Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-23, 08:03 PM  
Leonana

Today was mostly resting. I’m beat! But I’d like to do Beth’s newest yoga for the vagus nerve, sometime this evening. I’m supposed to do strength today, but I’m too tired.

Donna, I’m so sorry about your dh’s friend. I hope the trip goes well.

Pam, I believe you are seeing more of Arizona than I do!
Old 04-03-23, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My catch up:

Sunday:

Jessica Smith - 15 Min Fat Blaster DVD - Dance Walk
Jessica Valant - Beginner Pilates
Dog Walk

Monday:

Jessica Valant - Hip Assessment - Interestingly, I was able to do everything pretty well. I only struggled with those side lunges (Ellen calls them dancer lunges). I don't think I have the inner thigh flexibility to do those. I also did notice that my lower legs - ankles in particular seem to be less mobile than I thought.

Jessica Valant - 12-12-12 workout - this was 12 min cardio, 12 min weights, 12 min Pilates - a little bit of everything.

Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Stretches/Mobility.

We are heading out of town to go to my friend's husband's funeral. It is so sad. He just turned 56. He had been battling cancer for 2 years. I'm worried for my friend and how she is going to cope. We don't live close to each other and at times like this I wish we did. I am hoping we can get together for a longer time later this year.

Anyway - I will be back Wed. It is going to be a rough few days w/ a long car ride and a lot of emotions in between.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 11:26 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Donna, I'm so sorry for your friends loss. I will be thinking of you both during this time. Safe travels to you, also.

As for workouts, I did an Arizona TM walk in Eldorado Park, in Scottsdale. I also added Skoggs (Roots) workout, and Lauren's the Kettlebell Body (kettlesculpt), Finished up with Lauren's Mobility WU/CD workout. The Kettlesculpt workout involves doing a ladder of half Turkish getups, so you're not doing the whole thing of getting up from the floor to standing. It's a nice way to practice holding a heavy weight over your head, and maneuvering the bell. There are also Swings in this one, too! Great beginner workout.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 05:10 AM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica’s Back Friendly Workout. Lots of overhead shoulder moves in this one. She used 7 pounds, so I did too. Although I slowed down some on the last set of shoulder moves.

Donna, I’m sorry about your friend’s loss. It must be horribly difficult for her. That’s great you can be there for her at the funeral.

Pam, I’m always amazed at the extent of your fitness library.
Old 04-04-23, 09:07 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I began the April Rain or Shine Challenge for iFIT treadmill. The first workout in an 8 part series was fantastic and took place in Zimbabwe along Victoria Falls. Mick Davie is a great trainer and was born here and spoke about the history in this country and along the river.
I also added Michelle Khai's Kettlenetics Flow Motion Basics which has a cardio effect with a light kettlebell (4lbs.) Good for a light day in only 20 minutes.

Off for my Outdoor Hike...

Back later....

April Focus:
Old 04-05-23, 05:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Lots going on here at the house today with another (same x 5) fridge repair and needing a notary to witness my signature on the closing documents of mom's house!

Got in a treadmill walk this morning with Graham McTavish and he discusses his role as one of the dwarves (Dwalin) in the Hobbit movie and the barrel scene, having to do so many takes and expecting stunt doubles to do, instead. I've done this one before for the (Scottish Highland series) but iFIT likes to mix the trainers up for their monthly challenges so seeing a couple of the same ones, but don't mind one bit. Graham is such a good storyteller and distracts you from how difficult some of the climbs are. Also, added Jane Adams Yoga for Seniors (Chair Yoga). Forgot how good this one is, too! Her cat appears and the setting is gorgeous with the lovely flower garden as a backdrop! But the exercises, all wonderful working whole body from head to toe. Jane had the wrist, hand, finger stretches and pairs well because you do so much grip strength with the kettlebells. Nice to add this type of "mobility and stretch" into the mix.

Very sleepy today. Couldn't close my eyes last night thinking about mom's house, etc. ;-)

Donna, hope you're being a great comfort to your friend. How's it going? It's tough to have to re-connect at such an emotional time.

Sherry, yep my collection is varied and huge, haha! I could compete with Mary over at Total Fitness DVDs, though I was looking at some of the items she's been selling in Going, Going, Gone section. There's still some I've never heard of. ;-)

April Focus:
Old 04-05-23, 06:14 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday evening I did 15 Minutes of Beth's Restorative Yoga to Enhance Vagal Tone. I stopped because I didn't have enough throw pillows to put on the floor for the correct moves. So I finished with Yoga with Kassandra's 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Beginners. I also did some of my own stretching.

Pam, it sounds like you are almost done with your mom's house, I'm sure it will be a relief.

Donna, I hope you are doing well.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 04-06-23, 05:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did two TM workouts, the first with Chris Clark (Turks & Caicos) and second with John Peel (Arizona) at Vista Del Camino Park in Scottsdale. This is a big frisbee and disc golf park as well as baseball. After lunch I added Michelle's Kettlenetics 10 minute toning workouts (Lower Body) and (Standing Abs). She moves quickly but has a modifier to demo some basic versions of the exercises. Lastly, I pulled out Kathy Smith's Kettlebell Solutions, which I don't remember ever doing. I chose the (Core Solutions) workout which I liked very much. Kathy shows easier, harder, and advanced form of each exercise. She always looks great and is good with the core stuff. I didn't make it all the way to the end, but did most of it. On the DVD there is a Fat Burning segment, Lower Body, Upper Body and Warmup. The other DVD is a tutorial, which I'm not sure I've ever watched.

It was rainy and foggy this morning, so no regular hike.

Sherry, how's school going with the kids lately. Do you have Good Friday off?

April Focus:
Old 04-07-23, 07:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back. I have been back for a few days but just haven't felt up to checking in, although I have been working out.

My friend's DH's death really hit me harder than expected. Since we live so far away from each other and both had kids around the same age, etc. we didn't see each other very often. You know how it is - you get busy, you have your family to raise, your kids are involved in things, etc. So it isn't like we saw each other very often. But, it really has just hit me - probably a combo of seeing my own mortality (he was not even a year older than me) and seeing the suffering of my friend, their kids, his family, etc.

Anyway, today I did:

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility for Beginners
Jessica Smith - 40 Min Mega walk (or something like that - from the Walk On Series)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-23, 11:54 AM  
Leonana

Just walking at work yesterday. I came down with another darn cold! Although maybe it's allergies, but I'm really congested. Although I don't have a scratchy throat or fatigue like I usually do. I'm much less congested today, so it's short and mild. So maybe it's allergies, who knows. But no workout yesterday. I hope to do one this evening or afternoon.

Since I'm off today (school holiday), I'm going to my Friday lunch with friends. I'm looking forward to that.

Pam, we do have today off. It's going okay with the kids. A few of the kids act up, but I've learned to be firm without losing my temper, so it's less stressful for me. I call it my ice cold voice, lol. I do cafeteria and recess for fifth grade and they make me laugh. They are my favorite grade, older but not in the pre-teen hormonal you know what. Although challenging at times!

Donna, I'm glad you got back okay. I can imagine how hard that must have been, seeing your friend and her family grieve. Getting older and losing people is challenging, to say the least.