Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-23, 02:17 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a short TM walk in Oslo, Norway with a new guide (Helen) and she toured us around the ski jump area, which was pretty cool. Apparently when all the snow has melted folks ride around on skis with wheels attached to them.

I also added two practices with Lee (Days 8 & 9) and some yoga with Tara Lee's Luna yoga (Rebalance.) All very relaxing today, since I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 05:49 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did cardio, two of Jessica's 15 Minute walks from that dvd, the first two, Fast Fat Burn and Ab Walk. Today was housework. I felt like a rest day anyway, but will try and do a stretch this evening.

Our friends are coming over for dinner and card games, so my stretch will most likely be sometime after 9 pm.

Pam, skis with wheels, I've never heard of that! Your walks almost sound like interesting documentaries. The massage bar is exactly like this. I use it like a foam roller, laying on it and rolling seems to massage a lot harder. I like to use the round parts like tennis balls, and really dig into the sore spots. We bought it years ago from a multi-level marketing company dh was in, that sold magnets for health. I think it's supposed to have magnets in it, not that I've noticed that makes any difference. I've just never had as good results from a foam roller, it's a bit too soft to really massage my sore spots.

https://www.amazon.com/Antilog-Massa...s%2C160&sr=8-5

Donna, I'm glad the BG is working out for you. Our rain finally ended, and it's sunny today.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's great you get a few more PT visits. Improved Health is a you tube channel.
Old 01-08-23, 10:07 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Now that my knee is getting better, I decided it is time to pick a rotation, so I'm going back to an old favorite...Jessica's Get Strong DVD. It's a very simple rotation and I've had good results from it in the past.

Pam, I've seen people around here use skis with wheels during the summer. It's definitely odd and the first time I saw it I wasn't sure what I was looking at! We have a mall around here that opened a couple of years ago that has a ski slope indoors! I don't ski so I don't know much about it, but one of my nephews likes to ski and he might check it out.

Sherry, Glad to hear your rain finally stopped. Our weather is more winter like now and it might snow later today. Nothing major though. I haven't tried Jessica's 15 minute walk DVD. That's one of the few I don't have.

Waves to Donna!
Old 01-08-23, 01:02 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..where did I leave off?

Saturday -

Trifecta Pilates - Day # 6 of the Align challenge which was a full 55 minute class. I was then pretty lazy for the rest of the day other than housework. But, I am actually a tiny bit sore in my core/abs from this workout which was a surprise b/c it was labeled as "restorative"!

Sunday -

Lively Ladies - Fun Sweaty Cardio Workout (from 1/6)
Lively Ladies - Relaxing Cool Down and Stretch

I do enjoy the LL workouts....and the cool downs.

I may try to motivate myself to walk my dog today - I mean, I should, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - that is a nice rotation - I'm glad that you are seeing results from PT.

Waves, Sherry and Pam!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 02:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did two walks on the treadmill with Alex Gregory, who leads the walks/hikes in Snowdonia National park in Wales. Both endurance walks, up to the top of one of the highest peaks and another in the slate caverns/mines in Llanfair which was very interesting.

Also added (Day 10) of Qi Gong with Lee and Mimi's Winter Nourishment Qi Gong practice (which is about 30 minutes.)

I'm thinking for February, I might cycle through all of Jessica's yoga/stretch workouts along with a couple of fusion ones, too! It's been a while since I've done any of her workouts, it seems.

Sherry, that's an interesting massage stick/tool you linked to. I have a stick that I roll underneath my feet each day, but nothing for the whole body except foam rolling (which I don't do enough of.)

Donna, dogs are a lot of responsibility with the whole walking thing.

wishiwasinhawaii, glad your knee is feeling much better! Yay!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-08-23, 03:15 PM  
donnamp

Pam,

I was just thinking that I haven't done anything w/ Jessica in some time either.
I think in February I'm going to pull out her random DVDs that have week long rotations written on the back cover and work my way through those.

I think for January it is going to be Trifecta Pilates - Body Groove - Lively Ladies as my "Main" workouts with some add ins from Jessica Valent and Ellen, and whoever else pops up.

Donna
Old 01-09-23, 10:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to work today....ugh.

So far today I accomplished:

Body Groove - January 9th daily workout - this one was on the more mellow side but still a good one to get up and get moving.

Beth/Trifecta Pilates - Align - Magic Circle workout - this was challenging, as are most of the magic circle workouts for me. I did my best though and modified where i needed to.

Later today probably a walk and stretch.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-09-23, 03:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Last night I finished up the last treadmill hike (Snowdonia National Park series) with climbing the highest peak (Snowdon Summit) with trainer Alex.

This morning I moved on to the Lake District series in England with the same trainer and only have three hikes remaining until the end. I want to complete some of the series I began in 2022, so I can check them off my list, lol! So many to finish in Italy, Egypt, Easter Island, Iceland, etc....and too many to count. I tended to jump all over the place.

Have a good start to your week!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-10-23, 09:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it today....I did get a short dog walk in yesterday. I didn't get anything done in the evening - DD's BF was over. His car broke down in our driveway and it is now sitting there....he is coming over tomorrow to see if he can fix it. I feel bad for him - he doesn't get a lot of support from his family (financial or otherwise) and he finally got a working car and it broke down within a week. Ugh. Anyway....

On to today's workout...

Pahla B - December 5 Day Weight Loss Series - Day # 2- which was all strength. I was missing Pahla and decided to give this one a go. I am still baffled about what it is about her workouts that tweak me. I managed this one fine w/ no tweaks to my back or hip. Maybe it is her cardio workouts? It is definitely strange. I do miss doing her workouts thought -her chattiness cheers me up in the mornings!

Jessica Valent - Beginner Pilates -this is one of her newer workouts. It is similar to her other beginner workouts.

Hopefully will get a walk and something else in later, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-10-23, 06:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I had my regular outdoor hike today....finally! Because of rain the two last week were cancelled. It was a nice day to be out and not too cold or windy. A few of us went out to eat afterwards and I had clam chowder and clamcakes. Pretty tasty comfort food and less than $10.

Since we only hiked a mile, I felt I needed a bit more so got on the treadmill for two more hikes with Alex in the Lake District. First one was an incline of 12 and the next was a "recovery" walk. I was wearing my new Denise Austin shoes today and they were pretty comfortable on the treadmill. If I invest in anything, it has to be my feet, LOL.

Donna, that's too bad about your DD's BF's car. That's the kind of thing that happens when we're YA. It's not always easy when money is tight growing up. It might be useful for him to get AAA if he needed a tow or jump start on a battery. My brother is always trying to fix things himself because he doesn't have the excess cash for repairs. And, it's frustrating for him when he has to take the time (on maybe his only day off) to work on unexpected repairs. He's not a patient guy, either.

I signed up for the Lee Holden 5 Day challenge. I'm not sure why (since I have so many of his DVDs already) but I do like him and his workouts. So, will see what the 5 day workouts are about. He now has my email, so I'm sure I'll have to unsubscribe if I get too many in my inbox.

Have a good rest of your evening everybody!

Current Rotation: