about Body Grove. $4 a month compared to some of the other $20 streaming sites seems like a very good deal! I shall have to investigate!

Summer breeze, yes, fingers are crossed for a good outcome from your tests.

The weather was fairly warm today so I was able to get in a quick walk. Then I did Cathe Boss Bands Glutes and Core, without the Boss Bands Lol. I have a variety of different bands lying around, so I made do with those. I thought it was a very good workout! I think I've finally stopped trying to match Cathe's weights and just focus on what a good instructor she is.

Beth
Old 01-05-23, 09:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I was experiencing a pretty bad setback with my injury, so meditation and repeating positive healing affirmations was my focus. I did manage almost 4,500 steps before it got very bad.

Fortunately by this morning I didn't feel the need for the crutch, but I did opt for handicapped parking at work. Hopefully I'll be in a regular spot tomorrow.

Beth, I have a three page list of exercises from PT at the orthopedist's office. I warm up with several Pilates style core exercises from prior rounds of PT. I view it as a workout - they're tough! A lot of side leg and glute work but I'm so weak there it's ridiculous. I've heard it called "dead butt syndrome"

Good morning Donna and Summer Breeze!
Old 01-05-23, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

42 minute outdoor walk

I just can't resist this mild weather. Mid 60s! It's a little disconcerting though. I know we'll be paying for it with 40 degrees in May. LOL. The weather is a little iffy today but still relatively mild. Not sure if I'll walk or do some weights.

The echocardiogram came back normal thankfully. I still haven't heard back on the nuclear stress test. I never went to this cardiologist before and she's a little ditzy so I have a feeling I'm going to have to call a few times to get some satisfaction.

PAT, sorry to hear the injury had a setback.
I hope things improve soon.

BETH, good job with a walk and Cathe. I have the Boss Bands set but I don't think I ever even opened it.

DONNA, good workouts. Well for $4 a month even using Body Groove a little bit isn't too bad.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-23, 11:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..yesterday I got a fairly long dog walk in - my DD came with me and that makes it easier to go for a longer walk! It is like March here instead of January and I'm not complaining. After work I did Jessica Valent's Full Body Resistance Band workout - I really like this one - it makes good use of tubing w/out being awkward or overly creative!

Today, so far:

Lively Ladies - Cardio Toning Exercises - From 1/4/23
Lively Ladies - Daily Stretch and Cool Down

I will likely walk outdoors again today! And then something else this evening - stretchy, I'm thinkiing.

I'm less freaked out about spending money on Body Groove. I think it will be good for extra activity, warm-ups to other activity and stand alone cardio when I'm in the mood for it. I like that I could do one or two songs at a time and then go back to finish later.

Pat - I'm sorry about your setback. I have to find some sort of corrective exercise for my right side - it is very bunched up if that makes sense.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad your tests are coming back normal, hopefully you won't have to bug the dr too much for the rest of the results.

Beth - that sounds like a good idea on how to approach Cathe!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-05-23, 11:21 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Pat, "dead butt syndrome", that's great! The exercises do sound tough.

Donna, very good workout! That's awesome that the weather is warmer for you. I wish it would stay warm!

Summer Breeze, I'm so glad your tests are coming back normal. That's great you were able to get an outdoor walk.

Today I did Cathe ICE upper body blast. I started out with 8 pounds but quickly dropped down to 5s and even 3s. It's very metabolic, and I liked there were no repeats. I think I will finish out the weekend with something from Margaret. And of course, I'm hoping for warmer walking weather this weekend as well.

Beth
Old 01-06-23, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added a short dog walk in - we waited for my DD to be done with something and by the time she was ready to go - it was raining, but my dog really wanted to go so we did - but kept it short. I also added on some Body Groove after work.

Today, so far:

Body Groove - Jan 6th workout
Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Women over 60 - just the floor work, I will try to squeeze the standing work in later today,

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!!

Donna